Home Fries

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4 Out

194 posts in this topic

It comes in a 686Mb Torrent. Here's a site with a torrent link that also shows a cool video:

http://dailyairforce...ven-Better.html

Here's the video:

And a promo video from the 87th:

Just from the video you can see HDR lighting, fully operable 3D cockpit, HiTiles, and what appears to be smooth multiplayer.

Here's the BMS site where it all begins:

Benchmark Sims

And if you don't want to use the torrent:

Veteran's Gaming

If you guys don't see any TAW updates in a while, you'll know why!

EDIT: Just so you know, the installer calls on the Original (Microprose) Falcon 4.0 CD at some point. If you only have Allied Force, it will not work.

Here's the BMS sight where it all begins:

Benchmark Sims

And if you don't want to use the torrent:

Veteran's Gaming

EDIT: Just so you know, the installer calls on the Original (Microprose) Falcon 4.0 CD at some point. If you only have Allied Force, it will not work.

quote from the web pages;

Now: Falcon BMS version available!

This version has far more possibilities than the older versions.

Go to the downloadpage to check it out.

Very cool

Formation flight video

http://www.weapondeliveryplanner.nl/movies/formation/movieformationflight.html

I found & installed "Microprose Falcon 4.0" from my disk.

I loged into Falcon BMS as Hawkx.

Ready for the next step. I want to install Falcon BMS.

I cant seem to find the D/L for the Falcon BMS install version.

Please reply with the link. Thanks.

See the top of the thread, Hawkx.

Also, you don't need to install the original F4. You only need the CD (or the falcon4.exe) for verification purposes.

See the top of the thread, Hawkx.

Also, you don't need to install the original F4. You only need the CD (or the falcon4.exe) for verification purposes.

I did install the original F4. OH Well,, I guess I have both.

The main thing;

Got it now. Falcon BMS 4.32 up & running.

Maybe we can go to TS3 for a walk-through?

I can't read the selections untill it get dark here.

Thanks for your help!

...... to follow shortly.

I flew BMS4 in MP for the first time today. Thanks to Home Fries, Eugene and Neph. It was my first experience of fly MP in any of the the Falcon4 versions. I was a total novice. My friendly helpers were also finding it very new but the experience was enjoyable for all. However, they all came from a MP Falcon4 background. (I assume AF, or FF or OF or BMS3, etc). With my experiences being limited to SP F4AF, the difficulty of coming to grips with BMS4 were very obvious.

So if I wish to participate in Falcon4 MP do I proceed to do it under the umbrella of BMS4, or revert to the more established F4AF for which I am familiar with in SP?

If I'm going to do it I'm going to through F4AF.

Why?

I have it setup and running well.

It includes, Zerk's 2D 'pit and Stopworks 3D 'pits.

It reflects better graphical representation of the F16 'pit than I was getting currently with BMS4 (being almost grayed out).

I have my own skins.

BMS4 Multiplay is still being tested and bedded in.

I use HiTiles.

Currently TrackIR ran poorly in BMS4.

F4AF shows the pilot and has kneepad access.

I think I need to to gain my wings in F4AF and then possibly move to BMS4 taking those wings with me.

Just my thoughts and personal preferences. Thanks boys for today. :thumbsup:

Wombat, you should start a blog.

Sorry ...... did you read my edited last post? Don't want to sound critical or ungrateful .....

Didn't read the edits before posting mine, but I understand where you're coming from.

That said, I still think your best bet is to migrate. F4AF is no slouch, but it's a matter of developing good habits, and BMS is a new sim. You might as well learn about the new realism configurations (radios, DTCs, avionics) while the rest of us are learning, because then it's a collaborative environment where everybody can contribute. As far as your hardware issues with BMS, we can fix that. I'll be happy to walk you through that stuff; it's much easier than port forwarding! Besides, I truly believe that the community will migrate en masse to BMS as the new standard.

Besides, BMS has hitiles built in, and when FLARE is released that will be a huge terrain upgrade.

However, I keep both BMS and AF on my hard drive.

Edited by Home Fries

Didn't read the edits before posting mine, but I understand where you're coming from.

That said, I still think your best bet is to migrate. F4AF is no slouch, but it's a matter of developing good habits, and BMS is a new sim. You might as well learn about the new realism configurations (radios, DTCs, avionics) while the rest of us are learning, because then it's a collaborative environment where everybody can contribute. As far as your hardware issues with BMS, we can fix that. I'll be happy to walk you through that stuff; it's much easier than port forwarding! Besides, I truly believe that the community will migrate en masse to BMS as the new standard.

Besides, BMS has hitiles built in, and when FLARE is released that will be a huge terrain upgrade.

That said, I keep both BMS and AF on my hard drive.

Yes .... thanks for that. I'm sure my migration will come quicker than I say. I'll just let others bed it down first and get myself up to speed on F4AF SP. However and irrespective, TAW2.0 on Wednesday's 9.00pm is still locked in, :thumbsup: but Campaign testing might have to be sacrificed. :(

Oh Nooooooooooo!!!!!! :superscare:

BMS is a new sim to me. I'm SP till I catch on.

In last night's MP, I was behind the curve, I mean, way behind the curve.

Wombat should be thrilled with all the pre-flight planning. (Printable)

When we dropped, I expected to be on A runway, at least.

As I was #3, I followed #2. Then my nose wheel steering went out.

Ooops,,, KIA out in the grass.

I have my X52 set-up for rudder, but I lost my rudder.

I use SHT+/ on landing. (Expected)

I just joined another flight.

I have to use keyboard 1 to read the numbers.

The Hud is not possible for me to read, to small. Maybe there is a zoom?

Too much for me to learn to explain in this post.

I want to MP, but not as a fool.

Oh Nooooooooooo!!!!!! :superscare:

BMS is a new sim to me. I'm SP till I catch on.

In last night's MP, I was behind the curve, I mean, way behind the curve.

Wombat should be thrilled with all the pre-flight planning. (Printable)

When we dropped, I expected to be on A runway, at least.

As I was #3, I followed #2. Then my nose wheel steering went out.

Ooops,,, KIA out in the grass.

I have my X52 set-up for rudder, but I lost my rudder.

I use SHT+/ on landing. (Expected)

I just joined another flight.

I have to use keyboard 1 to read the numbers.

The Hud is not possible for me to read, to small. Maybe there is a zoom?

Too much for me to learn to explain in this post.

I want to MP, but not as a fool.

You've got it so right. Exactly my sentiments. There was another level of BMS4 assessment going on way above my understanding. And that was fine, because it was being assessed by experienced Falcon SP/MP pilots. And the comments were almost all positive. However the questions I need to ask (eg. where is my Kneeboard) didn't seem appropriate. So I just listened. I think we flew (tested) for about 6 hours. "We" got the airbase to appear with taxiways, runways, etc. It was great!

But I'm still intending to "cut my MP teeth" on F4AF. And then I can enter the BMS4 (should that be the way the Falcon community moves) from a position of Falcon MP understanding. F4AF has a huge source of resources and places I can ask my questions and receive speedy, informative responses. You might want to reflect on your Falcon MP entry options. ;)

Well, curiosity got the better of me so I installed BMS4 to see what the fuss was about.....and it looks spectacular. :)

One problem though, when I exit the game all my existing windows are somehow screwed up. This is especially true of IE9, where for example I only see a black box if I try and watch a Youtube video.

Rebooting the PC fixes things, but I might have 20 or so things already running so it's very disruptive.

Well, curiosity got the better of me so I installed BMS4 to see what the fuss was about.....and it looks spectacular. :)

One problem though, when I exit the game all my existing windows are somehow screwed up. This is especially true of IE9, where for example I only see a black box if I try and watch a Youtube video.

Rebooting the PC fixes things, but I might have 20 or so things already running so it's very disruptive.

No ..... had no experience of that, don't think its the norm. Although I'm not following the threads over at SimHQ. Maybe you can post it over at SimHQ, at least to warn others?

Worth a read by those budding BMS4 MP pilots.

http://www.72ndvfw.org/frphpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=228

You got that right Battie.

Not unlike any new sim to me,, I had no idea of the BMS 4 capabilities.

I was not sure this sim was worth my slow learning curve.

Check out the "Welcome to the 72nd Virtual Fighter Wing!"

I'm going to use their info to make sure my setup meets the max for my box.

For inspiration & my next step I went to the Youtube videos.

A tip for the full effect.

Use the HD resolution in full screen.

WOW,, At this time,, I'm going to do my best to learn Falcon 4 by BMS.

If I get discouraged again,, I'm heading back to the videos.

After all, flying flight sims is what I got this box for.

Thanks "72nd Virtual Fighter Wing" for all you've done to help my fun number.

bms432.jpg

BTW;

Total Air War is where I'm comfortable,

Thanks to Home Fries & my friends that I MP with.

Edited by Hawkx

You got that right Battie.

Check out the the Welcome to the 72nd Virtual Fighter Wing

I'm actually a member there, but this is the site I'm used to: :unsure:

http://www.72ndvfw.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

They actually run MP F4AF training sessions on an occasional, but very structured basis, which I'm again thinking of applying to do.

Spoke to Eugene and HF today on TS3 and explained again my wish to go down the F4AF path before possibly moving to BMS4. They understand.

These two clips are just sensational. :icon_bow: Sorry Hawkx had to duplicate your re-direction above, just in case people don't watch it there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ONKwkidMsw&feature=player_detailpage

I wish i could get the effect all the time (sunlight lit).

ScreenShot002-11.jpg

rather than this because its so much harder to see the instruments (non sunlight lit).

ScreenShot001-14.jpg

and this is with all the Shaders turned off in the config.exe.

Any suggestions?

I'll show you something, Wombat, when I can get a screenshot. In the meantime, enjoy the latest screenshot from the FLARE project:

FalconBMS_Flare_01_09.08.2011.jpg

I wish i could get this effect all the time (sunlight lit).

Any suggestions?

I wish I could get what you have.

ScreenShot002-11.jpg

I'm having problems with lots of stuff running Falcon 4.0 BMS 4

Too many to post at this time,, even to ask for suggestions?

I ran Falcon 4.0 Allied Force with my same settings,, NO problems!

What didn't work in BMS, works fine in F4AF. I'm the only problem.

I have installed the "Weapon Delivery Planner" & the "AIC software".

I have yanked BMS 4 around so much,, I may just un-install everything & start over.

How did the pros get those great videos?

1holdingpattern.jpg

Edited by Hawkx

I wish I could get what you have.

I just change my flight direction by 180 degree to get the "sun" in the right place. But I want it for all directions, as I think you do.

I'm having problems with lots of stuff running Falcon 4.0 BMS 4

Too many to post at this time,, even to ask for suggestions?

I'd start posting them here if I were you, otherwise its off to SimHQ to ask for me.

I have installed the "Weapon Delivery Planner" & the "AIC software".

I have yanked BMS 4 around so much,, I may just un-install everything & start over.

Ye .... maybe. But you've gained the knowledge, and you won't loose that.

How did the pros get those great videos?

Ye .... unbelievable!!

I don't like the poor attempt at the training missions in BMS4. I'm going to try and use the training documentation from F4AF and see if I can use it here at BMS4. The F4AF manual is 716 pages and includes a comprehensive guide to the training missions. But I've got to get the graphics thing sorted first. And I still can't find my bloody knees in the 'pit. :lol:

The training missions in BMS4 should be identical (or close enough) to the original training missions, so using the F4AF manual with BMS is a great idea. I did that the other night to re-learn maverick.

The training missions in BMS4 should be identical (or close enough) to the original training missions, so using the F4AF manual with BMS is a great idea. I did that the other night to re-learn maverick.

Gees that was quick! Ye .... I think I'll get the best of both world then, the detail from F4AF and the freshness of BMS4.