#21 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Neph,

You should definitely go to the ASUS Pres with that. Not only did they not honor your warranty, but they falsely deflected the blame to your CPU without properly testing your mobo.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#22 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

Neph,

You should definitely go to the ASUS Pres with that. Not only did they not honor your warranty, but they falsely deflected the blame to your CPU without properly testing your mobo.

Yes I am going to be mailing a letter to the President of Asus and tell them the stuff they tried to pull..I am still NOT sure Exactly what they did to the board when they had it and they did NOT see any notes on what was done when I called tech...

Well this morning I nearly blew a gasket when the yguy asked me for the Serial Number of the Board I was like ok where is it. He stated it was a sticker near the PCIe Slot and I did NOT see it and he immedietely said we atre NOT going to Honor the warranty because they could NOT identify the board with a Serial number..

Man I almost lost it and the guy put me on hold and told me too cool off.. Well I did and turns out that I qualified since I sent the board in one time that they will once they confirm I shipped the old board they will send me a new Mobo..

Yes luckily the Guy I took it too did NOT charge me for the Service call. But to have them say it was everything other then the Mobo is a Huge Error on their part and part of the reason I will be writing the President of Asus about my dissatisfaction with thier Tech support and the practices they where implementing..

Also HF on a Side Not TAW is unable to run I get a error I think it was similar to the One with the HOTAS was not the Default device?? NOT sure hope you are on Tonight I will be there early like at 7PM EST..

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#23 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 10:14 AM

Well just got word that they said the Repair is Completed and they have shipped thge board back to me??

I am thinking the same thing will happen again and it is gonna cost me 30 Bucks to find out..

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

#24 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

Well Time Marches on and still NO Board ??? WTH!!This SUCK's with Capitals

2095164.png

#25 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Neph you need to get the bus down there and see them in person, ask them what hell is going on!?, if you get any lip just reply in a nice natured manor, ask for a new board and walk out happy.

#26 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

Well I got the Board back but will NOT be able to test it until next week sometime..Well I just hope it is fixed this time..

2095164.png

#27 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:46 PM

Well Currently I am considering keepin this board and just make a 2nd PC with it too play some other sims with my Old School 3D Setup..

All I need is get a new PSU and use the old one on the 2nd PC. Get a CPU and MemoryI still have an old 7950GT I can use I think it is still good..

I may just do that as some yoyo put the same board used for 100bucks hardly even worth selling now..

2095164.png

#28 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:12 PM

Make a rig for B-17 flying fortress.....I really liked that Sim, ain't tried 'B-17 The Mighty Eight' yet though so might look into that today.

#29 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 06:31 AM

well I still have not tested the mobo hopefully it will work and I will not need to open another case..

gonna be about 8 days till I get some money to get the board tested, I plan on building a 2nd PC to use my old ED 3D Glasses with TAW and JF/18..

2095164.png

#30 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 03:08 PM

I've acheived no slowdown status at Oject density 6 with BMS but had to drop to 1440x900 res with AA and AF switched off completely, and thats fine with me......a smooth combat flight sim is all I'm after.

#31 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:41 PM

Well Small UPDATE to my Rig..

I just got in the mail my other eVGA 480GTX and 1100Watt PSU.. I have it all hooked up and looking good just need to figure out why I can NOT get nVidia Surround mode to work but SLI and ROF is a Thing of Beaty..WOW is Cool to now Super Smooth

2095164.png

#32 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:56 PM

Well done Neph.......but on this upgrade subject I'd like to add that I've looked at vids of Flaming Cliffs, RoF, etc, etc and yes graphically they look ok, but they look more like moving pictures than a real engaging game, EF2000 win 95 is fast flowing, in TE or Campaign or any situation....I love it!!

#33 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

Just remember, Red, that often the frames on a video are less than what you can achieve with your own card.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#34 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Point taken. :thumbsup: ..........I guess new Sims WILL make good use of an i5!?, unlike BMS.

#35 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:29 PM

Point taken. :thumbsup: ..........I guess new Sims WILL make good use of an i5!?, unlike BMS.

Well BMS I'm Sure makes good use of the i5 not sure why you say it does not?? I thought you said that the Rolling Fire Campaign was porked and not really F4 Fault??

2095164.png

#36 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

As Boxer said, BMS does not make good use of multi cores, its all to do with the old code, I proved this by reproducing the same slowdowns with Superpak 4.2!, on my i5!, so BMS is basically a make over for the graphics and flight model but it does not address the old code problems.

EDIT: and more evidence for this......the settings that work for me with BMS also work for Superpak 4.2, the slowdowns I get are exactly the same as I get in Superpak 4.2, Superpack 4.2 actually runs faster with only minor slowdowns on my old 1.8 GHz laptop with old VIA S3g unichrome video card.

#37 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

WOW I think this new theater is fantastic, and with the desert landscape its bound to be great for FPS.

#38 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820233220

Bought this SSD Can NOT wait to test it's performance on my PC..

2095164.png

#39 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:03 PM

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820233220

Bought this SSD Can NOT wait to test it's performance on my PC..

So whats the verdict Neph?, any better?......I suppose it would only improve Sims that access the hard drive constantly?

#40 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

well I can let you know Monday.. I should get it then and I have to reinstall windows and such so it will be a while before I have a verdict.. But from what I been hearing it should benefit me greatly..

2095164.png