Home Fries

F-22 Total Air War 2.30 (Final) Released

701 posts in this topic

This is a full download

You don't need the original game.

It works fine with windows 7.

hi there,

this is an amazing work!! thx much!

i wonder if it might be possible to amend EF2000 with an "glide option" like in TAW2.10?

again your work is much appreciated! i started with TFX in "the good old days" years ago and switched to EF2000, ADF, TAW. F4AF, LockON and DCS.

cheers desmo

i wonder if it might be possible to amend EF2000 with an "glide option" like in TAW2.10?

Thanks for the kind words, desmo.

Unfortunately with EF2000, the "Glide" version wasn't written in Glide, but instead made direct calls to the 3DFX hardware, so using a Glide wrapper is impossible. Likewise, the 3D accelerated version(s) only worked in DOS mode.

Without getting hold of the EF2000/TAW source code, the best bet would be to bring the Scandanavia theater into TAW and fly in that theater with the F-22, but this would likely also require re-writing the campaign. Some guys smarter than I are converting the 3D objects, and hopefully the terrain will follow. Just don't hold your breath.

2500dload.png

Just incredible. Must give you a great feeling. Well done to you and the rest. :thumbsup:

Here I am again to personally thank you for your great work.

imo the download count is meaningless. 2500 is nothing for such a great mod. I'm sure if it was widely known you would easily get 250k downloads.

Also, I would like to donate so you can keep with your great effort.

Hi

Thanks for breathing new life into TAW, great job.

Hope my old TM's still work :)).

Jase.

Hello All

I am newbie here, thanks for posting such a wonderful game.. i was searching for this from years at last I found here. Downloaded older version but didn't work on my XP, hope this would again make me enjoy this game.

Thanks a lot to who kept this game alive till now...

Hi Baaz,

Welcome to the forum. You'll find that TAW 2.0 will run on everything from Win98 to Win7.

HF's

As a tester of Total Air War v2.10,,

I have had CTD on several occasions.

No problem,, except one time when Neph & I were on this MP mission. :blink:

mission-2.jpg

This is just one example of my "Program fault" messages.

tawfault.jpg

WOW,, HF's,,, you and your new release of Total Air War v2.10 is a wonder :thumbsup:

Thanks for all your great work. :icon_bow:

2logincopy.jpg

menu

1menu-1.jpg

Hi all,

I just found out about TAW 2.0 and was most pleased to find someone doing this. TAW is still a game all these years later I STILL play often especially being it runs on older machines like an old laptop I have that goes with me when I am in the V.A. hospital for treatment. 47 years old and sitting in the VA is very boring so having something that actually runs on that old thing and gives me something to do is great. Have no idea if the newer version will work fine on it but definitely want to try.

Anyhow, the one problem I have is that I am stuck with a dialup connection that is intermittent. Every time I try to download from the filefront servers I get disconnected. The other address will not start at all for download.

Is it possible to place the file some other location for me to try downloading? I need something that will support a downloader like DAP because with all the disconnects I need to be able to resume every time I loose connection on this dam thing. Filefront does not work with DAP for resume.

Thanks

Hi all,

I just found out about TAW 2.0 and was most pleased to find someone doing this. TAW is still a game all these years later I STILL play often especially being it runs on older machines like an old laptop I have that goes with me when I am in the V.A. hospital for treatment. 47 years old and sitting in the VA is very boring so having something that actually runs on that old thing and gives me something to do is great. Have no idea if the newer version will work fine on it but definitely want to try.

Anyhow, the one problem I have is that I am stuck with a dialup connection that is intermittent. Every time I try to download from the filefront servers I get disconnected. The other address will not start at all for download.

Is it possible to place the file some other location for me to try downloading? I need something that will support a downloader like DAP because with all the disconnects I need to be able to resume every time I loose connection on this dam thing. Filefront does not work with DAP for resume.

Thanks

Come on guys there must be something that can be done. Can we burn it to a DVD and post it to him? If that's possible, I'm prepared to to sent it from OZ, blow the expence.

Come on guys there must be something that can be done. Can we burn it to a DVD and post it to him? If that's possible, I'm prepared to to sent it from OZ, blow the expence.

I appreciate the offer! If someone does do a DVD, I would be happy to send a little money for postage/shipping if needed. I have a few other files I could use that are also a bit large so we could fill the DVD possibly to make it worthwhile instead of wasting all that space.

But if someone can get it posted someplace my connection will work with, I can do it that way to.. definitely need patience but as long as it handles resume I can usually get smaller files under 300 meg if I really want or need to.

Thanks again..

I appreciate the offer! If someone does do a DVD, I would be happy to send a little money for postage/shipping if needed. I have a few other files I could use that are also a bit large so we could fill the DVD possibly to make it worthwhile instead of wasting all that space.

But if someone can get it posted someplace my connection will work with, I can do it that way to.. definitely need patience but as long as it handles resume I can usually get smaller files under 300 meg if I really want or need to.

Thanks again..

No worries mate .... lets get Easter behind us (all the regular boys should be back then) and we'll get it fixed up one way or another. By-the-way I have an "old" Notebook (see species below) and it plays like a charm on that. Providing I use the A for Auto button all the time ...... ;)

Malakie,

I recommend using a download manager such as Getright to download TAW. I'm sure just about any download manager will do, but I've used getright since the late 90s (when I was on dial-up) and It has great error correction/resume functions. With dial-up. you should be able to complete the 200Mb download overnight; just make sure you allow your download manager to auto-resume. Regardless of how long it takes, it will still take less time than putting together and mailing a CD.

Getright is shareware, but IIRC the unregistered features aren't nerfed, so you should be able to use it without paying the $20.

BTW, thanks for your service.

Malakie,

I recommend using a download manager such as Getright to download TAW. I'm sure just about any download manager will do, but I've used getright since the late 90s (when I was on dial-up) and It has great error correction/resume functions. With dial-up. you should be able to complete the 200Mb download overnight; just make sure you allow your download manager to auto-resume. Regardless of how long it takes, it will still take less time than putting together and mailing a CD.

Getright is shareware, but IIRC the unregistered features aren't nerfed, so you should be able to use it without paying the $20.

Thanks HF. You're a gem. Good luck Malakie ..... keep in touch ..... :thumbsup:

Malakie,

I have tried DAP, Download Accelerator. It works also except for some web sites where they do not let utilities like that work because of the number of connections they open. Some sites do allow it, others do not and so far it seems Filefront does not since it aborts the download every time I try.

I can give GetRight a try but it works about the same as DAP right?

BTW, thanks for the comment about serving. It helps especially while dealing with V.A. problems and the amazing hassle we have to deal with. As a side note just to give you an idea, while I am dealing with medical and claims and so forth, I am getting a little under $1000 a month TOTAL to try and live on... People think what we go through while active duty is bad? Heck, what we are going through now at home is worse if you ask me - for those of us with service connected injuries and medical needs things are really hard for many vets. Sadly if you ask any of us to serve again we would do so without hesitation to protect our families, our country and our way of life. Someday maybe things will get better. All I can ask for is that people remember those out there that need help and support. Memorial day is coming... if people would pick one veteran in need to help on that day or even say thanks to a Veteran, it would have a great impact on those of us out here. We make up a very small part of the population overall yet we represent the highest number of homeless and suicides AND those living under the poverty level.

Ah well, enough of my ranting.. time to fly some in Falcon 4 Allied Force. In the mood to bomb something.. :-)

BTW, I noticed your signature... were YOU a NAAAVAL AVIAAATOR? *grin* Your sig is so right on about Navy flyers - even the helo jocks. We do have something in common if so. I was U.S. Navy. Started on destroyers then into special operations. Now 46 and retired from that career and a civilian law enforcement career just about 2 years ago because of injury serving.

Anyhow, if you were then the thanks goes to you as well for serving..

I have tried DAP, Download Accelerator. It works also except for some web sites where they do not let utilities like that work because of the number of connections they open. Some sites do allow it, others do not and so far it seems Filefront does not since it aborts the download every time I try.

I can give GetRight a try but it works about the same as DAP right?

I'm sure it does, so Filefront may not be the best option. Give the FTP Manila site a try; I don't believe there are any restrictions for download managers there.

BTW, I noticed your signature... were YOU a NAAAVAL AVIAAATOR? *grin* Your sig is so right on about Navy flyers - even the helo jocks. We do have something in common if so. I was U.S. Navy. Started on destroyers then into special operations. Now 46 and retired from that career and a civilian law enforcement career just about 2 years ago because of injury serving.

Anyhow, if you were then the thanks goes to you as well for serving..

I was a NFO for 9 years, although you need not thank me; I had a comparatively easy time on active duty than yourself by the sound of things. Worst thing that happened to me was a torn ACL from slipping while running in the rain.

BTW, I recently read your post regarding MP Falcon 4 servers. You should give Multiviper a try for some online goodness, although you will probably need broadband to connect with all of the aircraft that fly on that server.

I'm sure it does, so Filefront may not be the best option. Give the FTP Manila site a try; I don't believe there are any restrictions for download managers there.

I was a NFO for 9 years, although you need not thank me; I had a comparatively easy time on active duty than yourself by the sound of things. Worst thing that happened to me was a torn ACL from slipping while running in the rain.

BTW, I recently read your post regarding MP Falcon 4 servers. You should give Multiviper a try for some online goodness, although you will probably need broadband to connect with all of the aircraft that fly on that server.

Anyone who has served deserves thanks as long as it was done honorably.. no dishonorable discharges etc.. Does not matter if someone saw combat or not, serving is not something the majority in this country has done so anyone who gives up part of their life to protect this country and our way of life deserves thanks.

I kept trying that manila FTP address but I cannot seem to connect to it thus why I was trying FileFront... File Fronts support says it should work but it does not.

BUT some good news.. I did a google search because sometimes people will post files on their own sites etc... I found it on a bittorrent site! And I have to say, for dialup users with issues, THIS is the way to go.. With all the dropped connections etc, Bittorrent is plugging away on the download and is not aborting the attempt.. it just resends bad data until good data arrives and then continues on.

Seeing how easy it is to use and in fact how much FASTER the download is compared to standard modem downloads, I think sites like CombatSim and others SHOULD start a bittorrent server for downloads... Now if more people would contribute to the bittorrent servers for stuff like this more of us like me could probably eventually get downloads completed!

Actually, the torrent was started by us, and would have been my next recommendation. I just prefer direct downloads because I can maintain more control and I can track the number of downloads in order to make the cool patch you can see at the top of the thread.

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Just keep an eye out for 2.11. Don't worry; it will be a patch rather than a full download. The timeframe is a bit sketchy, though; there are a few more things I'd like to do with the build, and right now my free time is being sucked away by Flaming Cliffs 2!

Thanks again..

Hi Malakie,

Contact me through a PM Ill be glad to help you out..

................ sucked away by Flaming Cliffs 2!

Flaming Cliffs 2!!!!!!! :o . No .... no response please otherwise this thread will be highjacked. ;) I'll go and have a look ..... but HF please remember where your loyalty lies :P;)

I greet

My English is very weak. I apologize for this. I play in TAW 10 years. The problem is the engine campaign in original version and 2.10. When I fly in cockpit F22 and campaign lasts several hours the engine campaign stops working in time of flight. After return with 2 hourlong mission this to be visible in war room well. Always only several airplanes are in air. There are no let go new missions in event log. After several spended in war room the engine campaign minutes it again works and it lets go new missions. How do to solve this problem?