Spear

F-22 2008 v.1R

99 posts in this topic

ezfxjp.png

Description:

F-22 2008 is a Total Air War mod, basically a hybrid between TAW, ADF and RSO, but with many extras.

current version is v.1-R, a refurbished v.1 .. the version v.2 w/ the important improvements is yet to arrive.

Features:

* 30 custom missions

* 3 custom campaigns, 28 missions

* full ADF campaigns, 29 missions

* full RSO campaigns, 36 missions

* new HUD

* partially new GUI

* some new sounds

* cloud enhancement

* high-res 1024x768 patch

* improved Level of Detail

* new Moon

THIS MOD IS OBSOLETE

DOWNLOAD 1.5-B2 INSTEAD.

Download:

Link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/157181099/F22-2008-v1R-setup.rar

no password.

IMPORTANT:

RapidShare detects download accelerators, and will deny download.

Furthermore, if the archive is corrupted, post here immediately and a mirror will be provided as fast as possible.

If you have any questions or experience any problems, feel free to post about them.

Thanks Jolly07.

got your pM and agree. But maybe with return of SimHQ forum pages TAW community will start buzzing again.

First of all I'd like to say thanks to Jolly07 for F-22 2008 v.1R. Its brilliant and has got me wanting to play TAW after 10 years.

Unfortunately I have a small problem which I am hoping someone can help me with. I am running F-22 2008 v.1R on Vista Home Premium. Having downloaded and installed F-22 2008 v.1R the first time, everything worked great, the gameplay, graphics and sound. However foolishly I went to the options to change the control method from Keyboard to Joystick and also to adjust the Sound FX and Speech volumes. Whilst doing this I accidently clicked on the Music control which I know is a bug which subsequently crashed the game.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling F-22 2008 v.1R a few times, deleting the folder from the Start Menu and deleting any files I can find relating to F-22 2008 v.1R through Windows Explorer. But everytime, the installation picks up my old Pilot name and Call-Sign and remembers that I clicked on enable Music in the Options menu which means I get no Sound FX or Speech anymore and the game crashes. Can somebody please tell me why this would be happening? Is there a file somewhere that the installation program does not remove or a registry entry that remembers this? I have even tried downloading F-22 2008 v.1R again and reinstalling but it keeps picking up the old settings. I just want to do a clean installation!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

G-Lif

when you uninstall, be sure to use the Uninstaller that the setup program generated.

on the other hand, check out the default directory C:\Program Files\F-22 2008 -- maybe it still contains traces?

in the end, there's a thing to know: both TAW and ADF will use a Registry key for designating where should they get

configuration and pilot data. if the key is missing, they'll use the current program directory.

now, that Registry key is ONLY generated by the original TAW installation program.. which is said not to run at all on Vista.

right.. my hunch is that you once installed the original TAW.. then, when you switched to F-22 2008,

our version would still use the directories used by the original TAW.

the best approach would be disposing of the faulty Registry key.

alas, you're running on Vista, there's no telling what weird stuff can happen there as far as the Registry goes.

be sure to search for leftovers of the original TAW installation if you're not eager to go Reg key hunting.

(C:\Program Files\DID\Program would be a good place to start..)

yes, and another thing. there are differences between uninstalling F-22 2008 and the original TAW.

you see, the uninstaller of '08 deletes all files, and doesn't put anything TAW-related in the Registry.

the original TAW installer puts that key in the Registry, and the uninstaller doesn't delete the configuration files.

I hope this helped.

Thanks very much for your help Jolly07. After a painful few hours I managed to search through my registry and Program Files directories to delete everything I could find relating to TAW and F22 and then finally do a clean install. Now I can get on and get flying! I very much look forward to the v2 mod!

when you uninstall, be sure to use the Uninstaller that the setup program generated.

on the other hand, check out the default directory C:\Program Files\F-22 2008 -- maybe it still contains traces?

in the end, there's a thing to know: both TAW and ADF will use a Registry key for designating where should they get

configuration and pilot data. if the key is missing, they'll use the current program directory.

now, that Registry key is ONLY generated by the original TAW installation program.. which is said not to run at all on Vista.

right.. my hunch is that you once installed the original TAW.. then, when you switched to F-22 2008,

our version would still use the directories used by the original TAW.

the best approach would be disposing of the faulty Registry key.

alas, you're running on Vista, there's no telling what weird stuff can happen there as far as the Registry goes.

be sure to search for leftovers of the original TAW installation if you're not eager to go Reg key hunting.

(C:\Program Files\DID\Program would be a good place to start..)

yes, and another thing. there are differences between uninstalling F-22 2008 and the original TAW.

you see, the uninstaller of '08 deletes all files, and doesn't put anything TAW-related in the Registry.

the original TAW installer puts that key in the Registry, and the uninstaller doesn't delete the configuration files.

I hope this helped.

Hello!

I loved to play F22-ADF.

For a view days I have found F22-ADF in my cupboard. I'm so glad that I still have my old Win98-PC. :D

So I'm totally in a nostalgia fever.

This Mod will be perfect for me!

My Question: Is it runnung also for F22-ADF or only for F22-TAW?

hahaha. I see you didn't actually read the information.. but guess you already downloaded it, so no matter.

I have a question to the new HUD:

Why the change? Was the old one not realistic? Is the new HUD now really looking like the original HUD of the real F22?

If yes.. how do you know?

3588hu8.png

you ask a lot of questions without actually downloading and checking out the game.

but I'll answer you anyway.

the new HUD is closer to the real life HUD than the original was, but of course, not 100% identical.

we know how it looks because we've seen F-22 HUD videos. :rolleyes:

can you change it back to the original, well yes you can.

Sorry I'm inquisitive :D

I will download it this week @ home. In the moment I'm @ work and the proxy don't allow rapidshare. :(

So I still havn't read the "how to install". Else I think I ask a lot more. :D

PS: Sorry for the bad english, I'm german.

all your questions will be answered as soon as you download the file.

you have a false image in your mind right now, I think you will be surprised when you find out what F-22 2008 actually is.

That's sounds good to me. :D I will test it out and give you a feedback.

OK buddy.. and don't forget about SimHQ, if you have any suggestions, I don't know how much longer I'll be around.

Heyho....

I have installed F22 ADF (without Musik) on my XP-Computer. Running fine.

Then I have downloaded the exe-File. Surprise, it seems to be a whole new Game?

I don't have to install F22 ADF? I can install F22 2008 on a custom Path?

OK, so I did it. I clicked on the shortcut on the desctop. *Bump* there is a errormessage.

It says that it can't find a file in the DVD-drive (F22 ADF-CD was in it).

OK, I ejeced the CD and tryed it again. *Bump* a errormessage again. It can't find a CD in the drive.

But the game was running.

First I opened the graphicoptions. I only can choose 800x600 ?????

Where are the 1024x768 ?????

In the game the graphic looks like the original F22 ADF.... :blink:

I played it a while and than it crashed. Also the DEMO crashed after a view seconds....

What's wrong?

F-22 2008 is a self-sufficient improved version of F-22 TAW.

you probably installed F-22 ADF from a CD, but chose "Minimal" installation.

doing so will have the ADF installation program put a key in the Registry, that confuses F-22 2008

and makes it try to load the data files from ADF's CD which you used to install ADF.

go to Start -> Run -> type "regedit" and in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software delete the Digital Image Design folder.

then try to run F-22 2008 (yellow TAW icon on Desktop) again.

not knowing why you didn't have the 1024x768 resolution available shows that you didn't read the ReadMe file of F-22 2008. :rolleyes:

you have to use the TAW_RES.COM program that modifies TAW's executable.

the version contained is the Direct3D version. you could get hold of the patched Glide version and use the glVoodoo wrapper with it,

if it better suits you.

as for the Demo crashing, I don't know, what error did it say? maybe it was a hardware problem.

OK, sorry, I don't understand you 100%... My english is not sooooo good.

1. I have to install F22-ADF with minimal installation and without Music (because of XP).

2. I have to delete the regestry of DID.

3. I have to install F22 2008

4. I have to run TAW_RES.COM

5. I have to run F22 2008 (Icon on Desctop)

What's with glVoodoo? I don't understand this 100%, sorry....

The TAW_RES.COM includes Direct3D with 1024x768. But I can also istall the patched Glide which includes a "virtual" Voodoo-Graphiccard (wrapper)?