Home Fries

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

1,505 posts in this topic

1400 works for me (that means 10am my time, and 7am for Hawkx). It's a good weekend time because it's before the Mrs. wakes up, which also means I can get some flying in before she executes the Plan of the Day.

Mid-night in Melbourne, but I'm in if needed. 1300 GMT would be easier and I think Hawkx would be flexible for my sake.

Mid-night in Melbourne, but I'm in if needed. 1300 GMT would be easier and I think Hawkx would be flexible for my sake.

I can shift an hour as well.

I can shift an hour as well.

Does that mean its go 1300GMT this Saturday? What about Neph. I'm happy to stand aside watch and learn

Does that mean its go 1300GMT this Saturday? What about Neph. I'm happy to stand aside watch and learn

Quit it with the hand wringing, Sweaty Palms! The best way to learn is to jump in and do it.

Besides, with the 10 player missions, there's more than enough room in the pool!

Quit it with the hand wringing, Sweaty Palms! The best way to learn is to jump in and do it.

Besides, with the 10 player missions, there's more than enough room in the pool!

No, no I'm keen to fly .... but I'm just the new chum ...... don't want to stand in the way of the regulars. Don't want anybody forgotten about.

EDIT HF, where that Cougar profile download of yours?

No, no I'm keen to fly .... but I'm just the new chum ...... don't want to stand in the way of the regulars. Don't want anybody forgotten about.

EDIT HF, where that Cougar profile download of yours?

Just for the record, Wombat, you're one of the regulars now.

Also, you already have the latest version of my profile. It's in the \F-22 Total Air War 2.0\!ADP\utilities\Controller_Settings folder.

Heh, I am the newbie, just the guy who seems to develop the love for going in with the cannon and is not shy to use it :P On either air or ground targets...

I am also crazy enough to use LAU-68 rocket pods to down big birds, but haven't had much luck with fighters yet, but that is just a question of leading them properly and avoiding debris.

As for the time, I can go at even earlier than 1300 GMT, but that is totally fine by me... Gives me time to finish my lunch which I suppose eating and going cannon is not adviceable to do at the same time.

Now, who is going to host? I can do it, I just have to know which ports to forward so I can set my weird router network straight.

Heh, I am the newbie .......

........ who is going to host? I can do it, I just have to know which ports to forward so I can set my weird router network straight.

No ...... when, in your last statment you offer to: host ...... mention ports ..... and I've never heard of router made by Weird. ;) Besides, it helps me not feel my age ..... Newbie Wombat I like that. :lol:

If we bang in a weekend I can pretty much adjust my sleeping schedule to fit any timezone, and hopefully avoid falling asleep at the controls of my Raptor :P

My X52 has a MFD that shows , GME time compared to my time on the left coast. (California)

'CMDR Sweeper' Come on down to TeamSpeak.

We welcome new Total Air War v2.11 MPers

We are very strict when it comes to a promise to show up.

WekillforFUN2.jpg

Edited by Hawkx

My X52 has a MFD that shows , GME time compared to my time on the left coast. (California)

We are very strict when it comes to a promise to show up.

I didn't see any conformation of any get together. If that is the normal practice. My understanding, if you are talking about a flight with Sweeper was

1.00pm Saturday for sweeper (1300GMT), which is (I think) 6.00 am Saturday for you , 9.00am Saturday for HF, 11.00pm Saturday for me, and I don't know if Neph was coming. See Sweeper's post #57 above.

I have reserved and set the Teamspeak, it should function too, but alas right now I am off to bed and then work... But for Saturday I will be there at 1300 GMT :P which is 1400 my time as I am in the GMT + 1 timezone.

I have reserved and set the Teamspeak, it should function too, but alas right now I am off to bed and then work... But for Saturday I will be there at 1300 GMT :P which is 1400 my time as I am in the GMT + 1 timezone.

OK. But we really need HF and/or Hawkx and/or Neph. I'm useless, but very happy to tag along.

OK. But we really need HF and/or Hawkx and/or Neph. I'm useless, but very happy to tag along.

Glad to help CMDR Sweeper were I can.

Glad to help CMDR Sweeper were I can.

I'm passing this on as I did not want Wombat1940 to be the only old fart.

Actually, that's most informative. Unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, I've totally lost my sense of smell. However, I will pass this post on to my 4 year old grandson, who thinks farting is a huge joke. But don't we all. However two things I am insisting on: he calls them "pop-offs" (much more ethical) and to not do them when his mother is around. ;)

Hawkx I think you are coming out of the closet. Quote: " ...... I'm passing this on as I did not want Wombat to be the only old fart." Unquote.

Next thing you'll be telling us your age ....... :huh:

Edit: To get back on to thread topic. Do you realize when we both respawned today we did so at different ends of the runway? I saw you fly over me as we both took off. (I expected you to respawn next to me.) Now its one thing to fly up HF's axxx. but to fly down your throat, .....well that's another thing. Take care mate.

So bottom line: are we on for 1300Z or 1400Z tomorrow morning? Should I still set my alarm?

So bottom line: are we on for 1300Z or 1400Z tomorrow morning? Should I still set my alarm?

I'm on for 1300Z or 1400Z tomorrow morning? Set your alarm 'Home Fries' :thumbsup:

Tomorrow is Saturday, Let me see,,, 1300Z is for me - 7 hours = 6:00 AM left coast time.

See you all on TS. Let's have a good turn out.:icon_salute3:

The more the marrier :rolleyes:

We have missions set up for as many as ten players.

Things to check before;

1, Run your set up. Volume, mic check, TS; check that you are in "Modern Jets" ch.

2, Fly Total Air War v2.11 on your own 1st. It loads faster the 2nd time.

3, Run GME. Install your needed selections for compatibility, then for your preferences.

4, Get & know your host's IP. Copy IP in a notepad.

Be ready to paste it into the MP join box.

If we crash you can refer back to the notepad without asking for the IP again.

If you need help with anything, ask before we meet.

The fly in is for flying, not for a setup walk through.

Of course,, help will be there. There is time to get set up before. Please use it.

Alright, what type of mods do I need loaded in the GME if any?

Game runs smoothly on my end, as for quick startup... Well mine starts up fast regardless, helps to have it on a SSD.

Just have Beta 6 installed, and you should be good to go.

BTW, if anybody else shows up who doesn't have beta 6, I'll provide a link to download the missions.

Just have Beta 6 installed, and you should be good to go.

BTW, if anybody else shows up who doesn't have beta 6, I'll provide a link to download the missions.

HI all. Just got in from the airport, and now TSing with Neph and Hawkx. Our understanding is that the Multiplay flight is for:

Hawkx: Saturday, 0600.

Home Fries: Saturday: 0900.

Neph: Saturday, 0900 if he can wake up (his words not mine, ;) )

Sweeper: Saturday, 1300.

Wombat: Saturday, 2300

Hope this is a fair , correct summary of all posts so far.

TS/ICQ/Post me if a problem.

Wombat, Mess Major (Latrines) :thumbsup:

Thank you for the battle we had even though I got dinner in the middle of it.

I suppose if we bumped it up a few hours earlier for those longer missions I can avoid dinner spoiling it the next time.

Anyways, I am eagerly awaiting the next run in the air and I hope I get to test out the gun in multiplayer on some unsuspecting Flanker :P

Can't go too much earlier; it was 6am for Hawkx.

I had a great time as well. I look forward to flying with you in the future. Perhaps dinner could be a bit later next time. ;)

I had a great time as well. I look forward to flying with you in the future. Perhaps dinner could be a bit later next time. ;)

My understanding for the corrected times are :

GMT: Saturday, 1300

which is:

Hawkx: Saturday, 0600.

Home Fries: Saturday: 0900.

Neph: Saturday, 0900

Sweeper: Saturday, 1400.

Wombat: Saturday, 2300

Next time I'm going to "dump my load"out somewhere, so please stay out of from under my underbelly ;) .

I am just glad we had a good turn out. If you all want to bump up the time a hour,, OK with the Hawkx'str.

That would be 1200 GMT & 5 AM for me on the left coast.

Any time to keep CMDR Sweeper at the controls. :rolleyes:

I know how hard it is to tell the little woman you are busy,, when dinner is getting cold. :popcornsmilie:

Ok well, thank the sim for autopilot. That's 1st.:ph43r:

I look forward to flying with CMDR Sweeper in the future. :thumbsup:

Edited by Hawkx

I am just glad we had a good turn out. If you all want to bump up the time a hour,, OK with the Hawkx'str.

That would be 1200 GMT & 5 AM for me on the left coast.

Any time to keep CMDR Sweeper at the controls. :rolleyes:

I look forward to flying with CMDR Sweeper in the future. :thumbsup:

So does that mean:

GMT: Saturday, 1200

which is:

Hawkx: Saturday, 0500.

Home Fries: Saturday: 0800.

Neph: Saturday, 0800

Sweeper: Saturday, 1300. (Still a bit uncertain if this is correct ......)

Wombat: Saturday, 2200

Please confirm:

Wombat: Confirmed

Hawkx: Confirmed

Sweeper: ?

Neph: ?

HF: ?

I think it is understood we won't all be there ever time. Just some there sometimes.

Wombat: out

If we get underway at 1200 GMT I got a 2 hour window usually.

I could run later than that, or change my sleep pattern, but yeah, lets give it a 2nd shot, if dinner farks it up again then we go for one of the more friendly timezones for the others and I change my sleeping pattern :D

For me 1200 GMT would equal 1300 GMT.

EDIT:

When I am thinking about it, I can actually make two runs at ANY time this week.

We got Saturday and since Thursday which is a workday for me normally is a holliday this week, well that means I can on Wednesday and Thursday make any time you guys set up, I just got to know it by Tuesday the latest as I would have to change my sleeping pattern like I said :D

If I don't do that, I will have a hard time keeping the Raptor on a leash and under control... Hard to fly a F-22 when sleeping :S