Home Fries

Total Air War v2.0 Weekly Multiplayer Fly-in (Cancelled UFN)

1,505 posts in this topic

I won't be able to make this evening's multi-play. Have to attend an after work business affair that I just found out about. Sorry about that. I'll see if anyone is on raptr this weekend for a quick flight.

Again, my apologies for this evening.

Skeeter

You better be ready for this weekend, Skeeter. The SimHQ Fly-in starts Friday evening! :dancinguy:

Oh that's right! Forgot that. I do need to get some A-10A time.

Skeeter

NP SKeeter have fun

Just FYI--I won't make the Saturday multiplay. In HF's territory (VA) for a wedding. The nerve to interfere with my flying!

Skeeter

Just as long as there was an open bar, you have a legitimate excuse! ;)

So how was the wedding, and how were my old stomping grounds?

Just as long as there was an open bar, you have a legitimate excuse! ;)

So how was the wedding, and how were my old stomping grounds?

Yep, open bar! :beer2: I made sure the bar tenders never felt lonely. :) The wedding was great and Newport News is a very nice area. Thanks.

Skeeter

I'm guessing you didn't make it out to the Beach. No big deal if you weren't there for long, but you won't be at a loss for watching Hornets if you do make the trek.

At least in NN you can see the fighters from Langley fly over. If you're lucky you can catch F-22s.

Hi everyone, I'd be glad to join your european multiplayer sessions, I live in Rome too, although I come from Colombia. BTW I'm rather a newbie in multiplayer games, I think I'll be an easy prey in dogfights ;)

Did I get it right? Is here the place to gather for a multiplayer? I'm in. When's the next party? I graduated training missions :) well, I skipped "Altitude Monkey" as I can't shot down more than 1 enemy: he forces me follow him down and his friends have me for dinner. I just started an SP campaign but SP is no fun. Rookie with a $5 joystick.

This week I'm available from 06:00 - 10:00 GMT.

Yes you're right with finding new allies here :)

Well, I always tried the standard main campaign missions but everytime I got out of fuel when I had to fly those routes - I don't know how you were supposed to do that. xD

Yes you're right with finding new allies here :)

Well, I always tried the standard main campaign missions but everytime I got out of fuel when I had to fly those routes - I don't know how you were supposed to do that. xD

I've only tried the one on Sudanese enemy teritory, departing from either Eritrea or Ethiopia (2nd or 3rd...). I never needed to refuel on default routes. But do you use AB? Cause you shouldn't as (per a post in this forum I can't remember, by Krycztij) AB fuel flow is 10x the regular flow.

If it still happens, you should have AWACS on the field; push 2 or 3, AWACS, where is a tanker, for air refueling, if you're up to it ;)

I still need to learn what certain values mean and stuff and I still need to learn how to stay in formation as it's a pain to "track" left/right and keep the same direction, I either find myself getting further or closer. I never played MP. I tried with jets/planes from other flights in SP.

Do you want to try a MP if you haven't so far? When do you have time to fly?

Hm that could be the case. It was years ago when I tried to play the campaign missions. (original F22 ADF) I also remember that there wasn't a tanker plane near. I really don't know what stupid stuff I did - maybe really it was the after burner. :D

I currently don't have the game installed and never really played MP, but we can try if I find my joystick ^^

Which time zone are you at? Mine is (UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm, Wien.

I live in Romania, Bucharest, UTC+03:00. I hope you found your joystick. And the game. And maybe more ppl will gather this weekend. I'm looking forward to it.

Fellas,

A while ago we tried a European fly-in time, but cancelled it due to a lack of continued interest. If you guys come up with a regular time, I'll include this time in the original post, and one of us old-school guys can probably help you out with port forwarding, et al.

I personally thank you, Home Fries.

I made an account on SimHQ and waiting for approval and I installed TeamSpeak 3. I'd love to play along with "the elders" :P Problem is the hour 03:00 AM... not necessarily about me but err.. I'm married. I hope you understand. At least Krycztij :D

And I never played MP before so I'm afraid not to hold you back, although I could benefit from more experienced pilots. Maybe meanwhile I get my feet wet with SeriousToni (what do you say, Toni?)

Offtopic:

When will I be able to like posts?

Don't worry about holding us back; we've cancelled our weekly fly-in due to lack of interest. You guys come up with a time you want, and I'll set up the particulars in the first post. This is all about you guys now!

Offtopic:

When will I be able to like posts?

Been here for four years and still can't "like" anything :) Should we tell the admin(s)?

2 people like this

How did you manage to like this? Whenever I try to "like" something, I just get an error saying "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day" …

I'm not sure. I just did it to pull your chain. :rofl:

Wow it is insane where all over the world, nice people play this awesome game! :)

So it is only 1 hour later to you it seems. (At 9 PM you have 10PM). I would definately like to play with you but I'm very noobish :D

I can only play over the week normally at 9 PM o'clock until 11 PM on my time zone in Germany. Would that be possible or is this too late?

I'm available 16:00 - 20:00 UTC. Preferrably. I really can't past 20:00 but I could arrange earlier or go with some 06:00 - 09:00 UTC/GMT.

Wait, now we talking about UTC? So with that when it is 21:00 in Germany UTC+1 it is 18:00 UTC normally, which would be fine for me.