COMBATSIM Forum
tnprogrammer

BoB2 in windows 7

I bought BoB2 and installed it. Is there a trick to getting it to run in 32bit Windows 7? The sim starts up, but when I click "Fly" it just goes to a black screen. I also tried setting the compatibility on the .exe to Windows XP and that doesn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks.

Was it installed in the "Program Files" directory or somewhere else, like "Program Files(x86)" or to a dedicated games directory? Sometimes the security in Vista and Windows 7 will interfere with games installed in the "Program Files" directory.

Set "Disable Desktop Composition" in compatibility settings; BoB2 has issues with Aero.

I know this is a dead thread, but I just installed it on Win7 today and experienced the same thing.

I had the same problem before. Will try to install next time in a different folder in W7.

Hey, Fittop, I just saw your posts, and I'm having problems with BoB2 in Win7 as well.

Take a look at this link down toward the bottom and check out the Forum for BoB2. I got all kinds of help here.

Thanks, Whiz. I spent a weekend reading and looking at videos that made my mouth water. When I learn how to work W7 I am going to give this one a go and learn how to fly. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Whiz. I spent a weekend reading and looking at videos that made my mouth water. When I learn how to work W7 I am going to give this one a go and learn how to fly. :thumbsup:

Yeah, keep me posted, guy, I'm having a few problems with Win7-32bit myself. But I just flew over the beautiful English countryside for a while, and it was fun!