COMBATSIM Forum
Wombat1940

Battie in training for MP ......

Good stuff, Hawkx!

Guys, there's a new BMS Wiki up. Battie, you may want to talk to your 72nd bretheren and see if they'll authorize their posts to be put on the wiki (with hat tips and credit, of course).

Good stuff, Hawkx!

Guys, there's a new BMS Wiki up. Battie, you may want to talk to your 72nd bretheren and see if they'll authorize their posts to be put on the wiki (with hat tips and credit, of course).

Good stuff, Home Fries!

Cockpit Flood-Lighting

That's what I was looking for. There must be a knob, good illustration.

I found this helpfull ..........

Well done Hawkx. There is so must help available out there it hard to keep up and more importantly disseminate it to others. HF showed me about the cockpit lights and I assumed we all new about it here. And as for the Tut produced by Krause. :o I'd missed it totally. I'd seen others by him but not that one. Hold on ...... I'll get the link .... STOP!! Found maybe something that's cover the above and move. Just leave it to others to decide. Not even sure it includes the one above .... http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?40-Screenshots-amp-Videos

EDIT: Hawkx's link is the BMS Wiki site. .....its all getting too hard ...... :P

Battie, you may want to talk to your 72nd bretheren and see if they'll authorize their posts to be put on the wiki (with hat tips and credit, of course).

I'll talk to Toad about it. I'll publicly say here that I am uncomfortable about the BMS4 Forum. Flaming seems acceptable (sorry ..... uncontrolled). As a consequence I removed all my posts from the forum. I can say lots of stupid things and give lots of silly advice here, without being ridiculed. I hope. :lol: But I wouldn't be game over there. My comments regarding BMS4 Falcon, ridiculous or otherwise are made here and 72nd VFW. Naturally I'll leave it to the 72nd administrators as to whether they want to participate in the BMS4 Wiki. Under present circumstances I won't be.

Thanks for the really good help today from Maizpan and Home Fries regarding setting up my Tower Comms on the WDP and DTC together with validing my use of the ICP/DED/NWS and taxing/runway/take-off procedures. Its locked in for me now with my choice of UHF and VHF frequencies optimized on the ground. The DED is not working properly, as we noted, but I feel that details on that bug would be better conveyed to BMS by others more competent than me. Besides it is a distraction I don't need at the moment. I have to get competent in the F16 'pit so I can go fly MP.

I can now get here down safely again, so its on to weapon delivery (AA and AG) and I think I'll be ready. Don't want you blokes getting too far ahead of me. :lol:

This landing business has got easier.

1. Call the Tower and declare an emergency. [<t> <3>]

2. Drop the wheels below 270knots. <g>

3. Get the aircraft on the glide path with the 2.5 degrees line aligned with the end of the runway.

4. Get the FPM to point at the end of the runway.

5. Juggle the throttle to get and maintain the 13 degree A of A.

6. Touch down.

7. Engage the NWS. [<shft> < / >]

8. Brake. <k>

If you have the keystrokes programmed to your 'stick its even easier. "Easier"? Can't believe I would ever say that about landing. :P

I'll talk to Toad about it. I'll publicly say here that I am uncomfortable about the BMS4 Forum. Flaming seems acceptable (sorry ..... uncontrolled). As a consequence I removed all my posts from the forum. I can say lots of stupid things and give lots of silly advice here, without being ridiculed. I hope. :lol: But I wouldn't be game over there. My comments regarding BMS4 Falcon, ridiculous or otherwise are made here and 72nd VFW. Naturally I'll leave it to the 72nd administrators as to whether they want to participate in the BMS4 Wiki. Under present circumstances I won't be.

Sorry to hear that Wombat but you know if we did rib you it would surely be a jest ;) I hope you realise that here..

I probally speak for others when I say we are Glad to have you around and you are a Good person Fun to be around and a happy bloke..hehe!!

Oh by the way I hope a BLOKE is NOT BAD LOL!!

I would like to add 1 more thing quit selling yourself short especially things realted to F4 we are ALL LEarning aand MP is where it needs to happen. I dont think we are real worried much about completing a mission or getting shot down that is what the SIMULATOR is For PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE.. and the best plae to learn is MP..

Sorry to hear that Wombat but you know if we did rib you it would surely be a jest ;) I hope you realise that here..

I probally speak for others when I say we are Glad to have you around and you are a Good person Fun to be around and a happy bloke..hehe!!

Oh by the way I hope a BLOKE is NOT BAD LOL!!

I would like to add 1 more thing quit selling yourself short especially things realted to F4 we are ALL LEarning aand MP is where it needs to happen. I dont think we are real worried much about completing a mission or getting shot down that is what the SIMULATOR is For PRACTISE PRACTISE PRACTISE.. and the best plae to learn is MP..

Thanks Neph. I know you all accept me here, because of all the s**t you sling. :lol: If you stopped slinging it, then maybe I would have a problem. ;)

Edit: If your a "bloke" in Oz its a good thing. Its a complement. One of the boys. We're all good blokes 'ere mate. :thumbsup:

Naturally I'll leave it to the 72nd administrators as to whether they want to participate in the BMS4 Wiki. Under present circumstances I won't be.

Just so you understand, Wombat, the BMS Wiki is not affiliated with the BMS Forums, other than that's where Krause (the guy who did the tutorial videos) posted the idea.

Just so you understand, Wombat, the BMS Wiki is not affiliated with the BMS Forums, other than that's where Krause (the guy who did the tutorial videos) posted the idea.

But its associated with BMS? Not that it matters. One bad poster there's not going affect my overall appreciation and support for the work they are doing. Here's to BMS. :thumbsup:

It's not affiliated. Just something Krause wanted to start.

Roger.

I'm now into weapon training, This is a different story. :( Where's my shoot list ..... ;) What would other pilots suggest initially: Boresight and heaters? I need somebody one on one in MP to walk me through it. Any takers ...... ?

Roger.

I'm now into weapon training, This is a different story. :( Where's my shoot list ..... ;) What would other pilots suggest initially: Boresight and heaters? I need somebody one on one in MP to walk me through it. Any takers ...... ?

Are you talking about basic AMRAAM employment (i.e. the tutorial missions), or tactical AMRAAM employment (i.e. engaging bad guys)? Two different subjects, and you need to be able to do basic before graduating to advanced.

Are you talking about basic AMRAAM employment (i.e. the tutorial missions), or tactical AMRAAM employment (i.e. engaging bad guys)? Two different subjects, and you need to be able to do basic before graduating to advanced.

The basic, basic. :( I can't even get a weapon to leave the rail ..... :lol: I've just remembered those excellent video tutorials the I tell everybody else about. Might be an idea if I had a look at them. :rolleyes:

well basically here is a sort of

:

1. Master Arm ON

2. Radar ON

3. Lock Target on radar.

4. DECLARE AWACS

5. If a Enemy hold fire button down for 1 second if in range..

6. Missile leaves the rail..

7. REadjust TRIM..

One new thing in BMS (new as compared to AF, anyway): you must hold the pickle button for at least a second for the missile to leave the rail. This is realistic, as it takes this long for the data to be downloaded to the missile.

In other words, just hold it down until it leaves the rail. If it never leaves the rail, then you have issues.