COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevebarker12

CFS3 HELP -END OF MY TETHER USING GEFORCE 7800GTX

Well I'm just about at the end of my tether trying to get CFS3 to stop stuttering badly.It's unplayable.

My system is shown below but i have tried just about everything on the web forum pages -shown below.

No matter how i drop the settings it still stutters

My question: does anyone have a Geforce 7800GTX and get CFS3 to work?If so I'd appreciate to know what settings they have.

System: Athon 64 X2 64 Dual 4800 2.4GHz 2Gb RAM, Geforce 7800GTX. Just downloaded latest driver!

Software: CFS3 from disc with version 3.1 & updates added.

What I've tried !! Turning off animations,minimum sliders on all,turned off shadows etc, Run CFS config, running minimum display settings, running safest settings, changing computer refresh rate, custom settings,turning off dual pass render etc,latest driver,

turning off anti virus, god knows how many other things that i haven't got a clue what they do (setting up ghosts to make computer run faster or something!), turning off background programmes

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated

Kind Regards

Steve Barker

:(

Your system is far more than capable of running CFS3 smoothly. Here are some trouble shooting questions to get started.

Did you have CFS3 running smoothly prior to the graphics driver update?

Did you remove the old graphics drivers using something like Driver Cleaner Pro before installing the new driver?

Have you set the driver card properties (Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic filtering, etc.) in the Nvidia profile for CFS3?

What size monitor are you using and at what resolution?

AMD has a dual core optimized CPU driver on their website, have you installed it?

Have you disabled AMD's Cool-n-quiet?

Flight sims are CPU intensive and may actually have a line in their configuration file that indicates single or dual core CPU. (IL2 has the line "process affinity mask=X") Check for something like this.

Are you running a sound card and if so did you turn off the on-board sound in the BIOS?

Your system is far more than capable of running CFS3 smoothly. Here are some trouble shooting questions to get started.

MANY THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO REPLY TO MY REQUEST.

IT TURNS OUT THAT BY TURNING OFF ONE OF THE CPU'S SORTED THE PROBLEM OUT

CTRL ALT DELETE>RIGHT CLICK CFS3 FILE>SET AFFINITY<UNCLICK CPU2.

ALL THE STUTTERING DISAPPEARS AND I CAN RUN CFS3 WITH ALL THE SLIDERS AT MAX. AND OPTIONS ON

IT MAKES YOU WONDER IF HAVE DUAL CORE MAY CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH OTHER GAMES/SOFTWARE?!

AND TURNING ONE OFF MIGHT BE BETTER-I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT IT THOUGH

ANYWAY-MANY THANKS AGAIN

STEVE,PRESTON, UK

:)

Did you have CFS3 running smoothly prior to the graphics driver update?

Did you remove the old graphics drivers using something like Driver Cleaner Pro before installing the new driver?

Have you set the driver card properties (Anti-aliasing, Anisotropic filtering, etc.) in the Nvidia profile for CFS3?

What size monitor are you using and at what resolution?

AMD has a dual core optimized CPU driver on their website, have you installed it?

Have you disabled AMD's Cool-n-quiet?

Flight sims are CPU intensive and may actually have a line in their configuration file that indicates single or dual core CPU. (IL2 has the line "process affinity mask=X") Check for something like this.

Are you running a sound card and if so did you turn off the on-board sound in the BIOS?

I'VE JUST RUN THE AMD DUAL CORE OPTIMIZER AS PER YOUR SUGGESTION AND THIS MAKES IT RUN WITHOUT HAVING TO REMOVE ONE CPU

SO THAT'S DEFINITELY THE BEST OPTION SO THANKS

KIND REGARDS

STEVE

:)

Well I'm just about at the end of my tether trying to get CFS3 to stop stuttering badly.It's unplayable.

My system is shown below but i have tried just about everything on the web forum pages -shown below.

No matter how i drop the settings it still stutters

My question: does anyone have a Geforce 7800GTX and get CFS3 to work?If so I'd appreciate to know what settings they have.

System: Athon 64 X2 64 Dual 4800 2.4GHz 2Gb RAM, Geforce 7800GTX. Just downloaded latest driver!

Software: CFS3 from disc with version 3.1 & updates added.

What I've tried !! Turning off animations,minimum sliders on all,turned off shadows etc, Run CFS config, running minimum display settings, running safest settings, changing computer refresh rate, custom settings,turning off dual pass render etc,latest driver,

turning off anti virus, god knows how many other things that i haven't got a clue what they do (setting up ghosts to make computer run faster or something!), turning off background programmes

Can anyone help?

Much appreciated

Kind Regards

Steve Barker

:(

Hey, I helped somebody! :anim_bounce:

Well maybe you can help another person.

I'm pretty well computer illiterate from a technical point of view, so here's my question: I want to purchase CFS 3, since it can be had around here for less than $20 and I really enjoyed CFS 1 & 2 but is it compatible with Vista? I have an HP pavillion , 2 Ghz processor, 1024 Mb DDR2, 1024Mb of mem, Intel Graphics media accelerator 950 (shared), video mem up to 224Mb, Hard Drive 160 Gb.

Chris

Well maybe you can help another person.

I'm pretty well computer illiterate from a technical point of view, so here's my question: I want to purchase CFS 3, since it can be had around here for less than $20 and I really enjoyed CFS 1 & 2 but is it compatible with Vista? I have an HP pavillion , 2 Ghz processor, 1024 Mb DDR2, 1024Mb of mem, Intel Graphics media accelerator 950 (shared), video mem up to 224Mb, Hard Drive 160 Gb.

Chris

Sorry mate, definitive answer is...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=53141

Install CFS3, then get MAW, download, install and play before you even touch basic CFS3, otherwise you may well get very, very depressed.