COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
madbad

Patch order and Url links for EAW from V1.2a

Hi all,

I'm trying to install EAW for the 1st time on an XP based PC.

I have found patches from the original CD rom V1.0 to V1.2A, can anyone tell me if there are any patches in-between V1.2a and V1.28 ?

If so, what and where may they be found?

I would like to purchase the full EAW game via download @ $9.99 as my current CD is scratched and the set-up.exe is corrupt.

Unfortunately, my location United KIngdom is outside the 'territory' for this download...

"We're sorry. Our Systems indicate you are outside the territory authorized for distribution by the software publisher of this title.

Unfortunately, we do not have permissions from the publisher to sell this title outside of our approved territory."

Does anyone know a way around this, i would be happy to pay someone via paypal in the USA to purchase the file on my behalf.

Shipping for a CD ROM from the USA is $19 plus purchase cost = $30 in total!!!

Any advice is welcome.

Hi there,

sorry for the late response but here it is.

First of all do NOT try to install the game but copy all the files from the CD onto your C drive into an empty folder. Then try running the eaw.exe from within that folder. Make sure you have show hidden files, folders and system files and show known filetypes activated in your folder options, this to allow Windows to copy/paste everything from the CD.

If the game runs you can either upgrade to 1.1 or 1.2, you can skip 1.1 but it's still interesting as AI in this version are ferocious.

If you get a 7217 error, then your videocard doesn't support the game's 8 bit graphics or it's 640*480 screens and your only option is to get your hands on the unofficial 1.28 patch, which largely cures this problem.

If one of your archives/files on the CD are dammaged I can provide you with a downloadable version to replace it at:

http://www.chatzy.com/251310437564

That should allow you to burn the original game onto a new CD for many more years of fun (provided you can get it to work ofcourse). Best visiting times are between 16.00PM and 04.00AM General Mean Time (Europe).

BTW if you really want a new game CD, try E-bay.

Good luck,

VonBeerhofen

http://www.europeanairwar.net/

Home of the FXEXE