COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tnprogrammer

Purhcasing BOB2

Is there a place I can purchase BOB2 for immediate download?

Nope, but you can get it from Amazon for next to nowt. :)

And it does the job properly, NOT like Oleg's attempt. Hundreds of aircraft in the sky, attention to detail in the RIGHT places. Worth waiting a day or two for. :thumbsup:

I'm interested in this game rather an while now. Not too long ago (back in December) I contacted A2A's sales and recieved this response;

Battle of Britain II is download only, and if you want a hard copy, you can order a backup disk with it.

There are no physical copies of the manual, however, the PDF manual is excellent. However, I do agree and miss those big, fat manuals we used to get.

Scott.

Quoting Mark Oliver <tipsypo13@yahoo.co.uk>:

> Hey,

>

> I've bee interested in Battle of Britain II Wings of Victory since early 2008 but never purchased it due to having a rather inadequate computer. I still have the inadequate computer but might be looking to get a better one. Even disregarding that I think I should go ahead and get it good enough computer or not seeing as I might not be able to even purchase it here by then.

>

> I notice that the boxed version is "out of print" will it ever be available again or am I restricted to downloading it and getting a backup disc sent? As I would rather get the box and physical copies of manuals and such.

>

> Should the answer to that be that I can only download and have backups sent, then is everything included in the box (manuals and such other training documents) included in the download and backup disc but in electronic form?

>

> Cheers,

>

>

>

So you can get it as download, with the option to get a backup disk sent at http://www.a2asimulations.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=18.

Interesting. :) Guess that happened after my time. Still, it's a MUST HAVE for The Battle. No other, and I mean NO OTHER serious simulation can match it for sheer number of aircraft in the sky at once. Yes, at the moment it's single player only (correction; the last time I looked), but work is being done to get the multiplayer mode up to speed. Once that's done, it will be damned near perfect.