COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gregor27

Game bugs and crashes

Hello all, I just brushed this game off the other day and I'm having some odd problems. The first problem that I noticed is that all text is missing in the game (for example, in the options menu, in the museum, etc...) and secondly the game crashes when I enter either the mission or campaign menus. It wasn't ALL that long ago that I last played this game and I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas?

Hello all, I just brushed this game off the other day and I'm having some odd problems. The first problem that I noticed is that all text is missing in the game (for example, in the options menu, in the museum, etc...) and secondly the game crashes when I enter either the mission or campaign menus. It wasn't ALL that long ago that I last played this game and I have no idea what is going on. Any ideas?

Gregor

Have you by any chance changed your graphics card and/or its driver?

Or have upgraded your Windows?

Not long ago when I moved from Win Me to Win XP, without telling me XP changed my graphics driver and after that, even though it was the same PC, same hardware, etc., WWII Fighters had very funny graphics. Eventually I had to uninstall it.

Then I bought a second hand ‘legacy’ PC with Win98 and I have now the best of both worlds I can play WWII fighters, Mig Alley, USAF, Jane’s F-18 and quite a few other old classics, and keep the XP PC for newer sims

I trust this will be of some help

Good luck, harry

Gregor

Have you by any chance changed your graphics card and/or its driver?

Or have upgraded your Windows?

Not long ago when I moved from Win Me to Win XP, without telling me XP changed my graphics driver and after that, even though it was the same PC, same hardware, etc., WWII Fighters had very funny graphics. Eventually I had to uninstall it.

Then I bought a second hand ‘legacy’ PC with Win98 and I have now the best of both worlds I can play WWII fighters, Mig Alley, USAF, Jane’s F-18 and quite a few other old classics, and keep the XP PC for newer sims

I trust this will be of some help

Good luck, harry

The only thing that would have been upgraded since the last time I had it fully installed and played would be the graphics driver and probably a few windows upgrades. Everything else is the same. And USAF still works just fine... damn, I'd hate to have to get a legacy PC just to play WW2.