Photo

Where's the Wombatinator? What's he been up to?!?! - Heads up! The Wombatinator strikes again!

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#1 Eagle_Flight

Eagle_Flight

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:36 AM

Hey guys :) As you probably know, Wombat's been busy with 'other stuff' lately... Or so he claims! Why won't he fly with us any more?? Is he busy flying elsewhere?

Well the internet revealed the truth to me while wasting time browsing for a cup of funny researching on very important matters.

I will let the picture speak for it's self:

Posted Image
SimHQ Teapspeak 3 Server:
http://www.simhq.com...ultiplayer.html

Backup Teamspeak 3 Server:
Spoiler

My Internet Connection:
Spoiler

[color="#000000"]-
Rig:
ASUS Barebone with P5945GC MoBo - CPU Intel C2D E8400 @ 3 Ghz - ATI HD5570 - 4 GB DDR2 RAM - HOTAS Thrustmaster X-Flight

#2 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

It surprises me that someone who has to eject more often than not would jump out of planes for recreation as well!* :rofl: :rofl:

Great find, Eagle!

* Just kidding, Wombat. You can fly on my wing anytime.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#3 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:19 AM

Eagle, that gave me another thought. Perhaps we need a Batman logo as a tail flash. Something for the next beta...
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
Posted Image

#4 Wombat1940

Wombat1940

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 4,563 posts
  • Interests:Fight Sims, Motorbikes, Grand-children and a favorite Neighbour.

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:35 AM

Thanks boys :P :P . I'm still around.
Few health issues to fix. But I'm working on it. Not all health issues are of a physical nature unfortunately.
Also, not a big one for change and the new forum layout was one step up I didn't need
Take care.

Custom built PC:Hardware:

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel ® i7 920 2.67Ghz CPU, 8Gb Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 (896Mb mem) video card with Direct X9c, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.

Partitioned HDD:

Software, 1st partition: XP Home SP3 32bit OS  with3.25Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4, nGlide Wrapper 1600x1200 (Gamma Correction 1.2).

Software, 2nd partition: Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit OS with 6Gb available memory running DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

MSI GE60 OND-288AU Notebook:Hardware:

15.6" (16 x 9) 1920 x 1080 HD anti-glare LCD screen, Intel ® Core ™ i7-3630QM 3rd Gen 3630QM Intel Core X64-based CPU, Intel HM76 Chipset with Turbo Drive Engine and Cooler Boost Technology, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory in two slots, NVIDIA Geforce GTX660M 3D Graphics Card with Direct X11, 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics VRAM, 750Gb SATA 7200 rpm HDD, Blue-Ray Optical drive, Saitek X52 joystick (alternatively, MS Sidewinder), Sierra USB Telstra 4G wireless modem (or WiFi in Bali).

Software: Win8.1 64-bit OS with 15.9Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4 Patch, nGlide Wrapper 1920 x 1080 (Gamma Correction 0.7) Res. and DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

#5 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 10:44 AM

Yeah I'm not keen on change either!.....and that frigging BMS got my head done in!, why can't they just make it so the FPS stay the same!, drives my OCD nuts. :banghead: ....Thats one reason why I ain't been flying much lately, that and a lot of work to do this time of year, nice to hear your OK Wombat. :thumbsup:

#6 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

Red,

You'll just have to accept Falcon for what it is. At least BMS doesn't access the hard drive all the time, which would cause serious frame drops over the FLOT or Seoul regardless of what kind of system you had. A lot of the inconsistency is due to the "bubble" system that Falcon uses, and the slowdowns happen when lots of stuff "rezzes in" at the same time (which is still better than having to model everything not in your general area). No new system can overcome legacy coding; we just accept it and move on.

@Wombat,

Glad to hear the health issues are only mental!
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#7 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:28 PM

I'm almost there now HF, found a new running method and its working!, 60 FPS, real smooth over MANDUMI DAY 1 ROLLING FIRE, even during mass battle smoke clouds, check the BMS forum..........Wombat we're all crackers here so get your arse back on the forum, all the lads miss ya!, get back to flying TAW instead of flying over the Cuckoo's nest. ;) :thumbsup:

#8 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hey Wombat Hope it all turns for the Best.. I'll say some Prayers for you.. If you need to talk been down that road so perhaps I could be helpfull.. Hope Nothing too Serious ;)

Take care and hope to see you in the NOT so Friendly Skies soon ??

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#9 Wombat1940

Wombat1940

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 4,563 posts
  • Interests:Fight Sims, Motorbikes, Grand-children and a favorite Neighbour.

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hey Wombat Hope it all turns for the Best.. I'll say some Prayers for you.. If you need to talk been down that road so perhaps I could be helpfull.. Hope Nothing too Serious ;)

Take care and hope to see you in the NOT so Friendly Skies soon ??

Thanks Neph and boys.

@HF.
I wish they were physical ...... seriously. I've already had a prostate and a brain tumor removed and I think it was easier. For those fellow depression suffers you have my sympathy. Its taken me 72 years to go public. Well ...... lets hope it helps others. :thumbsup:

Custom built PC:Hardware:

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel ® i7 920 2.67Ghz CPU, 8Gb Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 (896Mb mem) video card with Direct X9c, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.

Partitioned HDD:

Software, 1st partition: XP Home SP3 32bit OS  with3.25Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4, nGlide Wrapper 1600x1200 (Gamma Correction 1.2).

Software, 2nd partition: Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit OS with 6Gb available memory running DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

MSI GE60 OND-288AU Notebook:Hardware:

15.6" (16 x 9) 1920 x 1080 HD anti-glare LCD screen, Intel ® Core ™ i7-3630QM 3rd Gen 3630QM Intel Core X64-based CPU, Intel HM76 Chipset with Turbo Drive Engine and Cooler Boost Technology, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory in two slots, NVIDIA Geforce GTX660M 3D Graphics Card with Direct X11, 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics VRAM, 750Gb SATA 7200 rpm HDD, Blue-Ray Optical drive, Saitek X52 joystick (alternatively, MS Sidewinder), Sierra USB Telstra 4G wireless modem (or WiFi in Bali).

Software: Win8.1 64-bit OS with 15.9Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4 Patch, nGlide Wrapper 1920 x 1080 (Gamma Correction 0.7) Res. and DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

#10 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,460 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:03 AM

Sorry to hear that, Wombat, and my apologies for the flippant remark. I thought that your comment was merely self deprecation.

Depression can be tough. I don't understand it (and hopefully never will), but a member of my family has it so I know it's more than just "sucking it up". It's all about better living through chemicals. :)
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#11 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 10:40 AM

Yeah good luck Wombat, just try to think about what you do have, PMA! (positive mental attitude), you've got a lot to be happy about so just try focus on that, and try to get your ass back in the F22 again if possible. :thumbsup: .

#12 Skeeter

Skeeter

Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Radio controlled model airplanes, UAVs, flight sims, aviation in general, reading in general.

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:30 PM

I love that picture! I'm thinking of you, Wombat.
Intel Core i7-4770K Haswell 3.5GHz LGA 1150 84W CPU; GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-D3H LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard; GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-4GD GeForce GTX 760 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 HDCP Ready WindForce 3X 450W Video Card; CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 Desktop Memory Model CMY16GX3M2A1866C9R; Seagate Hybrid Drive ST2000DX001 2TB MLC/8GB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s NCQ 3.5" Desktop SSHD; Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

#13 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:47 AM

I think this forum will not be the same without Wombat, I for one hope he returns A.S.A.P.

#14 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:37 PM

It was stumbling across Wombats posts while browsing that got me interested in this site in the first place.........I wish you well Wombat and hope your ok. :huh:

#15 CMDR Sweeper

CMDR Sweeper

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

Well I can understand Wombat's absence in regards to this forum layout and looks.
It actually zaps my will to post presently, and the same happened to another forum that updated to the same software... In short... Mission failed by the creators of the software :P

#16 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:12 PM

So can I Sweeper, why change things that work!, never understood that?.........scrap this crappy upgrade and roll back for Gods sake.

#17 CMDR Sweeper

CMDR Sweeper

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:15 PM

Well, they want to brush up the front end just to make it SEEM like they have done something.
Sadly with this it makes me wonder that they haven't fixed much on the backend.

#18 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:27 PM

I'd like to kick someone up the backend for changing this site, people get used to it and find it a comfort like Wombat, you change things FOR NO REASON WHAT SO EVER and that will turn people away!, stop fanning on with this site because you think you need to look like your being paid for doing something. :P

#19 CMDR Sweeper

CMDR Sweeper

Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:07 PM

Well deliver your kick to the guys behind IPBoard (The forum software) for not using their heads :P
The owner of this site put it off for quite some time: http://community.com...m-upgrade-soon/

#20 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:14 AM

Well I guess thats life, there seems to be a lot of people been paid for not using their heads in this life, but what can you do eh?..........I must apologize for last night, I was on the sauce and a little unhappy about Wombat leaving............ oh well just hope he's OK and gets back to flying TAW.