COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Whizkid

Any GPL Online players?

I've been trying to race online with GPL, but they all seem to be in Europe. Anybody in the U.S. racing online with IGOR? Perhaps we could start a U.S. series. What say?

Heh, GPL online is a hoot. Haven't done it in years, used to run in a league and yeah, west coast time zone makes for some awkward start times. Seems to me races used to start at around midnight local time. Might be up for trying a few runs sometime, but it won't be until after the holidays, just too much to do this month.

Heh, GPL online is a hoot. Haven't done it in years, used to run in a league and yeah, west coast time zone makes for some awkward start times. Seems to me races used to start at around midnight local time. Might be up for trying a few runs sometime, but it won't be until after the holidays, just too much to do this month.

That sounds like we could maybe start a West Coast League, Neddie. I've got GEM+ and IGOR installed but VIROC really screwed up my PC so I uninstalled it. I just race against the AI with GPL65,66,67, and don't want to get into the winged cars and later. Let me know if you'd be interested in hosting some runs, eh?

Well, I've waited long enough, so I went hunting, and came up with this web-site. They're a great bunch of hard-drivers, and love new members, so if you're interested in GPL driving, check this out. I drove with them Friday nite, and liked my welcome.

http://forums.speedgeezers.net/index.php?showforum=34

Just what, exactly, are you drinking these days, Whiz?

I want to get me some because you seem to have more energy now, than I did when I first got into PC games at the tender age of 34. :lol:

Just what, exactly, are you drinking these days, Whiz?

I want to get me some because you seem to have more energy now, than I did when I first got into PC games at the tender age of 34. :lol:

Don't let it fool you, Doug! I do it just to stave off the boredom of retirement, you know! Actually, I was thinking of you, when I applied to join them, as your driving times could give these guys a run for the money, and I know you like GPL. Bob Simpson is the Admin for GPL-VOR, and lives in Montreal. Hell of a nice guy, and his e-mail addy is "lesandbob@sympatico.ca" should you wish to contact him for an e-mail application. It appears that they are running fun races at present on Friday nites, at 2030hrs CT until Januarys start of the Season, so it would be a great time to join. BTW, my favorite beverage of choice is Irish Whisky, or Wine, or G&T, or...........................................! If I forget later, have a wonderful, blessed Christmas, my friend.