COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dungeon Keeper

Operation Flashpoint : Mission Editor

Hi im new on the forum here. I started to play this game again few days ago and i started to make some of my own missions. Well because im new in mission editing i have some problems. I found this page while looking for tutorials about mission editing.

So, my first question is: When playing a single player game most of the time i can see marker on the screen where i must go to complete my mission and the remaining meters are also displayed. I made a screenshot showing this maker im talking about :D.

marksx8.jpg

So, how can i make that marker to show up in my own missions :D

My second question is how to make that the player is displayed on the map? In single player you can see the red mark for the player on the map, but when im in mission i made, there is nothing showed on the map except the markers i made.

Welcome to the forum, D K. :)

Question 1: You must establish waypoints. In the editor, hit F4 and click where you want the waypoint to be. When the dialog for the waypoint comes up you'll have the option to make it visible. select the option you want and you're sorted.

Question 2: No way to do it in single player mode that I know of. Next best thing is equipping yourself with a GPS locator.

Welcome to our forums DK,

Also, make sure you run the game in "Cadet" mode, or the waypoints and the map markers showing soldiers won't show up. The option between Cadet and Advanced is on one of the intro screens leading into a single mission or a campaign, I think.

Thanks for replies guys.

Ok, this is what i do.

I place one unit on the map, me. i make one waypoint for this unit, set it to 'move' and i enable, "always show" option but when i go and preview my mission i dont see anything on the screen. :(

@Stag

What is that game that is first in first picture you have in your signature? :D:D

Armed Assault. Basically, OFP2006.

What are your game settings?

Armed Assault. Basically, OFP2006 is an addon for Operation Flashpoint??? Why is the year next to OFP 2006, is that new wersion of the game?

I have "OFP: Game of the year" and patched to 1.96 :D

How can i install it and where can i get this addon?

Ontopic:

On what setting do you mean?

Where do i go to look at those settings?

Armed Assault. Basically, OFP2006 is an addon for Operation Flashpoint??? Why is the year next to OFP 2006, is that new wersion of the game?

I have "OFP: Game of the year" and patched to 1.96 :D

How can i install it and where can i get this addon?

Ontopic:

On what setting do you mean?

Where do i go to look at those settings?

It's like version 2 of OFP, only it's not. More like 1.5. It's a standalone game, but very resource hungry. Came out last year.

Check it out:

http://www.armedassault.com/