COMBATSIM Forum
Stealth

I`ve been flying a lot in IL2, through from Ace expansion till 1946 4.09m, but now 4.10m has arrived and things are different.

Wings come off easily, low level bomb drops need a new technique and approach and.....

Has anyone got solid data on torpedo runs......my torpedoes always break, and I havn`t found the maximum drop speeds or drop heights for each type of torpedo, both allied and axis? Has anyone found where they are available please?

Thanks

Stealth

Stealth,

Welcome to the forum.

If I get some time, I'll go into 4.10m and do some low-level torpedo testing and post back with my findings. :)

Update:

Looks like sub-100mph at 50 feet works. I took out a Beaufighter Mk 21 with a Mk13 torpedo and if the fish is dropped above 50ft or at or over 100mph it breaks. If under 50ft, to where the altimeter is indicating less than 25ft., I get a "torpedo did not enter water properly" message.

At 90mph and 50ft. indicated in the HUD in the lower left corner of the screen, all was good. I was able to drop multiple torpedoes to good effect. :)

Within the ILS 1946 game directory with HSFX4.1 installed I found the following file:

HSFX V4 Tools & Read me's

and again within that is another called:

XXXRealistic Bomb & Torpedoes ArmingXXX

This file explains all the criteria for successful torpedo launches for all Allied and Axis torpedo types.

I suppose this is what is happening to me online and solves my problem for online campaigns, as my online configuration for udating 4.09m to 4.10m was: via updating HSFX4.1 and UP 2.10, using the JGSME updater to go from 4.09m to 4.10m. This made it so simple to do the update and saved a lot of time.

Is that the same in UP2.01 4.10m? Looks like no, as the HSFX V4 Tools & Read me's file, and sub files would be missing under that procedure. And nowhere can I find a file to tell me about any 4.09m or 4.10m torpedo launch data.

Many thanks for your inputs.

Stealth

Guten tag- Ich kannot even find 4.09m anymore unt you are allready on 4.10! Vhere vhere???? both uf zhem! Danke

Rommel,

Link: download page for IL-2 4.09m

Then, install the Ultra-Pack mod:

Here are the direct links to the files:

If the above links give you grief, visit the UP 2.01 main download page for extra mirror sites from which to download.

Once you have Ultra Pack installed, look for the UP Updater shortcut on your desktop, double-click that and let it do its update thing.

When the update is finished, find the JGSME shortcut on your desktop (installed when you installed Ultra Pack) and enable the 4.10m stock mod by selecting it in the left-hand column and moving it to the right-hand column. That should be the only mod enabled when you run 4.10m.

Start the game using your desktop shortcut and you should be running 4.10m stock :)