• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#61 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 04 May 2011 - 10:48 AM

Well having been playing the Hi Rez Version for some days know it it a real improvement in the Way the game looks..
My Frames didn't suffer too much but I am not maxed out either I tried o find a good balance and some decent frames..

I tried getting the Vox working but it is NOT working. I selected in the options but when I talk in the mike during the TEST it does nothing the Graph does not move like it detecrts my Voice.. Is there something I am doing wrong??

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#62 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:47 PM

I tried getting the Vox working but it is NOT working. I selected in the options but when I talk in the mike during the TEST it does nothing the Graph does not move like it detecrts my Voice.. Is there something I am doing wrong??

Z is the default PTT key.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#63 Merlin

Merlin

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 06:26 AM

Check your audio settings within Windows, I had the same problem. I can't remember exactly how I fixed it, but I googled something like 'lotro audio setup' and found a link to either the Turbine or Codemasters forums with detailed instructions.

#64 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

Neph,

Just checked Amazon, and now they want $34 for Mines of Moria, vice $16. I guess the perceived value has gone up. You can buy the collector's edition for $33 from a 3rd party on Amazon, but the extras aren't really that great (though the soundtrack is cool). Still, $33 or $34 with a month of VIP still comes out to the 2495 TPs required to unlock Moria on your account (and in fact it comes out to about the same even w/o the 1 month of VIP if you buy your points piecemeal and not during a bulk promotion). LIkewise, if you want to push with your champ and don't need the Warden or Runekeeper classes right now, hold off on Moria until Turbine runs a 50% off promotion (it seems like they do these once a quarter). You don't get access to Moria until min level 45 (target 50), and there is plenty to do before you get there. You definitely want access to legendary weapons, though, so make sure you pick up Moria around the 45 timeframe. Also remember that you get 495 TPs per month for being a VIP.

Don't get the $34 expansion confused with the Moria Pre-Order package for $10. The pre-order package gives you a cloak and in-game title, but not the expansion. Also, whatever you do, don't get the Codemasters/European version of any expansion. The Codemasters/Euro versions are for a completely different set of servers, though AFAIK Turbine will be taking over those servers in August. Still, the versions are incompatible.

Finally, if you're looking at pay per play vs. VIP, I found this price list on the LOTRO forums.

HTH,
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
Posted Image

#65 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

hi all,

I had added a Skill and it is mining, Woodgathering and tailoring..I am Sorry if the past few days when I was online I was NOT aware of the "tell" Ring. I had no clue what that noise was and just thought it to be ambience..

I was By no means Ignoring anyone I was just so wrapped up with watching he screen and pushing buttons to get kills I did NOT notice the Messages Sorry.. ;)

HomeFries has brought me up to speed on a few things including what the "tell" sounds like.. I will keep an ear out for it in the future and I have since moved my chat box to the center Screen..

Oh and by the way where the heck are all the TIN Deposits?? I need TIN!! I been finding plenty og Silver and Copper and the iron ore but Tin seems to be at a low lvl??

I also have spen most of the day Skilling up my Skill lvl and I am at the 3rd tier on all..I even attained master under apprentice..

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

#66 Gunny

Gunny

Bessie's Bastards platoon Gunnery Sgt.

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:48 PM

Midgewater swamp in Bree. Also go over to the Shire, usually plenty ore over there.

Did he clue you into the Kin chat?
Posted Image

Si vis pacem, para bellum

#67 Merlin

Merlin

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:51 AM

Copper and tin share spawn locations and the proportion is 3 copper for 1 tin. So even if you are only after tin take the copper.

If an area has 20 spawn points and has not been mined from server startup you will have 15 copper and 5 tin randomly distributed. If you just take the 5 tin when those 5 spawn points respawn you only have a 1 in 4 chance of tin spawning so you need to clear the area to keep getting enough tin spawns.

Turbine takes control of the Codemasters servers on 1st June, although I doubt anyone on Codemasters servers will be up an running on the 1st going by what happened when Turbine took back control of Dungeon & Dragons Online.

Still once we are integrated into Turbines service I might even start a character on Windfola. Although I do currnetly have 12 characters on Snowbourn.

#68 Gunny

Gunny

• Charter Member
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:33 PM

That always pissed me off in the Trollshaws when gold was the second ore there. People would come in and strip the Dwarf-iron and leave the gold so that when those respawned, you were left with even more gold. And seeing as how you, at the time, needed a metric shit-ton off dwarf-iron, there was never enough. Anyway, as I said the Shire also has both as does Erid Luin. Although I'd take my chances in the Shire first.
Posted Image

#69 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:01 PM

Midgewater swamp in Bree. Also go over to the Shire, usually plenty ore over there.

Did he clue you into the Kin chat?

By using the "/k" Function??

2095164.png

#70 Gunny

Gunny

• Charter Member
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 10:50 PM

By using the "/k" Function??

Either that or clicking the drop down menu in the chat box. Kin speak by default is blue.
Posted Image

#71 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 09:10 AM

Calling all raiders!

Update 5 is supposed to have some new Isengard instances for small fellowship to raid. Who's in?
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#72 Gunny

Gunny

• Charter Member
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Calling all raiders!

Update 5 is supposed to have some new Isengard instances for small fellowship to raid. Who's in?

I will be once I get back to the house. When is it due out?
Posted Image

#73 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:50 PM

I will be once I get back to the house. When is it due out?

Early December I think.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#74 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:09 AM

I just got the email that Armies of Isengard (Update 5) is live! :thumbsup:
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#75 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

I finished the Great River quests from Update 6 if anybody needs an assist on those. My hunter is also up to 60 if you need a hand with Moria/Lothlorien.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#76 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:33 AM

Is there anybody out there?

/pink floyd off
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#77 Gunny

Gunny

• Charter Member
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:35 PM

Yes, preparing for Rohan.
Posted Image

#78 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:11 PM

Looking forward to the horse combat myself.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#79 Gunny

Gunny

• Charter Member
  • 18,335 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:52 PM

Well since Voslic is from Rohan, "he's" looking forward to going home. I can't wait to see what "home" actually looks like in game. The breaking of the Fellowship looks interesting especially "The Fall of Borimer. Always one of my favorite chars from the book because he was such a tragic figure. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us overall.
Posted Image

#80 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,533 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:27 PM

I'm partial to Theoden in the movies but he was kind of a S-head in the books.

My dude is Rohirrim as well, so it will be fun. Back to the land of the blond haired blue eyed.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image