COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JeremT

Official: World of Tanks

Hi everybody!

My name is Jeremy Taylor. I'm working for Wargaming.net and involved in the World of Tanks development process. I have received the official sanction for starting this thread as the World of Tanks team's representative. Please feel free to ask any questions you find appropriate, and I will try to give you timely response.

World of Tanks is an MMO game based on massive numbers of armored battles. In World of Tanks 30-player teams are fighting PvP battles. The game features more than 150 armored fighting vehicles from pre-WW2 era up to Korean War: light, medium, heavy and super heavy tanks, tank destroyers, self-propelled howitzers and rocket artillery. The game includes German, American and Soviet tanks.

The game offers fast random battles featuring various modes, historic mini-campaigns, tourneys and Clan Wars on a global map, where mighty clans fight for hundreds of provinces employing grand strategy, diplomacy and economic power. Besides individual tank-ace skills, World of Tanks requires team work and a fine balance between light and heavy armor. The game will be available as a free download and is expected to be released in Fall 2010.

World of Tanks official website

The first game screenshots can be viewed here: http://www.worldoftanks.com/gallery/screenshots/1

Hi Jeremy

You are in the right place.

The game sounds rather exciting.

I will save your site and download the demo when it is available

Good luck

Stop by and keep us updated.

Welcome aboard JeremT,

I browsed an article a few days ago about this title and correct me if I'm wrong, you are using a model similar to Combat Arms correct? If so, this could be fairly interesting. Maybe if I ever get time again in my life I'll download the demo, give it a spin and write a review for you here for Combatsim. Good luck.

Welcome aboard JeremT,

I browsed an article a few days ago about this title and correct me if I'm wrong, you are using a model similar to Combat Arms correct?

First off, many thanks for the warm welcome.

The World of Tanks' model is quite similar to one in Combat Arms and is based on free-to-play online warfare concept. World of Tanks is not purely an FPS or a simulator. Our game represents the reasonable mix of action, strategy, simulation, and MMORPG genres. Just like in Combat Arms, we pay huge attention to the graphics, playing modes, and the advanced clan system.

Good stuff Jer, I'll try to get a hands on during my week-end (Tuesday and Wed) and try to get something up to Doug soonest.

Hey Jerem,

Just a request my friend but would be ok if I kept the press account you were kind enough to give us? I'd like to follow the game and do follow ups along the way. Especially after the US tech tree is introduced.

Thanks

Gunny