193 replies to this topic

#181 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

Neph make sure your 'SEASON' is set to 'SUMMER' otherwise it messes with the IT-BMS tiles, I had 'FALL' selected for the season when I first installed and it caused major problems, strange graphic anomalies and big FPS drops, switched season back to summer and everything running smooth now.

EDIT: you also need Update 1 installed too before installing the IT-BMS theater.

#182 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

Well luckily I had all those requirments met by chance.. I did fly in that theater for a min alot of desert will have to find the Dead Sea..

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#183 Skyro

Skyro

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Hawk about the Throttle it is set by default to your slider on the throttle. you will need to change it too your Z Axis

\

Could someone tell me how to do that in freefalcon? Mine is using the slider.

#184 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:53 PM

\

Could someone tell me how to do that in freefalcon? Mine is using the slider.

NOT sure but check the Options menu for the Controller it may have an advanced menu to do the Slider..

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#185 Eugene

Eugene

Captain

• The HULL
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:47 PM

Neph! Where have you been? Not seen you on TS for a week or two.
Eugene
CoreDuo E6850
MSI P6N 680i Diamond
BFG N460 GTX Cyclone 1GD5 OC
Forceware 280.26
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
WinXP Pro
2 gig RAM
Saitek X52 PRO

#186 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Just an update on my FPS, got it running smooth pretty much all the time now, even with bad weather.....Day 1 campaign, yeah I'm pretty pleased with BMS now, looking forward to Track IR.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#187 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Well I'm now into day 3 of campaign and all I'm getting now is boring BARCAP missions, fly around for an hour doing sod all, not a bad guy in sight. -_- zzzzzZZZZZ

#188 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

You need to avoid the borecap missions and fly some air to ground. CAS is really hard, so start with regular strikes.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#189 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:42 AM

Well all I was been offered was BARCAP from day 2 to day 3 -_- zzzzzZZZZZ:

Posted Image

but now I'm being offered SEAD STRIKE missions again this morning which is good, I haven't been offered CAS yet, looking forward to one of those. :icon_rock:

#190 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:17 AM

Usually when there's nothing but borecap on the menu, I'll fast forward the campaign until some strikes show up. Usually this is the lull in the battle rhythm, as the hardware used for strike packages is down for maintenance, refuelling, and rearming.

Don't be in too much of a hurry to try CAS. It's very difficult, and you want to make yourself familiar with the maverick so much that you can acquire and bag two point targets (i.e. vehicles) on a single pass. Try interdiction first, as you will be able to do this without the risk of hitting friendlies; identification becomes the other major factor in a CAS role.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
Posted Image

#191 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

This is an awesome Sim, I'm back too good missions, but hell it rocks!, FPS with Track IR is as close to real life FPS, which is crucial for me in a Sim, but hell every day uncovers something new....awesome!, thanks for helping with my rig build HF and Neph!, I didn't have a clue about modern hardware........I'm happy with BMS. :thumbsup:

#192 Sgr A*

Sgr A*

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

Hello everyone :)

I installed Falcoon 4.0 ( not BMS!) on my mac and i have read the game ist playable with mouse...is that true?
And when, how can i turn on the mouse control optional to the joystick?

Thanks for any help!

#193 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

I don't know about the Mac version of F4, but in the PC versions the mouse is used for avionics manipulation (e.g. switches, buttons, etc.). It is possible to fly F4 with the keyboard, but given the level of fidelity with the Falcon sims, I highly recommend using a joystick, and preferably a HOTAS setup.
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#194 Sgr A*

Sgr A*

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 08:04 AM

Hmm i have heard somwhere that you can use the mouse like a joystick. If anybody knows something about that who has a mac too that would be great!

but thanks for your answer home fries!

is falcon 4.0 bms playable with mouse instead of an joystick?