Home Fries

Falcon 4.0 BMS 4 Out

194 posts in this topic

OK this is my last post on BMS 4 (thank god I hear you say ;) ).......well anyway turns out that wherever I fly in BMS, even over the FLOT DAY 1 in Tiger Spirit and Iron Fortress campaigns I get smooth 60 FPS (Vsync ON), and no crashes!, and all this at stock 3.30 GHz......but with Rolling Fire campaign I get major slowdowns once I fly north past Kimpo, even if Overclocked as high as 4.5 GHz also I get a FCR radar crash if I select HARMS but only north of KIMPO Rolling Fire campaign, other crashes too!.....so my conclusion is that the Rolling Fire campaign has major bugs and is porked!.....apart from that little gripe I quite like BMS now. :P

....Red out.

well that could be possible I will check out the ithger theaters and see what my PC does to verify.. But I am glad you are still going to continue to Fly F4 in is such a Immersive sim..

Yeah Neph, BMS at 1920x1200 rez is real smooth for me now, its just the Rolling Fire campaign I'm getting slowdowns with, but I can't really fly that campaign anyway because I get CTD's with it.

Well thats it then, with the release of the new IT-BMS theater all my gripes are over, great FPS!.................and what a pretty theater!.

I just DL it last night looking to install now.. I seen the Screens cant wait to see it in Triplescreen..

Neph make sure your 'SEASON' is set to 'SUMMER' otherwise it messes with the IT-BMS tiles, I had 'FALL' selected for the season when I first installed and it caused major problems, strange graphic anomalies and big FPS drops, switched season back to summer and everything running smooth now.

EDIT: you also need Update 1 installed too before installing the IT-BMS theater.

Well luckily I had all those requirments met by chance.. I did fly in that theater for a min alot of desert will have to find the Dead Sea..

Hawk about the Throttle it is set by default to your slider on the throttle. you will need to change it too your Z Axis

\

Could someone tell me how to do that in freefalcon? Mine is using the slider.

\

Could someone tell me how to do that in freefalcon? Mine is using the slider.

NOT sure but check the Options menu for the Controller it may have an advanced menu to do the Slider..

Just an update on my FPS, got it running smooth pretty much all the time now, even with bad weather.....Day 1 campaign, yeah I'm pretty pleased with BMS now, looking forward to Track IR.

20120421165434.jpg

20120421165443.jpg

Well I'm now into day 3 of campaign and all I'm getting now is boring BARCAP missions, fly around for an hour doing sod all, not a bad guy in sight. -_- zzzzzZZZZZ

You need to avoid the borecap missions and fly some air to ground. CAS is really hard, so start with regular strikes.

Well all I was been offered was BARCAP from day 2 to day 3 -_- zzzzzZZZZZ:

20120710211437.jpg

but now I'm being offered SEAD STRIKE missions again this morning which is good, I haven't been offered CAS yet, looking forward to one of those. :icon_rock:

Usually when there's nothing but borecap on the menu, I'll fast forward the campaign until some strikes show up. Usually this is the lull in the battle rhythm, as the hardware used for strike packages is down for maintenance, refuelling, and rearming.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to try CAS. It's very difficult, and you want to make yourself familiar with the maverick so much that you can acquire and bag two point targets (i.e. vehicles) on a single pass. Try interdiction first, as you will be able to do this without the risk of hitting friendlies; identification becomes the other major factor in a CAS role.

This is an awesome Sim, I'm back too good missions, but hell it rocks!, FPS with Track IR is as close to real life FPS, which is crucial for me in a Sim, but hell every day uncovers something new....awesome!, thanks for helping with my rig build HF and Neph!, I didn't have a clue about modern hardware........I'm happy with BMS. :thumbsup:

Hello everyone :)

I installed Falcoon 4.0 ( not BMS!) on my mac and i have read the game ist playable with mouse...is that true?

And when, how can i turn on the mouse control optional to the joystick?

Thanks for any help!

I don't know about the Mac version of F4, but in the PC versions the mouse is used for avionics manipulation (e.g. switches, buttons, etc.). It is possible to fly F4 with the keyboard, but given the level of fidelity with the Falcon sims, I highly recommend using a joystick, and preferably a HOTAS setup.

Hmm i have heard somwhere that you can use the mouse like a joystick. If anybody knows something about that who has a mac too that would be great!

but thanks for your answer home fries!

is falcon 4.0 bms playable with mouse instead of an joystick?