COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Donster

U.S. Navy Debuts Laser Weapon

doctorevillaser.jpg

Navy Shows Off Powerful New Laser Weapon

One if by land … lasers if by sea.

A futuristic laser mounted on a speeding cruiser successfully blasted a bobbing, weaving boat from the waters of the Pacific Ocean -- the first test at sea of such a gun and a fresh milestone in the Navy's quest to reoutfit the fleet with a host of laser weapons, the Navy announced Friday.

"We were able to have a destructive effect on a high-speed cruising target," chief of Naval research Rear Adm. Nevin Carr told FoxNews.com.

:thumbsup:

This is great news!

Finally, I can proceed with my plans...

Death%2BStar.jpg

:ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r: :ph43r:

Oh, and evidently you're not a real fan unless you do this...

star%20wars%20tats.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Actually, it's a bit on the disturbing side.

Uggh! I hate tattoos, especially on women. Do they think that they look more cool or something? Yuck!

Oh, about the laser? Gotta keep that Defense Industry humming! Of course, there may be nothing to shoot at, but what the hell! Looks good to the folks back in the district, right?

Chicks with tattoos are easy.

Chicks with Star Wars tattoos are awesome :lol:

And lasers that can burn through 20 feet of steel per second, are downright scary ... but also awesome ... so long as I'm on the pointing end and not the receiving end. :)

Lasers are spiffy. You can perform eyeball surgery with them. You can vaporise bulldozers with them.

Just make sure you switch it back to "Eyeball" from "Bulldozer" before correcting corneal surfaces.

Lasers are spiffy. You can perform eyeball surgery with them. You can vaporise bulldozers with them.

Just make sure you switch it back to "Eyeball" from "Bulldozer" before correcting corneal surfaces.

Oh... uhhhhh... oops?