COMBATSIM Forum
keeps21

IL-2 and Windows 7

Hey everyone!

Long time since I posted here, but I come back and read now and again.

I was just wondering if IL-2 works on Windows 7 or if they're any known issues, same question for Falcon 4 also.

Cheers.

I had problems installing IL2 and some issues with Pacific Fighters on Windows 7. I went ahead and broke down and purchased IL2 1946 ($10 off the UBI Soft website) and it installed with no problems.

I can't tell you about Falcon, however.

~S~

IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 which needs to be patched up to its current version of 4.09m is a lot of fun, especially when your install the UP 2.01 mod pack on top of IL-2 that supports the current version of the game. New flyable aircraft, maps, objects that are only "AI" in the stock version of 4.09m are now flyable in the mod pack. A lot of fun !

I was just wondering if IL-2 works on Windows 7

A couple people in my clan are running it on Windows 7 and it seems to work fine.

Safest way to install any game or sim in Windows Vista or Windows 7 is to not install them to the C:/Program Files directory. C:/Program Files is usually the default directory to which most games are designed to install. I suggest making a new directory and install your games and sims there. The Programs Files directory is heavily protected by Vista and Windows 7 security, games installed in the Program Files directory sometimes run slow or not at all.