COMBATSIM Forum
mikew

F16

Sweet!

I had no idea (or memory of, perhaps) there was a Project CSP out there.

I just read some of the flight model code on your wiki at sourceforge. Neat-o!

How's the project coming along?

If you want more exposure for your project on CSIM, just let me know. I'd be happy to help with interviews, articles, a dedicated forum ... whatever you need.

Thanks. The project is slow burning to say the least.

Their architecture is good but as always, there are never enough volunteer programmers. Hopefully, I'll be able to do more when I finish my book 'Teach yourself C++ in 24 hours'.

If nothing else, it is a good testbed to try stuff out. Here is a picture of somewhere in the eqyptian desert where the terrain geometry is derived from the shuttle SRTM mission with textures 'borrowed' from goggleearth.

a2s.jpg

Hopefully, I'll be able to do more when I finish my book 'Teach yourself C++ in 24 hours'.

Tell me you're kidding, right? :lol: If not, then I better run out and get a copy, too! :)

Please keep us updated on any and all progress :thumbsup:

Hopefully, I'll be able to do more when I finish my book 'Teach yourself C++ in 24 hours'.

I'll be happy to buy a signed copy when it's ready! :thumbsup:

I'll be happy to buy a signed copy when it's ready! :thumbsup:

Ha ha.... :)

Actually, the book is pretty good but I should have bought this one instead for quicker results:

http://www.amazon.com/Sams-Teach-Yourself-Minutes-2nd/dp/0672324253/ref=sr_1_85?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1287834850&sr=1-85

To stay on topic, here's another screenshot. The skydome is supposed to be accurate with the stars in their correct places.

csp_evening.jpg

Now, just need to replace that F16 with a F22 or F35. :)