Home Fries

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

1,503 posts in this topic

Hey guys, my HOTAS is back online, so I'm once again available for the Wednesday fly-ins.

See you guys tonight; same bat-time, same bat-channel. :thumbsup:

Hey guys, my HOTAS is back online, so I'm once again available for the Wednesday fly-ins.

See you guys tonight; same bat-time, same bat-channel. :thumbsup:

Great HF, :thumbsup: I'll try to make it.

Guys, I won't be able to make it this evening. Bag some MiGs on my behalf!

Total Air War v2.11 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in :D

Let's make tonight a big turn out. :rolleyes:

I will make it this evening. 4-28-2010 :thumbsup:

Total Air War v2.11 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in :D

Let's make tonight a big turn out. :rolleyes:

I will make it this evening. 4-28-2010 :thumbsup:

I will try too to make it this evening. Just checking: you meet at 9.00pm. Please tell me what time it now is in Washington DC so I can synchronize my watch. Its 0117 where I am now.

I will try too to make it this evening. Just checking: you meet at 9.00pm. Please tell me what time it now is in Washington DC so I can synchronize my watch. Its 0117 where I am now.

At the time you wrote the post, it was 1118 Eastern.

At the time you wrote the post, it was 1118 Eastern.

Right ..... thanks ....... you fly at Wed 2100 your time, then I fly Thurs 1100 my time ... sorry just thinking allowed.

Right ..... thanks ....... you fly at Wed 2100 your time, then I fly Thurs 1100 my time ... sorry just thinking allowed.

Just re-read this thread again. Makes so much more sense following this morning's multiplayer flight. There appears to be other pilots around the world who struggle to meet the 2100 Washington time get together. It obviously suits Hawx, Neph, HF and me (Wombat), but I wonder if Nemo in Rome fits better with Australia east coast time (ie my time)?

But I have a lot to learn before exploring that option. Anyway just a thought.

Wombat,

I keep telling people that if our time is inconvenient (as I imagine it is for Europe), then they should organize their own time. I will be happy to announce it, sticky it, and even show up for the first session or sessions to get people up to speed.

The one thing I cannot do is set up the time, because that defeats the purpose of making the time convenient for our friends across the pond (the BIG pond in your case).

Wombat,

The one thing I cannot do is set up the time, because that defeats the purpose of making the time convenient for our friends across the pond (the BIG pond in your case).

No, no, fully agree. Its up to others. The others with the time zone problem. I'm keen (as I think you understand after yesterday) but its down the track for me and won't even be considered until hopefully regular Wed 2100 weekly sessions make me competent. By the way, 6 days, 1 hour and 18 minutes to go ..... ;)

Well if you guys care to pass on a GMT time, that is Greenwich Mean Time date and time and you got yourself a freshman to MP rolling out with you any day of the week.

I might be able to drop dumb bombs and hose targets with the cannon, but don't except any LGB or Maverick trickery without the pause button (I never get happy with the precision if the craft is moving.)

Second sore spot I got is the cannon when up there, hitting an airborne target or rather figuring out the gunsight, I swear that thing is not logical at all, in older games with a more traditional non snakey gunsight it is was easier to align that pipper, but not in TAW.

Past that I think I should do okay, until I get my first R77s up my ass which is bound to happen, sooner or later.

The time is Thursday at 0100Z during Daylight Savings, and 0200Z during Standard time. We'd love to have you, and we're patient when it comes to weapons employment.

The time is Thursday at 0100Z during Daylight Savings, and 0200Z during Standard time. We'd love to have you, and we're patient when it comes to weapons employment.

They have to be patience with me flying with then. I took the side of the hanger out last time looking for the taxiway ,but still banged a couple of AI's flyers on the mission (.................. after respawning :blush: ).

Gees ..... that 1.00am/2.00am flying time is good is it. (Unless you're on shift work....). Maybe I can offer something from Oz Being retired, my time is more flexible. However I'm still on a fast learning curve (Hosting is another thing :huh: ) Get that system running sweetly Sweeper, and stay tuned. :thumbsup:

Well even if it is not running 100% smoothly it should work... But I have been doing the time checkups, 2100 Washington is like 10-11 hours from when I make this post, the problem is... I will be heading for work around that time.

If we bang in a weekend I can pretty much adjust my sleeping schedule to fit any timezone, and hopefully avoid falling asleep at the controls of my Raptor :P

If we bang in a weekend I can pretty much adjust my sleeping schedule to fit any timezone, and hopefully avoid falling asleep at the controls of my Raptor :P

Boys (HF, Neph, Hx). How would this work with you? Maybe I could fly two up with Sweeper? But I think I'm too inexperienced with multiplay, ICQ/Raptr, Teamspeak, etc. at this stage.

Well even if it is not running 100% smoothly it should work... But I have been doing the time checkups, 2100 Washington is like 10-11 hours from when I make this post, the problem is... I will be heading for work around that time.

This weekend might work. Provide a window of time and I'll see what I can do.

Go ahead and post your window using Zulu time so there's no confusion.

Gees ..... that 1.00am/2.00am flying time is good is it. (Unless you're on shift work....). Maybe I can offer something from Oz Being retired, my time is more flexible. However I'm still on a fast learning curve (Hosting is another thing :huh: ) Get that system running sweetly Sweeper, and stay tuned. :thumbsup:

I would be OK to host most any agreed time.

Of course we all need to be compatible

HFs is about to upgrade Total Air War v2.11 to v2.12 Beta 6 any time now. We shall see.

OK it's out now complete with the Nightstalker skin

D/L _212 Beta 6 Comprehensive.zip :thumbsup:

------------------------------------

I found an easy quick way to compare our time spread.

Use this link ---> http://www.google.com/ig?hl=en#max3

Then choose "Date & Time. Move the red marker to the place in the world you want the time.

This is an example of Wombat's time.

wombattime.jpg

Edited by Hawkx

using Zulu time

Zulu time???

:unsure:

From what I gathered Zulu = UTC time, that is basically international time based on an atomic clock.

If precise seconds are not needed (We basically only need accuracy on the hours right?) you can consider Greenwich Mean Time an equal thing.

From there your timezone would be GMT -4 or 5 for the East coast of US, or GMT + 1 for my timezone, now I am not sure how many hours ahead Australia is according to GMT, but that is easy to figure out, in fact your Windows computer clock can tell you that, as it operates on UTC and I think it is like +10.

Anyways, I can make it at any time around 2100 GMT or UTC for anyone it may concern, I was fearing it was 2100 in Washington which places me at a fair disadvantage :P

As for the weekends, I can make any Window at Saturday, but I need some advance notification if it is nighttime UTC as I need to get some sleep first to change my day to match.

From what I gathered Zulu = UTC time, that is basically international time based on an atomic clock.

If precise seconds are not needed (We basically only need accuracy on the hours right?) you can consider Greenwich Mean Time an equal thing.

I just always said Zulu due to my background, but I was referring to GMT.

Anyways, I can make it at any time around 2100 GMT or UTC for anyone it may concern, I was fearing it was 2100 in Washington which places me at a fair disadvantage :P

Actually, the normal fly in time is 2100 Washington DC time.

As for the weekends, I can make any Window at Saturday, but I need some advance notification if it is nighttime UTC as I need to get some sleep first to change my day to match.

We're looking for someone to take the initiative and start a European fly-in. Sounds like you might be the guy. Come up with a time and we can work around it to get you set up.

Start an European? Well how about 1300 GMT / UTC or 1400 just to pick a number? That is daytime for me, but I can go later if required.

Start an European? Well how about 1300 GMT / UTC or 1400 just to pick a number? That is daytime for me, but I can go later if required.

I'll check with Hawkx to see what he is doing. He's wiser than me in these things and also has a flexible timetable.

By-the-way. Do you have FRAPS? It would measure you frame rate in TAW2.0 and its free.

1400 works for me (that means 10am my time, and 7am for Hawkx). It's a good weekend time because it's before the Mrs. wakes up, which also means I can get some flying in before she executes the Plan of the Day.

1400 works for me (that means 10am my time, and 7am for Hawkx). It's a good weekend time because it's before the Mrs. wakes up, which also means I can get some flying in before she executes the Plan of the Day.

Mid-night in Melbourne, but I'm in if needed. 1300 GMT would be easier and I think Hawkx would be flexible for my sake.