Home Fries

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

701 posts in this topic

Putting the record straight ;) ... I tried out f22's supposed compressed version of TAW 2.0 (which Neph mentioned triggered a red flag on his AV, which I confirmed was probably a false positive) and realized that this 7MB version had no sound, no speech, and no hw accel, and might have just been a severely anorexic extracted version of TAW.

I'd have to say too that f22's has some gall to attempt reporting HF for supposed copyright infringement (which yeah, technically it might) while he himself should be guilty of the same.

Anyway, just ranting coz I haven't been around for a couple of weeks and seeing some joke-off acting all righteous and high and mighty just got on my nerves.

Oh and btw... the D in C&D means 'desist' not 'DETEST'...

EDIT:

Hey... whatever happened to previous posts? Now I look like an idiot ranting... DOH!!! :banghead:

Hey... whatever happened to previous posts? Now I look like an idiot ranting... DOH!!! :banghead:

No worries, KoiMaxx. We deleted the only rants in the thread.

hi guys

sorry to be a noob. but where can i download taw 2 and others patches from... sorry again but pls help.

Thanks in advance

sAAd

I stumbled across this web site (GREAT!!!) and I'm also wondering; where can I find/download/buy the software (TAW 2)????

Please help.

I stumbled across this web site (GREAT!!!) and I'm also wondering; where can I find/download/buy the software (TAW 2)????

Please help.

Thanks, guys for the attention.

We were victims of an attack, and as such downloads have been suspended.

Will you let us know when the downloads are available again?

Thanks again!

Does that have anything to do with the previous issue of hotlinking downloads? :grrr:

F-22 Total Air War 2.02

Note: Total Air War 2.0 has been re-baselined to v2.01 in order to fix a minor issue when configuring TAW Battle Commander. TAW 2.00 users need to re-install using the TAW 2.01 link below (be sure to back up your players.lst file), then patch to 2.02.

All future updates will also be based on TAW 2.01.

Description:

F-22 Total Air War 2.0 (TAW 2.0)
is a total conversion of
F-22 Total Air War (TAW)
, which also includes the campaigns from
F-22 Air Dominance Fighter (ADF)
and the
Red Sea Operations (RSO)
expansion disc. TAW 2.0 is the follow-on to Total Air War 2008. The goal of TAW 2.0 is to provide a simulation experience that equals or surpasses your fond memories with the original ADF and TAW.

Total Air War 2.0 Features:

• New photorealistic terrain and new color palettes completely redefine the look of TAW
  • Mod Management, Configuration, References, and the Mission Editor (TAWBC) are all accessible from a single integrated menu
  • Configuration now allows you to choose your renderer, resolution, and Glide wrapper (if applicable) from the menu
  • Increased integration with TAW Battle Commander (TAWBC) provides mission titles for your generated missions within the TAW mission menus
  • TAWBC Mission Enhancer (TME) Utility allows you to automatically enhance your TAWBC missions
  • Enhanced Avionics functionality
  • Ability to change between NVGs and natural light while zoomed into an MFD (Windows XP and later)
  • East/West palettes with Glide renderer allow for more natural light transitions during morning and twilight hours
  • Campaign Weapons Descriptions are now available
  • Formation lighting for night F-22 skins
  • "Nostalgia Mod" brings the graphics, sounds, and HUD/Cockpit back to 1998 standards.

Features carried over from Total Air War 2008
  • 30 custom missions
  • 3 custom campaigns, 28 missions
  • Full Air Dominance Fighter (ADF) campaigns, 29 missions (Now also available in multiplayer)
  • Full Red Sea Operations (RSO) campaigns, 36 missions (Now also available in multiplayer)
  • Additional multiplayer missions, including three new head to head scenarios
  • Integration of TAW Battle Commander (TAWBC). Now you can fly dynamic missions without having to overwrite other mission slots
  • New HUD (Improved and made more realistic)
  • Cloud enhancement
  • Improved Level of Detail
  • Incorporated Head-Tracking (TrackIR and Freetrack)
  • Improved/corrected MFDs
  • added training ACMIs
  • Removed "WIDE" cue from D3D-1024 executable
  • Improved realistic Moon and Sun sizes
  • Replaced default Saudi, Egyptian, and USAF skins with photorealistic skins
  • Added selectable photorealistic F-22 skins, to include YF-22 skins, a photorealistic USAF Woodland skin, and a USAF Desert skin
  • Incorporated additional Tail Flashes:
    o 49th FW, Holloman AFB (HO)
    o 154th Wing, Hickam AFB (HH)
    o 185th FW, Sioux Gateway Airport, Iowa (HA)
    o 138th FW, Tulsa IAP (OK)
    o 3rd Wing, Elmendorf AFB (AK)
  • Made minor grammatical and formatting changes to some of the mission and campaign briefings
  • Added Desert Flightsuit textures and improved in-cockpit textures
  • Improved MIDI support for Windows XP and more recent operating systems
  • Miscellaneous minor fixes and improvements

Links suspended until further notice

Updated 01OCT09:
I've received reports of some Antivirus programs calling out a virus in NVGTool.exe. In particular, Trend Micro OfficeScan detects "PAK_Generic.001 in NVGTool.exe."

Any virus alerts are false positives.
NVGTool accesses memory registers and intercepts data. This is what allows you to cycle NVGs while zoomed into a MFD. It was built using Game Trainer Studio 1.6, which may trip some antiviruses.

If you choose not to run NVGTool (for those of you who just don't want to take any chances), you may select one of the "NVG Tool Disabled" options when prompted by the installer.

Updated 01OCT09: Video Playback

The installer provides two options for video playback; a 720p High Definition version of the video you see above, or a near-DVD quality 720x410 video playback option. The 720p version of the video requires decent hardware (the 720p video struggles on a Pentium 4 - 1.5GHz), but is the highest quality video (you can even watch it on your HDTV for a real kick!).

Either way, you will still need to download the appropriate video separately. This was done to keep the installer size to a minimum. Press "Play" on the main menu, and you will be prompted to download the video from the appropriate link. The menu will then walk you through copying the video to your TAW 2.0 folder.

If you have any problems, please consult the
TAW 2.0 Manual Addendum
and the

Please post any new issues in the

Lastly, you can share your TAWBC missions in the following dropbox:

I encourage everybody to share their missions this way.

ok now where is the download link to the 2.02 patch?

Please read 4 posts UP^^ :thumbsup:

Hello, I'm new here.

I found about your new version of F22 / Total Air War only a few days ago. I realize it's offline, I understand why (even if I don't have any details) but I'd like to know if you guys plan to put it back online someday...

It's very very frustrating : I played TAW a lot, but not since I bought a new computer and began using XP a few years ago. I never managed to use it under XP. And now, I find out about F22/TAW 2.02, and realize that's it's not available...

If I kow that's it's going to be back, then I'll be about to wait (not too long I hope...)

Hi...

I need the game... F-22 Total Air War 2.02 please. in DD MegaUpload

The game is excelent.

THX

This is Home Fries' post on the matter:

This is Home Fries' post on the matter:

Yes, I think we all saw that. But nobody said when the files would be back online...

In fact, nobody said if the files would ever be back online...

Yes, I think we all saw that. But nobody said when the files would be back online...

In fact, nobody said if the files would ever be back online...

If I had a timetable, I would post it. Unfortunately, I don't have a timetable right now. Best I can say is I hope to have this stuff back online by Christmas.

If I had a timetable, I would post it. Unfortunately, I don't have a timetable right now. Best I can say is I hope to have this stuff back online by Christmas.

That's the answer I was hoping for !!! Thanks !

Yesterday I did'nt know if I would ever be able to get the game, now I know that it will be back online soon... I didn't want to have an exact timetable, I just wanted to be sure that someone was taking care of whatever needed to be taken care of...

Hi guys ,

i need help here .. please help me ..

i newly bought my laptop , i try updated everything including graphic cards but i still unable to pilot F22

I have downloaded F22 TAW , i believe its an old version..

I entered the menu page for a while and it jumped out DID.DAT file is not working

Im runing on Win Vista 32 bit, i cant see where is the problem and i cant find the patch for it ..

Do i need to download the latest ver. ? which is 2.02 ?? and where can i download ?

I´m having problems with the zip file downloaded 4 times from filefactory (I can´t extract the installer) and the filesavr link doesn´t work.

I´m having problems with the zip file downloaded 4 times from filefactory (I can´t extract the installer) and the filesavr link doesn´t work.

Thanks for the heads-up.

The filesavr link has been historically unreliable, but was a stopgap until my other mirrors come online. I'll look into the filefront installer.

The FileFront link has been fixed. Apologies for the inconvenience.