COMBATSIM Forum
WesInAk

Flight Model Issues....

Ok,

So I get this thing home, install it, and give it a quick test run. Right away, I notice something odd.

Is it just me or does the flight model feel "wobbly" in this game compared to the original eech? It feels like i'm flying in a rocking chair.

WesInAk,

Welcome to our forum :)

I think you'll find agreement here among those who have flown EE2 that there are several things that are "off". I'd like to be able to confirm or disconfirm your findings, but G2 never sent me a review copy...I think they were afraid of what I'd say :D

Spectre and Gunny here on this forum both have the game and I think Spec is even doing a review of it for Flight Journal magazine. Hopefully he'll see this post and add his very experienced 2 cents.

:thumbsup:

lurch4.jpg

You rang?

:D

Yessir!

Hitting newsstands next week is my review of EE2!

As to a case of the wobblies, I cannot say for certain, as when I attempted a re-install of EEAH/CH, I was unable to fly due to my X-52 not being seen right.

Idid feel a bit "looser" than the original, but that may be just due to foggy recollection. There are other issues which, unfortunately eclipse it.

[jumps on soapbox]

The most telling of which is the HUGE lack of communication. They had "official" bug threads both here and at SimHQ. After a week, they shut them down and said

there'd be a patch. End of conversation.

No feedback in either forum, so I sought, and actually found, a G2 forum. Posted there. Went back the next day and IT WAS GONE!

Lock, stock and barrel. No more forums at all. :blink:

The lack of feed back went on for 2 months. So, with the release of the US version, I trotted over to the publisher here's site, StrategyFirst. Registered, posted.

Nothing in over a week there either. <_<

I dunno, man. It doesn't look good.

{off soap box}

It came from an excellent sim, and it looks much better, so it is, overall, not too bad. It is just such things as subterranean SAMs and random CTDs that really need

attention, and there is zero input.

Cash and dash?

I hope not, but it ain't looking good.

Welcome to the forums, and be sure to peek at the next Flight Journal for my original insights...

Yo wes. welcome to the forums. and somebody better make a goddamn true-to-life helicopter sim with realistic physics, not like those pansy flight models like BF2, or im gonna sue someone. lol :D

I love the FM's of the helos in Operation Flashpoint: Cold War Crisis/Resistance, but that's just me.

I despise the FM of the helos in ArmA, the "v1.5" of Flashpoint.

The graphics in OFP are a tad dated, but the gameplay still rocks and we have a group of guys here that fly and fight in it every weekend, and we all own ArmA, but we prefer OFP.

I agree with the crappy flight modle, in real flight any heli does not loose altitude as fast as EE2 when collective is positioned to increase forward speed. The triming out of controls sucks, and they should give opportunity to trim all controls separtly.

The sensitivity of my x52 axis commands are another issue for me, they need to add a sensitivity feature in the control set-up. Anyone have suggestions for this issue I'm all ears. It does really furstrate me. Falcon and fsx have available sensitivity adjustments and IL2 has a mod for the same.

Another issue, sound controls, you only have the option of "on" or "off". As with many other sims you can for example control the volume of; engine, outside cocpit noise, Voice, special effects like explosions, etc.. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

I do really like the sim but it needs much attention. On the contact with EE2cc I have writen three help tickets, received their auto receipt notice and not one response. This is not a $9 sim, so I do expect a better experience, I am still flying it though when in the mood for a heli ride, BF2 and Falcon are my other try hobbies.

Thanks. And Hello to all

I agree with the crappy flight modle, in real flight any heli does not loose altitude as fast as EE2 when collective is positioned to increase forward speed. The triming out of controls sucks, and they should give opportunity to trim all controls separtly.

The sensitivity of my x52 axis commands are another issue for me, they need to add a sensitivity feature in the control set-up. Anyone have suggestions for this issue I'm all ears. It does really furstrate me. Falcon and fsx have available sensitivity adjustments and IL2 has a mod for the same.

Another issue, sound controls, you only have the option of "on" or "off". As with many other sims you can for example control the volume of; engine, outside cocpit noise, Voice, special effects like explosions, etc.. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

I do really like the sim but it needs much attention. On the contact with EE2cc I have writen three help tickets, received their auto receipt notice and not one response. This is not a $9 sim, so I do expect a better experience, I am still flying it though when in the mood for a heli ride, BF2 and Falcon are my other try hobbies.

Thanks. And Hello to all

You have it wrong here. Yes I agree on what your saying in part, but you have to go in the game, lets say a campaign, and you end up in the menu of the campaign, go to options on the right top corner of the screen and you'll be able to adjust a lot of sounds issues, voive of pilot, sound effects, etc.

Cya