COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4 Out

I'm having problems with lots of stuff running Falcon 4.0 BMS 4

Too many to post at this time,, even to ask for suggestions?

I ran Falcon 4.0 Allied Force with my same settings,, NO problems!

What didn't work in BMS, works fine in F4AF. I'm the only problem.

I'm guessing that most of the issues have to do with the 3D cockpit and you being used to the 2D cockpit in F4AF. That's certainly a big jump, but there are ways to work it.

For starters, the 3D cockpit means that you can zoom in and out. Just use your mousewheel to zoom in if you need to look at something, and even leave that FOV as your default for the flight if you prefer.

The other thing is that pressing "2", while it doesn't bring up a 2D cockpit, brings up the 3D cockpit in a way where it snaps like the 2D cockpit, so you can use the hat switch to find the views you are familiar with.

I find that using instrument back-lighting helps me read the gauges that much better, even in daytime. When I can get a screenshot, I'll show you what I mean. It's something that you can't do with the 2D pit, and looks amazing.

I ran Falcon 4.0 Allied Force with my same settings,, NO problems!

What didn't work in BMS, works fine in F4AF. I'm the only problem.

No its not you .... its BMS4 ..... its different. I'm getting 50 email post notifications a day regarding BMS4 at SimHQ. Just remember what Eugene and Neph were saying the other night about MP and HF about his experiences. We are all learning it new. eg. No bloody 2D pit! No body parts! No kneepad (well, I'm still looking .... ;))

In regard to the poor rendered 'pit (ie hard to see the instruments) check out those video clips again. They're poor in there as well. And they have no body parts either !!!! ..... give it a break Battie !!!! ;)

I'm going to browse those 500 BMS4 posts over at SimHQ ......tomorrow. Also some good stuff here: http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/forum.php

I find that using instrument back-lighting helps me ......

BACK-LIGHTING!!!!!!!!! Where'd find that???????????

No its not you .... its BMS4 ..... its different. I'm getting 50 email post notifications a day regarding BMS4 at SimHQ. Just remember what Eugene and Neph were saying the other night about MP and HF about his experiences. We are all learning it new. eg. No bloody 2D pit! No body parts! No kneepad (well, I'm still looking .... ;))

In regard to the poor rendered 'pit (ie hard to see the instruments) check out those video clips again. They're poor in there as well. And they have no body parts either !!!! ..... give it a break Battie !!!! ;)

I'm going to browse those 500 BMS4 posts over at SimHQ ......tomorrow. Also some good stuff here: http://www.benchmark...forum/forum.php

Speaking of experiences, Eugene, Maizpan, and I flew on the public server last night. We had our share of issues.

First of all, it was at night, which is even darker than a moonless TAW. I literally couldn't see out of the cockpit, but using NVGs took away from using the ground radar and the Maverick image. This isn't our flying, but just an example of how dark it is:

Secondly, flying CAS against mobile targets is always tough. Combine that with avionics difficulties (still trying to determine how much was packet drops and how much was operator error), and I augered in twice with nothing to show for it. We also had an AI wingman who was constantly saying stupid things and stepping on AWACS calls (this was also a multiplayer server bug, I'm sure), and it was frustrating.

Just saying that it happens to all of us.

There's instrument backlighting and cockpit rheostat lighting. Both are knobs on the right console. That's what I'll show with a screenshot.

These switches are in AF, so you can find them that way as well and apply them in BMS.

You mean NVG's?

You mean NVG's?

No. actual back-lighting. Check the AF manual for details, or wait until I can get you a screenshot.

:thumbsup:

OK,Ok. I thought I would just start over.

I went to "Add/Remove" in control panel.

There it was, but it would not uninstall from there.

I didn't have a workable "Falcon_BMS_4.32_Setup.torrent" file.

I went back to HF's suggested web site for a new D/L.

REF;

(http://dailyairforce.com/791/Best-F16-Simulator-Has-Gotten-Even-Better.html)

I saved it over & over. The Falcon_BMS_4.32_Setup.torrent file is only 27.2 KB

I know that isn't right.

Try this URL.

Download the installer via bittorent : Falcon_BMS_4.32_Setup.torrent

excues-me.gif

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by Hawkx

You're right: the torrent file is small, because it only points to the seeds. The seeds then download the program. If you didn't delete the file from your torrent folder, it's still there and you don't need to re-download.

Likewise, Veterans-Gaming has the full download available on their site. That link is posted at the top of the thread.

Likewise, Veterans-Gaming has the full download available on their site. That link is posted at the top of the thread.

That's where I got mine from. Its big but it works. :thumbsup:

I'm getting used to this single 3D 'pit. Its nice. Its singular. Its more real. Instruments are hard to see but I can zoom in (bit like leaning forward). Tried the back-light switch but saw no difference. But had same experience when trying at F4AF. Here's a night shot which doesn't really show how good it really was as seen from the 'pit. Its the JPG format that's the problem.

night.jpg

Got it. installed it. this time it will NOT let me set the throttle on my X52.

It sees the throttle but will not register any movement, but my rudder & buttons work.

catmad.gif

I'm leaving the ramp.

dude.jpg

Don't worry Dude! I'll be back.

seniltywhtday.jpg

Got it. installed it. this time it will NOT let me set the throttle on my X52.

It sees the throttle but will not register any movement, but my rudder & buttons work.

I'm leaving the ramp.

Maybe PM Neph. He's so involved with BMS I don't think he's getting any sleep. I went to bed at 6.30am :( HF has posted on how to fix to better view the instruments. Its sensational! Just flown a 3 ship mission with Neph and HF. They at TS3 now. HF is looking at getting Eugene, Neph, me, you, himself, Mazipan, others, to fly on a regular basis. They want to train us up NOT leave us behind as they train up. And you're way ahead of me anyway. I'm still looking for the pause button .....joking. ;) Its a great opportunity and I'm saying that publicly. BMS4 is just the greatest. Just ask your buddies Neph and HF. :thumbsup:

Edit: HOWEVER! Its still TAW2.0 MP on Wednesday's and maybe sometimes Sunday's. I won't be deserting TAW2.0!! :thumbsup:

Does this mean there might be an EF2000 'pit developed for BMS4? :superscare: Even a F16 'pit with EF2000 external ...... ooooops! Need the toilet, nearly wet myself. ;)

Hawk about the Throttle it is set by default to your slider on the throttle. you will need to change it too your Z Axis

Does this mean there might be an EF2000 'pit developed for BMS4? :superscare: Even a F16 'pit with EF2000 external ...... ooooops! Need the toilet, nearly wet myself. ;)

10screenshotEF2000wide.jpg

14screenshotEF2000wide.jpg

Aeyes did this for FreeFalcon, so I'm sure it will happen.

10screenshotEF2000wide.jpg

14screenshotEF2000wide.jpg

Aeyes did this for FreeFalcon, so I'm sure it will happen.

I MISSED THIS POST!!!! Oh ...... I'm now getting all weepy ....... :P

Hawk about the Throttle it is set by default to your slider on the throttle. you will need to change it too your Z Axis

I am using the Z Axis. No problem now with throt.

Z-AXIS.gif

The in-game X & Y axis is way to sensitive. I tend to over control.

Any fix for that? I know be gentle & deliberate, right?

It didn't take more than the blink of an eye. Well picked HF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombat1940 at 72nd VFW

Hi Toad ....... See .....I do remember you, but my short term memory is as selective as ever. Been flying an F22 over at TAW2.0, including MP. Saw the release of BMS4 and made me thing of AF and the 72nd. Thinking of getting up to speed with Falcon4AF. Again you say.

Hope you're well.

Mal

Hi Wombat, nice to hear from you. We are going to be moving to BMS in the 72nd. And, we have a new website! go to www.72ndvfw.org

It didn't take more than the blink of an eye. Well picked HF.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wombat1940 at 72nd VFW

Hi Toad ....... See .....I do remember you, but my short term memory is as selective as ever. Been flying an F22 over at TAW2.0, including MP. Saw the release of BMS4 and made me thing of AF and the 72nd. Thinking of getting up to speed with Falcon4AF. Again you say.

Hope you're well.

Mal

Hi Wombat, nice to hear from you. We are going to be moving to BMS in the 72nd. And, we have a new website! go to www.72ndvfw.org

More from the 72nd VFW.

http://www.72ndvfw.org/frphpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=236

@Hawkx: They're beta testing it. IMHO now is the chance to warn them about your findings and the X52 ......

That sure as hell beats my superpak 4.2, i suddenly feel a stronger urge to upgrade kit, that's fantastic!!......just hope that lady with the sexy voice is still in that control tower in this version. :icon_bow:

just hope that lady with the sexy voice is still in that control tower in this version. :icon_bow:

She's still there. You just have to compete with Wombat for her affections. :rofl: