1457 replies to this topic

#1 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 11:55 PM

We meet on Teamspeak 3 at 00:00:00 GMT Thursdays (20:00 Wednesday EDT). Click ther link for a conversion to your local time.

We will mostly be flying the ADF/RSO Co-op missions, though we still do some TAW Coop and Head-to-Head missions.

Teamspeak 3 Server real-time details:
1024344.png

Server Login Details (must have a SimHQ forum login to access this page; if you do not have a SimHQ account, you can follow the instructions on SimHQ for creating one.)

We meet in the F22 Total Air War channel (under Air Combat).

You can download Teamspeak 3 for free at http://www.teamspeak.com/.

If you need assistance, here are SimHQ's detailed instructions on installing and setting up your Teamspeak 3 Client.

Please have the latest version of Total Air War 2.0 installed, and ensure that your microphone is working prior to joining the channel. We require people to use voice comms to participate in the fly-ins in order to promote coordination and to deter TKers and griefers.

You will also need to forward the following ports in your router: TCP 2234,2300-2400, 47624, UDP 2300-2400, and allow _f22.exe and f22.dat access through your firewall. If you need instructions, go to portforward.com, find your router model, then select "Janes F/A-18" for your instructions (TAW uses the same ports). If you require further assistance in getting your configuration (voice or TAW port forwarding/firewall) up to speed, please show up about 30 minutes early; someone is likely available to help you out.

We want you to fly with us; there are still some 8 and 10 player missions we really want to test out!

Please post if you are interested, so we know how many to expect, or just show up and surprise us.

See you in the not-so-friendly skies!

Edited by Home Fries, 26 April 2014 - 12:55 AM.
Updated for 2014 Daylight Savings Time

-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#2 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
  • Interests:Home Frie's latest release of Total Air War v 2.2
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    Including EF2000 (PC) - 1995
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:13 AM

I could be available anytime after sunset on any evening we want to meet up.

I feel MP testing is the key to finding out just how TAW works.
TAW reacts in mysterious ways,,, not always the same in SP compared to MP.
The better we can get TAW to work, before v1.53,, the more we can attract new participants to fly with us.

My considerations;
1, I'm available anytime after sunset. (In summer on the left coast,, the sun shines right on my screen.)
2, Now that I have a girlfriend,, I need future notice of a test MP meet up,, or I will be at her house.
Neph & I use ICQ for possible MP meet up times.
3, I like to use the "Respawn" thing, so the mission will not just send me to "SmartView".

Posted Image
I have my own psycho girlfriend"SmartView".

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

2, Now that I have a girlfriend,, I need future notice of a test MP meet up,, or I will be at her house.

Go Hawkx! It's your birthday!
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
Posted Image

#4 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:18 AM

Go Hawkx!

I think I've got that TAW 2008 Dev Net thing now :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Hawkx
Posted Image

#5 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 11:48 PM

We hosted a multiplayer event on the SimHQ teamspeak server last night.

Once again, we had a great time, beat up the bad guys, and sometimes even lived to tell the tale.

Look to have even more participation next week!
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#6 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 27 June 2009 - 09:45 AM

Fun, fun for thoes who came to multiplayer event on the SimHQ teamspeak server last night.
:icon_salute3:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:01 PM

We hosted a multiplayer event on the SimHQ teamspeak server last night.

Once again, we had a great time, beat up the bad guys, and sometimes even lived to tell the tale.

Look to have even more participation next week!

This week we look to have even more participation.
I'm loged- in to SimHQ teamspeak server 6:57 PT.
I'm still all alone in channel Total Air War 2008
'Home Fries' where are you?
Nephilim the fly-in is tonight not Saterday
Posted Image

#8 Hawkx

Hawkx

Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts
    All DID's Flight Sims.
    F/A 18, EE1 & 2

Posted 10 July 2009 - 08:08 AM

Cancel

Edited by Hawkx, 10 August 2010 - 05:57 PM.

Posted Image

#9 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 10 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

I have been waiting All week will Not miss this one ;)

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#10 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 03:02 AM

Participation keeps getting better and better. We had three continents represented this evening for six hours of gaming goodness!
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#11 Nemo

Nemo

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:me, myself and I

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:31 AM

We will meet on Teamspeak at 7PM Pacific/10PM Eastern.

HF, pacific time is related to west coast (Los Angeles, San Francisco and so on...), correct me if wrong;
that means 9 hours before my time... :unsure:

So 4:00 am for me.... Sbonk! <_<

...really hard for me wake up on 4 o'clock, I'm really a bad pilot during the day, imagine on 4 o'clock :rolleyes:

BTW one of these days I will show up and surprise you all...

:thumbsup:

Nemo

#12 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:05 AM

HF, pacific time is related to west coast (Los Angeles, San Francisco and so on...), correct me if wrong;
that means 9 hours before my time... :unsure:

So 4:00 am for me.... Sbonk! <_<

...really hard for me wake up on 4 o'clock, I'm really a bad pilot during the day, imagine on 4 o'clock :rolleyes:

BTW one of these days I will show up and surprise you all...

:thumbsup:

Nemo

As much as we would love to have you join us, I completely understand the time difference and the difficulty in joining. There has been similar observations from others in Europe who would like to fly multiplayer as well.

I recommend starting your own weekly fly-in. Come up with a date and time, and I will help you get the word out.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#13 mlracing

mlracing

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 12:21 AM

[7PM Pacific/10PM Eastern Friday night] is no problem for me. it will be midday Saturday here.

#14 Nemo

Nemo

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 05:13 AM

[7PM Pacific/10PM Eastern Friday night] is no problem for me. it will be midday Saturday here.

Ok, it's time to think about moving my home from Rome to Los Angeles!!
Is there a job for a skilled WAN manager?

:rofl:

BTW I think I'm not the only european "pilot" here... so the question is:
"Dear european collegues do you have plan for multiplayer session? Yes/No/When?"

Is the case of opening a new topic like " Total Air War 2008 v1.53 Weekly European Multiplayer Fly-in"?

Byez

Nemo

#15 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:21 AM

"Dear european collegues do you have plan for multiplayer session? Yes/No/When?"

Is the case of opening a new topic like " Total Air War 2008 v1.53 Weekly European Multiplayer Fly-in"?

Byez

Nemo

Nemo,

As great as TAW is in multiplayer, it isn't worth leaving Rome for! I have to say that was one of my favorite places to visit.

Your best bet is definitely the European fly-in. If you don't get consensus in this thread within a week, just take the lead, come up with a time and make an announcment. I will be happy to pin the thread for you.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#16 mlracing

mlracing

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 10:01 AM

if the European pilots fly at their daytime, i may be able to join too. my time is about 6 hours ahead of Rome.

#17 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:30 PM

All,

Since the SimHQ Teamspeak server is still down, we will be conducting our fly-ins on my server until further notice.

My Teamspeak server is at <removed>

I have forwarded the proper ports; you do not require Hamachi to see the server.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#18 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

All,

The SimHQ server is back up. Please see the first post for details.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#19 frankilvandalo

frankilvandalo

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 10:34 AM

Byez

Nemo

Hey Nemo I am from Italy too, but I live in Ireland so the time-shift would be one hour only ... we should definitely organize a weekly fly in with TAW.

Ciao !

Frankilvandalo
"Honey I forgot to duck !"

- Ronald Reagan (March 1981)

#20 Nemo

Nemo

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:45 AM

Hey Nemo I am from Italy too, but I live in Ireland so the time-shift would be one hour only ... we should definitely organize a weekly fly in with TAW.

Ciao !

Frankilvandalo

Hola Frankilvandalo, you have my contacts (via PM), let's try this session asap!!

Ciao ciao

Nemo