#41 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

Question:

Can you give me a link to the DgVoodoo wrapper?
This is not working anymore:
Topic Link

I found a impressive example:
http://simhq.com/for.../2216872/1.html

Edit:

Got it!
http://dege.freeweb.hu/

#42 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:26 PM

I got it!!!!
It's working on XP!
I uninstalled F22 2008 and F22 ADF.
Then I installed F22 2008 again and make the changes for the resolution.

But now I have one problem: My Joystick is not working and I can't activate it in the options because of the crash when I open the options.
What I have to add in the game.cfg to activate the Joystick?

#43 Spear

Spear

Captain

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:52 PM

.. well.....
  • apply the TAW_RES.COM patch again to get back to normal resolutions (800x600)
  • enter Options, change what you want
  • then re-apply the resolution patch (1024x768).

but to answer your actual question:
CONTROL=1 (for joystick)
CONTROL=0 (for keyboard)

F-22 2008 not working well because of F-22 ADF was expectable.
you never had to install anything except F-22 '08.

#44 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:11 PM

OK, it's working and I was playing 3-4 hours :D
Makes a lot of fun! Thank's for your engagement!!! :)

But there are some little problems. Maybe can be fixed for the next version?

- The Dogfight-Demos in the Training-Mission "folder" are crashing.
- All Freeflights are completed at beginning of the missions.
- Freelook (F12) is crashing.
- The small monitor (5 on Numblock) have a graphic problem.

#45 Spear

Spear

Captain

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:24 PM

But there are some little problems. Maybe can be fixed for the next version?

- The Dogfight-Demos in the Training-Mission "folder" are crashing.
- All Freeflights are completed at beginning of the missions.
- Freelook (F12) is crashing.

• are you sure? you're supposed to automatically die when the dogfight demos begin.
  • that doesn't matter, press "C" and continue the mission. we'll see if we'll lose time trying to fix it.
  • same problem reported in SimHQ, seems it's for XP only. I never had that problem, playing Direct3D on XP MCE.
  • that's because of 1024x768, already fixed over at SimHQ and will be included in next release.

#46 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 01:11 AM

• are you sure? you're supposed to automatically die when the dogfight demos begin.

Hm... now I'm confused.... Now I remember that I saw a explosion directly after the beginning.
Either it will crash after the expolsion or I was wrong.
Nevertheless it is not possible to watch a nice dogfight if one of the fighters will explode direct after the beginning. :)

But I don't want to list only the bad things I noticed. I noticed a lot of awesome changes regarding to ADF!
First of all the new HUD! Very good work! I saw a HUD-Video of the F22 and it looks really like it. (As I can see in the bad quallity)
Then I noticed the new behave of a damaged engine! :D In ADF it only was to noticed because of the low power and the smoke.
Now the engine speed up and down uncontrollably.
I don't know if it depends on the level of difficulty but now I can't call the airfield or my wingman if I'm at EMCON 1. I think this is also more realistic.

So overall: VERY GOOD WORK! :thumbsup:

#47 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:22 AM

Back to the small IRST MDF:

Is it even realistic?

In this picture of the F22 cockpit there is no IRST MDF:
Posted Image

:blink:

#48 Spear

Spear

Captain

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:49 AM

Hm... now I'm confused.... Now I remember that I saw a explosion directly after the beginning.
Either it will crash after the expolsion or I was wrong.
Nevertheless it is not possible to watch a nice dogfight if one of the fighters will explode direct after the beginning. :)

there are three aircraft in a demo dogfight mission. you (Neutral) and the two aircraft mentioned (Enemies).
you die when the mission starts -- then the game tries to get into Smart View (F12) and there it crashes.
the player's aircraft exploding will be discussed.

But I don't want to list only the bad things I noticed. I noticed a lot of awesome changes regarding to ADF!
First of all the new HUD! Very good work! I saw a HUD-Video of the F22 and it looks really like it. (As I can see in the bad quallity)
Then I noticed the new behave of a damaged engine! :D In ADF it only was to noticed because of the low power and the smoke.
Now the engine speed up and down uncontrollably.
I don't know if it depends on the level of difficulty but now I can't call the airfield or my wingman if I'm at EMCON 1. I think this is also more realistic.

So overall: VERY GOOD WORK! :thumbsup:

thanks..... but there's one thing to remember.
this game is NOT a modified F-22 ADF. it's a modified F-22 TAW, the sequel for ADF made in 1998.
the EMCON thing and engine sound effects are from TAW.
ADF and TAW are not so different, that's why we could include ADF's campaigns in here.

#49 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:00 AM

there are three aircraft in a demo dogfight mission. you (Neutral) and the two aircraft mentioned (Enemies).
you die when the mission starts -- then the game tries to get into Smart View (F12) and there it crashes.
the player's aircraft exploding will be discussed.

Ah yes that's the way it was. OK, I understand.

thanks..... but there's one thing to remember.
this game is NOT a modified F-22 ADF. it's a modified F-22 TAW, the sequel for ADF made in 1998.
the EMCON thing and engine sound effects are from TAW.
ADF and TAW are not so different, that's why we could include ADF's campaigns in here.

Ah ok. I only know ADF. Nevertheless GOOD WORK! :D

#50 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:20 AM

Do have read this?

Back to the small IRST MDF:

Is it even realistic?

In this picture of the F22 cockpit there is no IRST MDF:
Posted Image

:blink:

#51 Spear

Spear

Captain

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:55 AM

OK so?
in the game, the F-22 has IRST. in real life, it doesn't.
this thread is about the F-22 2008 mod, and solving problems you have with it.

want to discuss about the real F-22? register here: http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/

#52 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:56 AM

I think what Spear is trying to convey is that this is a sim that was made in 1997 about an aircraft that didn't go operational until 2005 or so. It is even mentioned in the manual that much of the technology and avionics implementation was based on best guesses, and the IRST is one of a very few that DiD got wrong.

What amazes me is that 12 years ago, DiD got so much correct that F-22 TAW has more avionics fidelity than most sims that model current aircraft.

Bottom line: enjoy the sim. That's why it's here.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#53 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 02:47 AM

Bottom line: enjoy the sim. That's why it's here.

Believe me: I do! ;)

Only yesterday I had some problems with a #%&# SAM! <_<

#54 Spear

Spear

Captain

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 04:10 AM

Only yesterday I had some problems with a #%&# SAM! <_<

I bet you tried to engage a Shilka with the cannons. :)

#55 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:10 AM

I bet you tried to engage a Shilka with the cannons. :)

Nearly...
I have to destroy the Tower and have only normal bombs and the cannons....
I have to come into a short range to engage with this bombs and this was no good idea. :D
I don't know how I can destroy this SAMs without an long range weapon. :unsure:

#56 Spear

Spear

Captain

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

"Tower"?

anyway, the cannon is a very good weapon against mostly anything, except buildings and ships.
going with it against SAMs is very dangerous, but if you're skilled enough, you can do it.
switch to EMCON 1 and fly very, very low, and directly towards the SAM.
when you get very close to it, pull a bit up, then try to shoot it. when you pass it by (especially if it's a machine gun SAM),
switch to F2 view to see when it fires.

like I said, takes skill, and it's not a good tactic with lots of SAMs in a group.
if you're against missile SAMs, try to fly around them until they fire all their missiles.
then they're defenseless.

and if going to attack SAMs in a group, ALWAYS destroy the machine gun SAMs first, unless the mission requires you otherwise.

#57 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:07 AM

"Tower"?

Yes, the tower of the airfield. This was the missiongoal.

anyway, the cannon is a very good weapon against mostly anything, except buildings and ships.
going with it against SAMs is very dangerous, but if you're skilled enough, you can do it.
switch to EMCON 1 and fly very, very low, and directly towards the SAM.
when you get very close to it, pull a bit up, then try to shoot it. when you pass it by (especially if it's a machine gun SAM),
switch to F2 view to see when it fires.

like I said, takes skill, and it's not a good tactic with lots of SAMs in a group.
if you're against missile SAMs, try to fly around them until they fire all their missiles.
then they're defenseless.

and if going to attack SAMs in a group, ALWAYS destroy the machine gun SAMs first, unless the mission requires you otherwise.

Thanks for the tipp but I tryed it like that. Excepting the low altatude. I want to play the game realistic as possible and so I don't use the F2 view.
That's why I attack the SAM from a higher altatude. But I will try it like you sad (but without F2 view). Thanks

#58 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,501 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

Yes, the tower of the airfield. This was the missiongoal.

Thanks for the tipp but I tryed it like that. Excepting the low altatude. I want to play the game realistic as possible and so I don't use the F2 view.
That's why I attack the SAM from a higher altatude. But I will try it like you sad (but without F2 view). Thanks

Don't ignore the maverick, either. Maverick is effective against mobile targets and buildings, and has a standoff range greater than the ZSU so you don't have to worry about cannon fire.

If I have any sort of static target (e.g. tower, hangar, building) with SAMS and AAA nearby, I load up with maverick and dispense enough hate and discontent for all takers. :thumbsup:
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#59 Dragon2781

Dragon2781

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

Don't ignore the maverick, either. Maverick is effective against mobile targets and buildings, and has a standoff range greater than the ZSU so you don't have to worry about cannon fire.

If I have any sort of static target (e.g. tower, hangar, building) with SAMS and AAA nearby, I load up with maverick and dispense enough hate and discontent for all takers. :thumbsup:

Yes, I know. But in this Trainingmission I can't load any other weapons...

But now back to topic. Else Spear will kill me. :D

#60 germanpilot

germanpilot

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

@ Spear: Are you planning to design a HUD exactly like the real F22 HUD? If not, can you tell me, why you ve decided to make it that way in your great mod?
(Just have flown around 2 hours, but i m very impressed. )
When i m back home i will make some more testing.
Great work. Please continue making F22ADF / TAW better.