COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Dude

Take On Helicopters video preview

Hi all,

Just got a press release from the folks a Bohemia for their new Take On Helicopters civilian helo sim.

They have added some extra features not normally found in ArmA, like the ability to inspect the helicopters from the outside (open inspection panels and such), your computer pilot's arms and legs move in the cockpit according to how you actually move the joystick, rudder, and collective, and they've made interactive clickable cockpit instruments.

Here's the video from the recent GamesCom convention in Germany:

Good stuff...but it reminds me a bit of Flight Unlimited III back in the late nineties which also modelled the Seattle area. This was far better than MSFS at the time and had some interesting missions, but ended up being the last of the series.

The problem I see with these beautiful looking sims that try and give the impression of a 'realistic living world', is that they are doomed to fail since their world obviously isn't 'living' at all.

No doubt I'll still buy it though. :)

Can't get too excited about a Sim where you just look at all the pretty stuff with no actual missions to perform or meaningful actions! Why do they waste their time making movable arms and legs that "Follow the actions of the stick and rudder" and "Look inside the exhaust panel, etc?" Sounds like it's made for the 15yr olds just getting into Flight Sims to me. But, I could be wrong. I was last year......once!

Can't get too excited about a Sim where you just look at all the pretty stuff with no actual missions to perform or meaningful actions! Why do they waste their time making movable arms and legs that "Follow the actions of the stick and rudder" and "Look inside the exhaust panel, etc?" Sounds like it's made for the 15yr olds just getting into Flight Sims to me. But, I could be wrong. I was last year......once!

Gee whiz, Whiz, I don't recall an err on your part last year!! Of course, I don't remember any of last year. :lol:

But apparently you CAN put stuff from ArmA2 into ToH.

Wonder if that means "Domestic" (to Americans, anyway)combat missions would be possible?