COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Elbows

New here, questions (CFS3+OFF+Vista)

Hey all, new poster here...

Long time WW1 wannabe (closest I've come to gaming was designing a large boardgame involving 1/72nd scale models etc., quite fun). Anyway, just purchased a new gaming rig (3.0G duo, 9800GTX, 4G Ram etc.) and I was drooling when I discovered OFF. Running 64-bit Vista on the new machine - does CFS3 run w/ Vista well? Heck, I even bought a joystick today (retro Saitek!). I may break down into tears if I cant run OFF on Vista.

Also, Microsoft's website lists CFS3 as Vista capable - but all the ones I've seen for sale online only list XP. So, someone cheer me up and give me the skinny.

Cheers,

New Guy

Welcome to our little site, Elbows.

We had a few folks round these parts that played a lot of OFF....Schatten was one of the residents experts that comes to mind. Unfortunately, Schatten has been AWOL the last little while. We have a team out searching for him.

Very few of the folks here run Vista, so keep us posted as to your progress with OFF.

:)

First post here, OFF works with Vista, they even sorted out the TrackIR problem. Unfortunatley Sim Outhouse forums had a major crash and all posts were lost. This included the instructions for getting OFF to work with Vista. However I'm sure they will have them up again. I know it had something to do with installing it in "safe mode" Anyway here is a link to the OFF forum:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Cheers

Typhoon