#1 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:24 PM

How to Join and Host a Multiplayer Session in TAW
Copied and edited with permission of The_Nephilim from his original posts at SimHQ

How to Join a Multiplayer Session in TAW

1.Click Multiplayer in the Main menu:
Posted Image

2. Select "Internet TCP/IP Connection for DirectPlay" Then Select "Join Game" Lower Left:
Posted Image

3. A "Locate Session" Box will appear top left Type in the IP of the "Host", which should be provided by the host and written down before the game starts:
Posted Image

4. Once you Type in the IP of the Host you will see His/Her Callsign appear in the "Games in Progress" :
Posted Image

5. Now click on the Host's Name in the Games in Progress Box you will see it say Connecting:
Posted Image

6. It will now connect and you will now see in the Games in Progress Box make sure it is highlighted in Blue as that will be the game you wanna join then click Join Game Lower left:
Posted Image

7. If you successfully Connected you will Now be in the Interface:
Posted Image

8. You are not able to do anything until the Host set's up the server, then once the Host clicks Start you will be taken to the next Interface screen where you can read the Debrief and discuss the Mission When you are ready Click "OK":
Posted Image

9. After you click OK you will get a Green Check mark next to your name showing all you are ready:
Posted Image

10. Once everybody clicks OK you will be In game and Online with TAW. Congratulations!
Posted Image

How to Host a Multiplayer Session in TAW

1. Start TAW Select Multiplayer:
Posted Image
Shot at 2007-11-01

2. Select "Internet TCP/IP Connection for DirectPlay" Then Select NEW GAME:
Posted Image
Shot at 2007-11-01

3. Then you are in the Interface and Others can Now Join You:
Posted Image
Shot at 2007-11-01

From Home Fries: the host menu has changed in TAW 2008 v1.5 to allow for inclusion of the ADF/RSO campaign missions. While the screenshots do not reflect this, the principle for online hosting remains identical. The following text reflects this change.

4. From here you can Select Head to Head or Co-Op Missions. There are a few to choose From.

5. You can Also Select ADF/RSO and now for the first time, play the original campaign missions from Air Dominance Fighter and Red Sea Operations in a multiplayer session.

6. You can Select Custom Mission, here you can select Online Players against AI Planes of All Types. You can Select missions to go after Ground Vehicles Of all types and Ships too!!

Well Hope you enjoyed this little Guide and We Hope to see you in the NOT so Friendly Skies ;)

The_Nephilim

-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#2 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:31 PM

Hi All,

I just wanted to mention that if you want to play on a LAN you can either Try IPX or to make it easier just Use TCP/IP for LAN as well as Internet..

If you try it with IPX make sure you have that Protocol installed in your System.

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#3 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Interests:Home Frie's latest release of Total Air War v 2.2
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    Including EF2000 (PC) - 1995
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 17 July 2009 - 08:49 PM

I'm on SimHQ TS channel Total Air War 2008 now.
Who will show? We shall see.
Posted Image

#4 Captain Crusty

Captain Crusty

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:00 PM

Yo you good people......brilliant job on the old game home fries.

..........it must of been at least 6yrs since I kicked Niphilim and Ramjets arses, at least I think it was. My memory ain't quite as good as it was, neither is the hand eye co-ordination and my arms ain't long enough to read the manual.

...........Mmmm Canyon Chaos.

#5 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 01 May 2010 - 06:31 PM

I kicked Niphilim arse in Canyon Chaos 6yrs ago.

Yo 'Captain Crusty',,You kicked Niphilim ass?
That's not how Niphilim remembers it.

Be warned,, Niphilim is a Maj. now. He may have to remove your wings again.

Just kidding. You are welcome to join us anytime.
We fly MP Co-op missions now. Be ready to be a "Player". No more "Grab Ass".

HFs made a real flight sim out of this old girl.
Be sure you upgrade to Total Air War v2.12

Edited by Hawkx, 18 June 2010 - 04:56 PM.

Posted Image

#6 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:49 PM

Well Hope you enjoyed this little Guide and We Hope to see you in the NOT so Friendly Skies ;)
The_Nephilim

See "Avenging Scimitar A06".

When HFs is interested in campaign mods,
who knows if he or someone else may find the key to add the campaign mode to MP.
That would really be kool.

Edited by Hawkx, 18 June 2010 - 05:04 PM.
Clarification on the Avenging Scimitar campaign

Posted Image

#7 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 17 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

On TS now
Let's fly. :icon_salute3:
F-22 Total Air War 2.16c
:popcornsmilie:
Posted Image

#8 StarKrust

StarKrust

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:23 PM

Hello There Everyone.
I wish to say to join the online game, does need some configurations no one had mentioned before.

for example port foward the correct port TCP and  UDP maybe.

I did config port foward the  router but even like that does have no game there.
Possible because must be the right port  configuration a specific one !

Does anyone knows solutions for port foward the correct port ?

Any solution welcome !

PS: firewalls are down everythink working well.

#9 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

Well goto PortForward.com and look for your Router/Modem in the Routers Guide list.. then on the Program list Pick DirectX7/8 Ports or Janes/F/A-18 those are the ports required to be forwarded in your Routers Port Forward/Virtual Server Settings..

Also Put in your Software Firewall An Exception for _F22.exe and F22.DAT.. do NOT forget the UNDERSCORE in _F22.exe...

Once you have that setup you will need to Test a few ports to make sure they are in FACT Open.. You can try SIMPLE PORT TESTER or PFPortchecker at PortForward.com. or just Google Search for SIMPLE PORT TESTER.. OR if you can NOT DL those Programs goto an ONline port checker and try testing the ports there..

But Before you test the Ports with an ONLINE Port checker Go into the game and create a server like you are Hosting and then ALT Tab out of the game and test port 47624 or 2300-2400.. if port 47624 comes back you should be good on the other 100 ports between 2300 and 2400..

EDIT: You Will need to setup a Static IP on the PC you are Playing TAW on.. You will need to first log into your Router and goto Status in there look for DHCP. In there you should see a Start & End IP of the DHCP or Pool of IP's.. what are they is important because you need to Choose for your Static IP and Number NOT in that range..

So for instance if the Start IP is .50 and the end IP is .100 DO NOT USE .50, .100 or ANYTHING Inbetween.. so you would pick .25 or .150.. Now if you Start IP is .2 and the END IP is .254 Change the end IP to .50. or however many devices you need an IP on your LAN.. Say you ONLY have 5 devices you can pick .2 to .6.. then you have ALL those other IP's available for a STatic.. But if you have friends connect to your LAN Make the number higher...

Once you know the IP you will choose go ahead and setup the Static IP by the Guide on PF.com... Then in the Routers PortForward page put in the required ports and put in the Static IP you just setup for your PC you play TAW on.. Then go Ahead and TEST your Ports..

IF they come back as OPEN You are DONE and Should be able to play Online.. IF they come back as still closed Post here..

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

#10 StarKrust

StarKrust

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH  for the tutorial Nephilin.

I believe i am going to be able to scramble next flight !!!

See you guys on next mission !

PS: I am NOT the same guy Captain Crusty ok  !!!

Must be some of a kind to retro in time telling episodes as that to a superor ranked official like that.
If is a simulation minimum of respect with flexibily is necessary, so i believe includes pretty much the forum.
If you not able to do in real like without facing jail, you must not do online  cause is a simulation.
Maybe create a dettention diciplinar time as an opition to consider for such cases.

Over.

#11 Wombat1940

Wombat1940

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 4,564 posts
  • Interests:Fight Sims, Motorbikes, Grand-children and a favorite Neighbour.

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:56 AM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH  for the tutorial Nephilin.

I believe i am going to be able to scramble next flight !!!

See you guys on next mission !

Welcome. :thumbsup: MP flyin': Thursday 01.00am GMT (Wednesday 8.00pm - Washington D.C. time ......... Thursday 12.00noon - Melbourne time).  We start turning up half hour before the set time.

Custom built PC:Hardware:

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel ® i7 920 2.67Ghz CPU, 8Gb Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 (896Mb mem) video card with Direct X9c, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.

Partitioned HDD:

Software, 1st partition: XP Home SP3 32bit OS  with3.25Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4, nGlide Wrapper 1600x1200 (Gamma Correction 1.2).

Software, 2nd partition: Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit OS with 6Gb available memory running DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

MSI GE60 OND-288AU Notebook:Hardware:

15.6" (16 x 9) 1920 x 1080 HD anti-glare LCD screen, Intel ® Core ™ i7-3630QM 3rd Gen 3630QM Intel Core X64-based CPU, Intel HM76 Chipset with Turbo Drive Engine and Cooler Boost Technology, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory in two slots, NVIDIA Geforce GTX660M 3D Graphics Card with Direct X11, 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics VRAM, 750Gb SATA 7200 rpm HDD, Blue-Ray Optical drive, Saitek X52 joystick (alternatively, MS Sidewinder), Sierra USB Telstra 4G wireless modem (or WiFi in Bali).

Software: Win8.1 64-bit OS with 15.9Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4 Patch, nGlide Wrapper 1920 x 1080 (Gamma Correction 0.7) Res. and DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

#12 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:51 AM

StarCrust if you want I can be on TS if you want to troubleshoot your network..

2095164.png

#13 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:26 PM

StarCrust.

:rofl: Now I know of whom you referred the other night.  I forgot about that post, and never thought of you as "Captain Crusty."  Crusty was just a natural truncation of StarCrust.

So to clarify, if I ever refer to you as "Crusty" in the future, it is your own name and has nothing to do with "the captain."

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
Posted Image

#14 StarKrust

StarKrust

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:53 AM

Oh Thanks HomeFries thank for clarify, and no need apolotize for at all. :rofl: Cheers mate ! :beer:

I believe something I can show for you guys too ! :icon_rock:  

Spoiler

In case not possible see the messege justmake me know.

#15 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

You definitely have some gems there, Crusty.  Do you play Flanker 2.5 often?  I ask because we fly DCS World regularly as well, and you could join us for that and wouldn't even need to forward your ports.

-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#16 Wombat1940

Wombat1940

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 4,564 posts
  • Interests:Fight Sims, Motorbikes, Grand-children and a favorite Neighbour.

Posted 17 January 2014 - 08:35 PM

Oh Thanks HomeFries thank for clarify, and no need apolotize for at all. :rofl: Cheers mate ! :beer:

I believe something I can show for you guys too ! :icon_rock:  

Spoiler

In case not possible see the messege justmake me know.

Nice one SC. I have 5 of the 6.  All but X3.

Custom built PC:Hardware:

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel ® i7 920 2.67Ghz CPU, 8Gb Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 (896Mb mem) video card with Direct X9c, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.

Partitioned HDD:

Software, 1st partition: XP Home SP3 32bit OS  with3.25Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4, nGlide Wrapper 1600x1200 (Gamma Correction 1.2).

Software, 2nd partition: Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit OS with 6Gb available memory running DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

MSI GE60 OND-288AU Notebook:Hardware:

15.6" (16 x 9) 1920 x 1080 HD anti-glare LCD screen, Intel ® Core ™ i7-3630QM 3rd Gen 3630QM Intel Core X64-based CPU, Intel HM76 Chipset with Turbo Drive Engine and Cooler Boost Technology, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory in two slots, NVIDIA Geforce GTX660M 3D Graphics Card with Direct X11, 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics VRAM, 750Gb SATA 7200 rpm HDD, Blue-Ray Optical drive, Saitek X52 joystick (alternatively, MS Sidewinder), Sierra USB Telstra 4G wireless modem (or WiFi in Bali).

Software: Win8.1 64-bit OS with 15.9Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4 Patch, nGlide Wrapper 1920 x 1080 (Gamma Correction 0.7) Res. and DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

#17 StarKrust

StarKrust

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 09:04 PM

what i need for DCs world is a better EX-GPU - external grafic card.

I am gona wait for now and buy a flight system maybe the X55F.

when they release a nvidia tegra k1  based GFx i will uppgrade.

tegra k1  kicks  snapdragon 800 up the hill. !!!!!!!!

ps:  thanks people in case you guys need a original copy of games to data exploration or anything to TAW project just make me know !

#18 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,497 posts

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:43 PM

I run DCSW just fine with a nvidia 660, and ran it in medium settings with a 460, so while a high end GPU would be nice it is by no means necessary.  The other thing is you can practice with Flanker and you'll be ready for the MiG-29 and Su-27/Su-33 when you get to DCSW. :icon_rock:

EDIT: Better yet, get yourself a copy of Lock On (the follow-up to Flanker) and you'll also meet the prerequisites for running Flaming Cliffs 3 in DCS World.  Don't pay much more than $10US for it though.

-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image