Home Fries

TAW 2.0 Known Issues and Bug Reports

516 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RUNRUN said:

we can t have flight profile and threat on at the same time ?

correct.  It works with the original, but we werent' able to get all of the files when we dearchived the dat file.

I can't get 2.30 to work - used to work in my similar Win7 64 build so not sure if the problem is windows 10 64 but I can get to the loading menu but as soon as I press "fly" in any mission...training, capaign, same story - I get this -  "f22.dat has stopped working" message.  Any ideas where to start?  Using glide version with no mods just standard 2.30 install.  No change if I try D3D exe or other resolutions etc.  Have persused this forum but can't find similar issues so apologize if this is covered somewhere.  Can't find any F22.$$$ file in my c:/ location either.

UPDATE - I think I figured it out.  I was using nGlide wrapper.  Not sure if there was a conflict because I already had nGlide installed at a system level but even when I pointed TAW to my prior nGlide install I got the same crash.  Wierd because it works in all my other 3dfx games.  So I switched to Voodoo and bam...everything works just fine. 

Thank you!

Gino

Anyone experiencing sudden frame drops on windows 10?

Mustsafa,

Are you referring to a drop in frames rate (fps)?

If it is "fps" decreased, what is being rendered at the time of the decrease?

5 hours ago, DrKevDog said:

Mustsafa,

Are you referring to a drop in frames rate (fps)?

If it is "fps" decreased, what is being rendered at the time of the decrease?

I don't really know.

It happens whenever I get as close as 100 miles from an enemy aircraft group.

My first reaction is to suspect Polak's old header modification, in which all the .3 files use the highest LOD for an exclusively long distance (128k ?). The easy test / fix would be to substitute all the default .3 files. What else then breaks is uncertain to me in 2.0.

17 hours ago, Mustsafa said:

Anyone experiencing sudden frame drops on windows 10?

3 minutes ago, DrKevDog said:

My first reaction is to suspect Polak's old header modification, in which all the .3 files use the highest LOD for an exclusively long distance (128k ?). The easy test / fix would be to substitute all the default .3 files. What else then breaks is uncertain to me in 2.0.

Mustsafa,

If you're running TAW 2.30 (or any version 2.21 or later), then Polak's objects are not enabled by default.  If you do have the "Objects - Maximum Draw Distance" mod enabled, then as DKD says, this could be the issue.  I have not really tested TAW in Windows 10, so I can't comment further.

For troubleshooting, it also helps if you tell us which TAW exe you're running (e.g. Glide, D3D 1024, 16 or 32 bit, etc.) and Glide wrapper+settings if applicable.  These details can be found on the TAW Configuration menu.

20 hours ago, Home Fries said:

Mustsafa,

If you're running TAW 2.30 (or any version 2.21 or later), then Polak's objects are not enabled by default.  If you do have the "Objects - Maximum Draw Distance" mod enabled, then as DKD says, this could be the issue.  I have not really tested TAW in Windows 10, so I can't comment further.

For troubleshooting, it also helps if you tell us which TAW exe you're running (e.g. Glide, D3D 1024, 16 or 32 bit, etc.) and Glide wrapper+settings if applicable.  These details can be found on the TAW Configuration menu.

I turned off the "Objects - Maximum Draw Distance" mod

Used nglide/voodoo and d3d

And Still have this issue.

I will try again after I finish downloading windows updates. I hope there is a library/API or something with the download for backward compatibilities.

I also experienced extreme frame rate drops in Flaming Cliffs 2 and counter strike source.

What machine are you running on?
Have you 'upgraded' to Win10 from a earlier Windows that worked OK on the same hardware?

15 hours ago, Mustsafa said:

I turned off the "Objects - Maximum Draw Distance" mod

Used nglide/voodoo and d3d

And Still have this issue.

I will try again after I finish downloading windows updates. I hope there is a library/API or something with the download for backward compatibilities.

I also experienced extreme frame rate drops in Flaming Cliffs 2 and counter strike source.

That's the ideal configuration for a modern system, so I can't identify anything that we can do with TAW to fix the issue.  Hopefully you get the issue fixed, as it does more likely appear to be driver related.

It's my same old 2010 laptop with i5(2.4-3.2 GHz) and gt330m.

I should start saving for a new PC.

I really wish microsoft didn't let me get stuck on updates. My internet is really slow and I some times sit for more than a month until it remembers to continue updates.

So now they are ditching backward compatibility. Something they were supposed to do in the windows ME/XP era.

(backward compatibility is an excuse to repeat old mistakes            -Wish I remember who said it )

And yes I have the latest drivers.

A few suggestions:
1. Disconnect it from the internet. That's the only way to have any control of the Win10 update process.
2. Make sure the 'Control Panel' ', 'Power Options' is set to 'High Performance'
3. Check that your CPU fan ís running and clear from dust etc, as the CPU may be throttled due to high temperature.

Could this be a multi-GPU issue? E.g. the main GPU offloading to the integrated GPU for power saving or due to a driver error?

47 minutes ago, Krycztij said:

Could this be a multi-GPU issue? E.g. the main GPU offloading to the integrated GPU for power saving or due to a driver error?

Who knows? It just got worse after the updates. Now the login and main menu are really slow.

One of the tools in TAW that may be of assistance in determining what is being rendered when the slowdowns occur is the Polygon tool.

When in-game simply press Alt + 0 (zero) and you should see the following:

58d30ea272b6a_Framerate-3_009_22032017_182000-Copy.jpg.a96ed093c90c99703e0fb08e392e3e2d.jpg

FrameRate.jpg.1ee533fda3b29be15d7235bde43d6736.jpg

Use a screen capture process to capture the results, both in areas where there are slowdowns (eg:"It happens whenever I get as close as 100 miles from an enemy aircraft group ") and when not slow.

Tried the update once again. Login remained painfully slow and I can't get passed it. Guess I should change to hardware with better drivers. All my drivers are already updated.

And the mystery remains why F18 korea gold from graphsim works like a charm...