COMBATSIM Forum
Herman Hum

Harpoon for Dummies

Another video After-Action Report for Harpoon3 has been added to the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch the complete

scenario:

A new video After Action Report for "Rescue a Sailor" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

A new video After Action Report for "Rescue a Sailor" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

scenario:

A new video After Action Report for "Gauntlet" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

A new video After Action Report for "Whose Minefield?" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

In direct response to:

JudgeDredd

So there is no falklands battleset for Harpoon Ultimate Commanders Edition but there is a Falklands Battleset for Harpoon Ultimate ANW? That's a shame :-(

http://www.wargamer.com/forums/goto.asp?post=613010

A new video for "[HCE] Installling the Falklands battleset" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

A new video After-Action Report for "Trade Barrier (ASEAN) [MP]" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

In direct response to:

pandoraefretum

I have recently bought Harpoon UE. I am trying to work out the best version to play (if at all; with Naval War: Arctic Circle out maybe Harpoon has been usurped? or is Naval War not as 'deep' as Harpoon? what about GCB?).

Anyway at first sight, the number of versions of Harpoon is confusing, What should someone start out with (as of April 2012)?

HUE, I have read, has 240 anomalies, ANW slightly less, and 363 is the most reliable, correct ?

Does that mean 363 is bug free, or does it also have 60 or so anomalies ?

(363 does not have a screen resolution that suits my Widescreen laptop, nor can I get the ini installer to install ..(it cannot register 2 files))

So for a novice, like myself, is it going to make a lot of difference if I just use HUE ? With the complete PlayersDB are the anomalies in HUE a) resolved or at least B) tolerable ?

In other words which is the best Harpoon version considering I am using PlayersDB ? (considering i am a novice)

Lastly, manually editing the ini for 363, do I point the Battleset folder to BattleSet or Battlset (with Player'sDB installed)?

Where can I get info about what goes on in the ini with regards PlayersDB ?

http://www.harplonkh...hp?p=1364#p1364

A new video for "Trying to work out the best version for a novice" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

Another video After-Action Report for Harpoon3 has been added to the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel.

scenario:

Another video After-Action Report for Harpoon3 has been added to the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel.

scenario:

scenario:

A new pair of videos for "Nigeria [MP]" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch both sides of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Vnt03Nto4:

Watch them side by side to see how the battle unfolds for both players and their thought processes.

scenario:

A new video for "Katyusha Hunt [MP]" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

scenario:

scenario:

In direct response to:

ORIGINAL: Suul

I am unable to get a database to open. I can't find H3CD.

The H3RE gives me a run time error after pressing one of the "buttons"

DB portion of the scenario editor seems to not be working. I use the drop down and I can get a long bullet button list of equipment, but there are no other buttons in the window. I then have to close the program and start it over.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=3139926

A new video for "Opening the H3Editor " has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

In direct response to:

Senor0Droolcup

OK, here's a request. You may already have done this in a video, but I think there's a Harpoon scenario ("Return to the Kola Peninsula"??) about a nuclear strike on the Kola Peninsula by B-52s and A-6s. Sort of end of the world, but I'd really like to see this scenario run by somebody who knows what he's doing

http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=IDGag4eWbTE

A new video for "Return To Kola" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch Return To Kola:

In direct response to:

Mark Gellis

"FYI...if anyone wants to, please feel free to post After Action Reports...I'd be very interested to hear what people have to say about the scenario"

http://tinyurl.com/7jgxot2

This was initially and primarily meant as an After-Action Report for the Celebes Sea Slam scenario written by Mark Gellis. However, it also covers the reliability and level of function found within databases like the HUD4.

You can gain access to this file at the URL:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FilesOfScenShare/files/Harpoon%203%20scenarios/Mark%27s%20Scenarios/Celebes%20Sea%20Slam%202016.SCN

A new video for "Celebes Sea Slam" has been added the YouTube Harpoon for Dummies channel to help Harpoon players navigate the complexities of the game and to deliver the best possible playing experience.

You can watch

No you can't....shows 'This video is private'.

That has already been caught and corrected. Sorry for the delay.

But thank you for taking the time and effort to view the video. It's nice to see your ongoing interest with this game. :)

Well, I don't get much time to look at your videos, never mind play the game.

With terms like 'bug infested database', I'm still not sure whether you're promoting the game or some breakaway version of it.

The game is sold and distributed with the bug-infested HUD4 database.

There are other more functional and user-friendly databases created by third-party users. This particular scenario author doesn't realize that the majority of Harpoon players shun and avoid the HUD4 (and its associated scenarios) whenever possible.