COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mikew

Something doesn't seem right here...

Aside from the British paint scheme, is there anything else wrong here? Am I missing something more sinister?

I mean, I know the Germans called these Heinkel bombers "sheep" prior to the declaration of hostilities (i.e., wolf in sheep's clothing ... saying they were civilian commercial transports to get around the ban on building military aircraft), but this is taking the wolf in sheep's clothing concept to the limit. :lol:

Are the engine air intakes on the wrong side? There's so many variants of the thing, I think that's probably not the case. Hmmm? No guns in the nose? No prop spinners visible?

I know, the pilot is smoking a Cuban cigar, and everybody knows the Germans HATE anything Cuban. No? :unsure:

Ich weiss- it iz not Heinkil flyink it!! zhere schould be ein Pop Plink Ploink ploink in it fur vhen hiz glassaugen poppen out mit zhe negative G turnz....

Vhell Fick- unt exaktly how do you planz to do juzt zhat?? Shooten it down mit vhun uf zhoze Rollz Royze Merlin engined Me 109'z left over after zhe Battle uf Britian film makink?? :unsure:

Ja, ve kould azk zhe Tommiez to giv it bak. If zhat doez nicht vork, zhen Ich zhink ve zhould schneak into zhe baze vhere zhe keep it und schteal it bak!

Ja, ve kould azk zhe Tommiez to giv it bak. If zhat doez nicht vork, zhen Ich zhink ve zhould schneak into zhe baze vhere zhe keep it und schteal it bak!

...and how are you going to do that? Pretending to be a Spitfire I assume.....

bf109.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I just happened on it, so there! I think you'll find that the answer to the strange skin coloring is that during WW2 any a/c the British captured intact were immediately re-painted and air-tested to determine their flight characteristics. This way they could compare them to British a/c and issue updated fighting and/or defensive orders to improve the British fighter pilots skills. An interesting but very, to say the least, unusual mod!

Take a look at this video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLW09CSQB-w

Ach! Zhe Tommiez hav schtolen many of our flugzeuges! Vell, Ich zuppose zhat if vone kan nicht vin mit zheir own veapons, zhen it schtands to vreason zhey vill schteal zuperior veapons.

Do nicht vorry, zhe zuperior Tjerman entjineers vill zurely dezign even bezzer veapons.