• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Hey Guys,

I have the SSD Installed and all working took about 6 hours to get it all setup and running.. Fresh install of windows and my programs..
Seems a bit quicker but I am going to run some SSD Benchmarks to see the real deal and so far the bootup time has been cut in half and takes about 6 seconds to turn Off..Really cool so far will let you know the more I run it..

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#42 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:00 PM

well after much agony getting this SSD Perfected and installed properly it looks as thos I have finally achieved it..

I had reinstalled windows twice almost 3 times in 3 days.. Now I am going to call Corsair to find out for sure but I had to align the SSD After I installed windows.. well the first time I did that When I rebooted windows didnt boot so I just reinstalled windows but I found out ltr I just needed to run a Repair windows to get it set back after I aligned the SSD..

WEll I had reinstalled windows and then Aligned the SSD. I also had updated the Chipset Drivers the Asus said was released in Dec. but I didnt see it last month when I checked perhaps I looked at the wrong numbers or something but having Aligned the SSD and the new Chipset Drivers the SSD is running Optimally and I am getting some good benchmarks..

I did Notice that bootup times went from 1 minute to about 30 seconds FULL Bootup..When I shut Off it takes about 5-7 seconds to turn Off completely down from about 15 seconds before..

I have noticed installing Games and such is REal fast as is when the game like WoW when switching maps or something load times are much faste.. No longer lagging out waiting for the new map to load it loads pretty quick..

No I have NOT Noticed ANY FPS increases as it shouldnt effect those where it shines is load times..Much Faster and I think I am a happy Camper for a while with my System I finally got together after some months of Assembling the different parts..

I am know thinking New DLP Projectors. I am looking at Acers 120HZ 3D DLP PRojectors Reason being the Bulb life is about 5000Hours vs 2500 with my current Proj. Plus the FPS in games will be increased as I am limited to the Refresh Rate whilst in #D and my Refresh Rate is Only 75 so half of that is what my FPS are in most games..

Now with the 120Hz Proj. I should get at least 60FPS and as most know that is what is Optimal as that is what we see IRL.. Well hopefully I should get them inabout 2 months time.. I plan on buying 1 soon then 2 more over the next 2 months..

I am going to have to think about this and see if I can do it reasonably fast I would like to get them ALL and use them from Hour 1 ALL at the same time as to keep the Bulb on an even keel and should keep Color/Brightness matching a little easier..

As with DLP Projectors the longer the bulb life the Dimmer it gets by some degree. and if the Lamps are at different Hours the Screen Brightness needs to be compinsated which is a PITA to get Right..

As for the Old Projectors I will probally sell them on Ebay or something or at my Sisters Store???

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

#43 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hey Neph good useful post!. :thumbsup: .........if I had a 120hz monitor instead of a 60hz would that boost BMS?.

#44 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hey Neph good useful post!. :thumbsup: .........if I had a 120hz monitor instead of a 60hz would that boost BMS?.

Well it probally would since you use vertical sync..

But I did find this bit of info to find out if you need to align your Drive:

An easy way to see if your drive is aligned or not is to run "msinfo32" from Start|Run. Choose "Components", "Storage", "Disks" and find your SSD. Look for "Partition Starting Offset" and see that it is divisible by 1024. If so, it is aligned. If not, it is not. The usual value for an aligned SSD is 1,048,576 bytes

2095164.png

#45 Eugene

Eugene

Captain

• The HULL
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 08:13 PM

Neph, you really did go on a shopping spree (again)! Heroic attempts to help fix the economy! Plus...it worked!!
Congrats.
Eugene
CoreDuo E6850
MSI P6N 680i Diamond
BFG N460 GTX Cyclone 1GD5 OC
Forceware 280.26
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
WinXP Pro
2 gig RAM
Saitek X52 PRO

#46 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

Neph, you really did go on a shopping spree (again)! Heroic attempts to help fix the economy! Plus...it worked!!
Congrats.

Yes Eugen I am always shopping so damn addicted not sure if I can stop LOL!! I love Buying new stuff..I been buying alot of new 3D Blu Ray movies. I just bought 7 Wonders of the Universe and Dinosaurs Alive in 3D Blu ray should be interesting..

I am also planning on buying a TV Tuner Card and new Set Top Box for Cable to see If I can get the 3D channels on my PC.. I am alos going to be getting a new Network Color Printer..

Hopefully with in two weeks.. so there I go on another shopping spree! I need help ;)

2095164.png

#47 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:47 AM

I'm going to purchase Track IR 5, but having trouble finding a store that sell's it!, so looks like it might have to be an online purchase which I'm never keen on.

#48 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:45 PM

Hey Red,

Why are you NOt keen on an online purchase?? Perhaps I can offer some help??

2095164.png

#49 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:45 PM

Oh its just that when you shop on-line you have to been in the house when the parcel arrives, but you never know what day its coming, or time?, plus these modern day hackers can hack anything these days so IMO its just a matter of time before someone nicks your credit card details!. :rolleyes: .......I like to go to the store, buy it there and then, transport it home myself, and have it all done and dusted in one day!....hassle free. B)

#50 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Yes I can see that..But finding a TrackIR in a Brick and mortar store is going to be a tough one.. I dont think I ever seen it at anystore besides Online..

MicroCenter may have them but that doesnt do you any good..

2095164.png

#51 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

Well thanks for that Neph but I've found a local place that has it, so will hopefully have Track IR 5 by next week, .......just one other thing, it was quite a warm day yesterday and I noticed my idle temps were higher than normal, normal been 24-28c, yesterday they were 34-36!, their back to the 20's today though, so warm days must affect cpu temps!?.....I'm running real temp all the time now with alarm set to 70c, just for added protection, but during normal game play I'm usually no higher than 61c max, so think I'm ok....OC'd to 4.3.......apparentley some one on BMS forum reckons 4.77 is ideal for BMS, but I'm happy with 4.3, its working good for me.

#52 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

oh my lucky you ;)

I found that going over 4.5 on air is NOT doable and be stable.. you may get 4.7 if on a water cooler but it may be unstable depends on how efficient your cooler is..if you are on AIR DO NOT goto 4.7.. if on a water cooler you could try it and then stress test it with lynx or intel burn test whilst Monitoring yout CPU Temps..

2095164.png

#53 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

Well I gave up on the store because they did not have the Track Clip with it.......so I'm waiting for delivery of:

TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro Bundle and Vector Clip

so hopefully have it within a few days. ;)

#54 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Wow, just received my Track IR 5, setting it up now! :anim_bounce: