COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Redfalcon

The Russians did this!.......welldone!

I played Elite on a Commodore 64. I found it to be a very addictive game, really loved it. I played Elite Frontier on an Amiga 500, I still enjoyed it and liked the improved graphics. That was a long time ago.

Addictive it surely was..

I played it on the BBC Micro back in 1984 and got to Elite status sometime in 1985....and that's by shooting the required number of enemies, not using the cheat that was released for certain machines.

What was weird was after doing the missions to the other galaxies, I got homesick for the starting planet of Lave...

I didn't use any cheats either. Started at Lave with nothing, worked hard trading, upgrading, scooping fuel from suns to save credits, blasted asteroids and scooped minerals, killed bad guys including the dreaded Thargoids. Killing the mother ship was a challenge, but it was worth it.

Yeah the Thargoid laser was a good thing to get, along with all them alien artifacts to flog for cash, i done alot of work for the Imperial Naval, i just liked them for some reason?.....and even though the 'Crimson Brassard' was a fairly easy early medal to get its still my favorite one, because it sounds good!....'Crimson Brassard'.....Yeah ;)