5 replies to this topic

#1 chasesim

chasesim

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:05 AM

Anytime i try to play CFS 2 i can hear everything but cant see anything while in training mode i can see the map in the left corner but the rest of the screen is black. i am fairly good with computers but im not shure what to do i changed all the video settings and nothing changed exept the size of the map. Please Help.

#2 Baltar

Baltar

Capt "Sims" as in flightSIMS

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,321 posts
  • Interests:ancient arms and armor
    small arms
    prop planes
    mountain bikes
    canoes
    some day, hang gliders!

Posted 26 April 2007 - 08:16 PM

I don't think anyone is ignoring you, its just been a long time since most of us played CFS2

I'd have to ask what kind of video card you have first, lets see if it is up to the task. Then I'd try to check and make sure I had the latest graphics driver installed for it. Check that, and report back.
Posted Image

#3 Stans

Stans

‹berkommandant alles Spam

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,548 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:46 AM

We need more info on your video card and drivers. If you can't find an answer here, I suggest you go to www.sim-outhouse.com, do the free registration then go to their CFS2 forum to search for the answer. They have a large group of CFS2 users.
When you know as much as I do, you become a danger only to yourself.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

"Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard... why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away?" - Mel Gibson as Benjamin Martin in The Patriot, 2000.

Jailhouse Bones Davis, that's my blues name, so don't forget it.

#4 chasesim

chasesim

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:53 AM

my video card is a PCI E X16 visiontek/ati radeon X1300 512MB gddr-2 im pretty shure it will hold the mustard. im going to try to reinstall it and see if that helps i have other games that have far greater graphics and runs with no problem and cfs 1 works great so maybe i adjusted somthing wrong after i try today ill repost with more . thanks alot.

#5 Stans

Stans

‹berkommandant alles Spam

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,548 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:40 AM

CFS1 and other games run, but CFS2 doesn't? Might be a driver issue, but I'd look at the settings in CFS2. Make sure your screen resolution and bit settings in CFS2 match those of your video card setup, ie: from the desktop your screen resolution is 1024x768x32 bits, CFS2 screen setup should be the same.
When you know as much as I do, you become a danger only to yourself.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

"Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard... why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away?" - Mel Gibson as Benjamin Martin in The Patriot, 2000.

Jailhouse Bones Davis, that's my blues name, so don't forget it.

#6 chasesim

chasesim

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:42 AM

Well i reinstalled it and it works great not shure what caused the initial problem but the game works great now thanks to all who helped.