Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Dude

Roy Scheider Passes Away

10 posts in this topic

Damn he was a great actor RIP

Hellva actor, one of the best. RIP, Roy :icon_salute3:

A truly believeable actor, unlike some nowdays. Always liked his line from "Jaws"............. "I think you'll need a bigger boat!" RIP, Roy, and God bless.

Roy Scheider dead at 75

2010_165.jpg

Of course we all remember him in Jaws, but I really liked him in 52 Pickup.

RIP, Roy.

Remember the scene in the desert, when his company blows up that enormous mess of stuff? That's exactly how they make metals that can't weld to each other bond, like aluminum and steel. We use bi-metal every days here. Basically, they take a mess of plastic explosive in pellets and lay a smooth layer under the two plates (which are clamped together). Then another mess of plastic, a boatload of sandbacks for tamping, then simply stand back, and twist the plunger. I heard we're talking a million pounds per square inch to do this little trick.

Boats

The things you learn in CSim! Almost makes it worthwhile!

Remember the scene in the desert, when his company blows up that enormous mess of stuff? That's exactly how they make metals that can't weld to each other bond, like aluminum and steel. We use bi-metal every days here. Basically, they take a mess of plastic explosive in pellets and lay a smooth layer under the two plates (which are clamped together). Then another mess of plastic, a boatload of sandbacks for tamping, then simply stand back, and twist the plunger. I heard we're talking a million pounds per square inch to do this little trick.

Boats

Very cool :thumbsup: