Eagle_Flight

Where's the Wombatinator? What's he been up to?!?! - Heads up! The Wombatinator strikes again!

85 posts in this topic

Hey guys :) As you probably know, Wombat's been busy with 'other stuff' lately... Or so he claims! Why won't he fly with us any more?? Is he busy flying elsewhere?

Well the internet revealed the truth to me while wasting time browsing for a cup of funny researching on very important matters.

I will let the picture speak for it's self:

3256725700b.jpg

It surprises me that someone who has to eject more often than not would jump out of planes for recreation as well!*:rofl::rofl:

Great find, Eagle!

* Just kidding, Wombat. You can fly on my wing anytime.

Eagle, that gave me another thought. Perhaps we need a Batman logo as a tail flash. Something for the next beta...

Thanks boys :P :P . I'm still around.

Few health issues to fix. But I'm working on it. Not all health issues are of a physical nature unfortunately.

Also, not a big one for change and the new forum layout was one step up I didn't need

Take care.

Yeah I'm not keen on change either!.....and that frigging BMS got my head done in!, why can't they just make it so the FPS stay the same!, drives my OCD nuts. :banghead: ....Thats one reason why I ain't been flying much lately, that and a lot of work to do this time of year, nice to hear your OK Wombat. :thumbsup:

Red,

You'll just have to accept Falcon for what it is. At least BMS doesn't access the hard drive all the time, which would cause serious frame drops over the FLOT or Seoul regardless of what kind of system you had. A lot of the inconsistency is due to the "bubble" system that Falcon uses, and the slowdowns happen when lots of stuff "rezzes in" at the same time (which is still better than having to model everything not in your general area). No new system can overcome legacy coding; we just accept it and move on.

@Wombat,

Glad to hear the health issues are only mental!

I'm almost there now HF, found a new running method and its working!, 60 FPS, real smooth over MANDUMI DAY 1 ROLLING FIRE, even during mass battle smoke clouds, check the BMS forum..........Wombat we're all crackers here so get your arse back on the forum, all the lads miss ya!, get back to flying TAW instead of flying over the Cuckoo's nest. ;):thumbsup:

Hey Wombat Hope it all turns for the Best.. I'll say some Prayers for you.. If you need to talk been down that road so perhaps I could be helpfull.. Hope Nothing too Serious ;)

Take care and hope to see you in the NOT so Friendly Skies soon ??

Hey Wombat Hope it all turns for the Best.. I'll say some Prayers for you.. If you need to talk been down that road so perhaps I could be helpfull.. Hope Nothing too Serious ;)

Take care and hope to see you in the NOT so Friendly Skies soon ??

Thanks Neph and boys.

@HF.

I wish they were physical ...... seriously. I've already had a prostate and a brain tumor removed and I think it was easier. For those fellow depression suffers you have my sympathy. Its taken me 72 years to go public. Well ...... lets hope it helps others. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that, Wombat, and my apologies for the flippant remark. I thought that your comment was merely self deprecation.

Depression can be tough. I don't understand it (and hopefully never will), but a member of my family has it so I know it's more than just "sucking it up". It's all about better living through chemicals. :)

Yeah good luck Wombat, just try to think about what you do have, PMA! (positive mental attitude), you've got a lot to be happy about so just try focus on that, and try to get your ass back in the F22 again if possible. :thumbsup: .

I love that picture! I'm thinking of you, Wombat.

It was stumbling across Wombats posts while browsing that got me interested in this site in the first place.........I wish you well Wombat and hope your ok. :huh:

Well I can understand Wombat's absence in regards to this forum layout and looks.

It actually zaps my will to post presently, and the same happened to another forum that updated to the same software... In short... Mission failed by the creators of the software :P

So can I Sweeper, why change things that work!, never understood that?.........scrap this crappy upgrade and roll back for Gods sake.

Well, they want to brush up the front end just to make it SEEM like they have done something.

Sadly with this it makes me wonder that they haven't fixed much on the backend.

I'd like to kick someone up the backend for changing this site, people get used to it and find it a comfort like Wombat, you change things FOR NO REASON WHAT SO EVER and that will turn people away!, stop fanning on with this site because you think you need to look like your being paid for doing something. :P

Well deliver your kick to the guys behind IPBoard (The forum software) for not using their heads :P

The owner of this site put it off for quite some time:

Well I guess thats life, there seems to be a lot of people been paid for not using their heads in this life, but what can you do eh?..........I must apologize for last night, I was on the sauce and a little unhappy about Wombat leaving............ oh well just hope he's OK and gets back to flying TAW.

Well I guess we should go and throw "rocks" of discontent at the IP Board developers, or their publisher / funder...

Make them think :D

Good idea Sweeper, there is also a RAF base not far from here with an EF2000 loaded with GBU's...........very handy!! ;)

Ouch :P well that is one way of getting your point across.

But you can also head over and give the developers a piece of your mind :P might not do much, but you sure feel a hell of a lot better :D

I'd like to kick someone up the backend for changing this site, people get used to it and find it a comfort like Wombat, you change things FOR NO REASON WHAT SO EVER and that will turn people away!, stop fanning on with this site because you think you need to look like your being paid for doing something. :P

Lets not be too hard on anybody here. ;)

Yes I am slow and sometimes disappointed to have to accept change, but that's mainly due to my age. My lack of posting is due principally to personal issues that I've conveyed elsewhere at this forum. Its says something for my confidence in the administrators and posters here that I am able to express such personal health issues through this forum. I still visit the CombatSim 4 or 5 times a day to read the latest post. Its medication to me. I have to get my daily fix. ;)

I was comfortable with the old format but what the heck. All the boys here do a great job and we're all thankful for that.

My next grizzle will be when I have to upgrade my OS from XP to Win7. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming from Win95 to Win98 so be prepared. :P

My next grizzle will be when I have to upgrade my OS from XP to Win7. I had to be dragged kicking and screaming from Win95 to Win98 so be prepared. :P

The good news is that most games you play run well on Win7. Even Freelancer, though it needs a few tweaks. The games that need XP can be run on an older system to which you can attach your X-52, leaving the Cougar for your Win7 box.

One possible exception is Allied Force, which runs well in Win7 but can give you anomalies on the kneeboard map. However, BMS runs better on Win7 than it does XP. Of course, the old Strike Fighters games need XP, but the SF2 line now (as of March) requires Vista/Win7 for the DX10 graphics. Somehow, I can see you getting into the new SF2 games as well.