COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4 Out

A dual!, takeoff at dawn!, missiles and guns allowed, i'll have the missiles and Wombat can have the guns.....sounds fair to me :lol:

Redfalcon,

You're new to the forum, so your confidence in this matter is understandable. However, you will soon learn one of the groundrules of Combatsim: one that enjoys the company of such precepts as "Never get involved in land wars in Asia" and "Never match wits with a Sicilian when death is on the line."

This axiom is, of course:

Fear the Wombatinator!

wombatinator_729875.jpg

Thanks for bailing me out HF ...... of course I'd be supremely confident in a 1 v 1 against Red' Just my number of posts would be a huge advantage. And look at my ranking here: Major General against a major. :lol:

@ Red'.

In regard to your " .....possible involvement with Falcon BMS 4.32 ...... " you need to read this. PLEASE NOTE YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED. Signed the BG. ;)

@Red and others.

I'll be there at 18:00:00 Sunday for MP. :thumbsup: Gees ...... I've committed myself to a 5.00am start. :(

y time at

Falcon BMS 4.32.....i will see you soon!....upgrading end of month. :thumbsup:

I'm a member over at the 72nd VFW (one of there pilots prepared

video clip). I've even had one MP flight with them and been accepted to commence flight training. As of yet I have not taken up the opportunity. This video is just the procedure for landing and might explain why, and also, why I spend most of my time with TAW2.0. ;)

I'm getting a slight tearing without 'vertical sync' enabled, but if i enable vertical sync then at certain times fps can drop to 30 FPS ( i.e. during explosions, and heavy rain effects) but its smooth and no tearing, by the way I have OCD ( obsessive compulsive disorder) so my attention to detail is probably extreme! :lol:

I'm getting a slight tearing without 'vertical sync' enabled, but if i enable vertical sync then at certain times fps can drop to 30 FPS ( i.e. during explosions, and heavy rain effects) but its smooth and no tearing, by the way I have OCD ( obsessive compulsive disorder) so my attention to detail is probably extreme! :lol:

Hope its not as bad as Battie's. :P Talk about pedantic. :rolleyes:

Well I can't understand this BMS, if I run it in a lower resolution and disable all the shader's and stuff you still get the explosion slowdowns, in-fact BMS runs faster at the highest resolution I have!?......that just doesn't make sense??. :blink:......Its the same slowdowns you got with the original falcon 4 and superpak!, same missions (i.e. maverick training).

The explosions are a known issue. Go to the configuration settings (using F4Patch, not in-game itself) and set it for minimal particle settings (I can't remember exactly what it's called, but you can find it). That will help with close-aboard explosions.

Well to be honest all those fancy shader's start to pee you off after the initial WOW factor...I've started taking them off and the funny thing is I'm actually enjoying flying it with all them off, including cockpit reflections!, you get to see more of action better, that rippling water effect started to really bother me......I've got it looking like Superpak 4.2 now! :lol: , bizarre!, and I got a constant 60FPS during Maverick Training Mission :thumbsup:

Hey I'm noticing weird behavior with BMS, like if I look in certain directions where nothing is really happening, just green fields and stuff the FPS drops to 40, and thats maxed out!, yet if you disable all the fancy stuff and that, and go back to same place in mission it still drops to 40, sometimes 38 FPS??, and even if you drop resolution down to 800x600???....what can still be slowing it down?, its bizarre! :unsure:

hey Red do you have VSync Enabled?? If so that will limit your FPS to the HZ of your Monitor.. I know you posted about some tearing but for kicks if you have VSync ON try turning it OFF temporarily and see if your FPS jump up..

with my system I was getting around 80fps..

hey Red do you have VSync Enabled?? If so that will limit your FPS to the HZ of your Monitor.. I know you posted about some tearing but for kicks if you have VSync ON try turning it OFF temporarily and see if your FPS jump up..with my system I was getting around 80fps..

I need the vertical sync on because the tearing without it is noticeable to me, with the Vsync on I get 60-61 FPS which is really smooth, but kept dropping to 30-40 FPS during Maverick Mission and those really big airports with loads of buildings and also the Raining Training mission!...but with the Game Booster thing its running 60-61 FPS all the time so-far fingers crossed!,I'm not sure what the best Nvidia settings for BMS should be?....That Game Booster did nothing for my old laptop if I remember correctly but works great for BMS, I think its because something in Windows 7 is slowing BMS, even on really low graphic settings!, and the Game Booster shuts them off whatever it is?

EDIT: With the Vsync off I get over 200 FPS mostly!, but still drops to 30 or 40 FPS at times without the Game Booster.

20120206150247.jpg;)

Lots of people are noticing a stuttering with BMS at times, even people with GTX 590 cards!?.....must be a problem with the game, Kimpo is a big FPS killer, and that airport near the front line that begins with an 'M'?....hundreds of ground units there, I must say that for good game play TAW 2.0 is better.

How the hell does this game drop from 250 FPS down to 40 FPS at Kimpo airport and over the front lines??....think I'll get Allied Force but that probably slows down as well?

Those settings look fine, Red. The only thing I can think of that's causing the slowdown is the object density in the area you overfly. This is especially true around the FLOT in campaigns, and Kimpo isn't too far from the 38th. The legacy Falcon code still uses a lot of CPU vice GPU, though much of that was alleviated with BMS.

HF I've been looking at that log file in BMS and I had a lot of pictures I took in it and stuff, when I deleted every thing inside the log file it improved FPS quite a lot but haven't flown in campaign yet to test out fully but looks like if you have anything in the log file no matter how small it will affect your FPS.

Jeez, Red. I completely forgot about the logfile. That thing will balloon to a huge size if you don't disable it. There's a simple way to do it, but I can't remember exactly how. It can be found on the BMS forums, though.

Yeah I've found how to shut it down but it still manages to get 3 error message files into the LOG folder:

File 1:

PtHeaderDataTable[0].features[0]=0 >= Objective[0]'s Features 0

PtHeaderDataTable[0].features[1]=0 >= Objective[0]'s Features 0

PtHeaderDataTable[0].features[2]=0 >= Objective[0]'s Features 0

PtHeaderDataTable[0].features[3]=0 >= Objective[0]'s Features 0

PtHeaderDataTable[0].features[4]=0 >= Objective[0]'s Features 0

File 2:

Warning: Missing File 16_ckpit.dat. Default Used.

Warning: Missing File 16_plock.dat. Default Used.

File 3:

LoadSFX() didn't load 258:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\avengstart.ogg

LoadSFX() didn't load 259:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\avengstarte.ogg

LoadSFX() didn't load 260:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\avengend.ogg

LoadSFX() didn't load 261:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\avengende.ogg

LoadSFX() didn't load 262:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\avengloop.ogg

LoadSFX() didn't load 263:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\avengloope.ogg

LoadSFX() didn't load 264:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\engines/fighter/a-10/Ext.ogg

LoadSFX() didn't load 265:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\A10Int.ogg

LoadSFX() didn't load 277:C:\Falcon BMS 4.32\Data\sounds\sndAero1.ogg

Is there a way to block entry to the folder so BMS can't put anything in it at all?

EDIT: I even deleted the LOG folder all together but BMS just recreates it.

P.S. I installed BMS on my old laptop and got 3 FPS max :lol: