COMBATSIM Forum
Home Fries

BMS 4.32 Update 2 Released

Just like the title says, Update 2 is out!

I haven't yet installed it (that whole "work thing" and all), so no change log to post just yet.

Exe:

-Fixed bug where bore sidewinder mode diamond follows FCR target.

-Added overrides to RakNet for the "Cloud Message" problem.

-Bounds check DOF number for E3 Script.

-CTD fix try for the HARM seeker crash.

-Fix for the image loading in logbook UI for pilot pictures and squadron patch files.

-Fix for CTD in BeamRiderClass::ConsiderDecoy().

-Gun damage math changed to make guns more effective.

-CTD fix for the GM radar DrawBlip crash.

-Fix ACMI CTD and make it work with driver forced AA.

Data:

-Updated all Mirage 2000 external models to fix flapperons.

-Updated Mirage 2000-D 3D cockpit to add HSI range.

-Updated Mirage 2000-5F 3D cockpit to add HSI range.

-Textures updated to match new Mirage 2000-D and -5F HSI range.

-Mirage 2000 FMs modified to fix flapperon issue.

-Mirage 2000 FMs modified to fix rack issue.

-bmsrack.dat modified to fix Mirage 2000 bomb rack issue.

-Fix for Mirage 2000-D and N air intakes animation.

-Added a x10 factor to the animSwingWingAngle and animSwingWingRate values.

-Revert the specific changes that caused the MK-20, BLU-107 and flare crashes.

Edit 1: additionally to the changes above, the Launcher has been fixed to correctly start the IVC client again, and to include the promised different color shortcut icons.

Some of those DL Links have corrupted files get the Patch from LEADPURSUIT.CA..

yeah and they fixed my GM radar crash in Rolling Fire campaign too with UD 2, apparently they had the fix all the time but it never made it to public release for some reason?, but fixed now!

yeah and they fixed my GM radar crash in Rolling Fire campaign too with UD 2, apparently they had the fix all the time but it never made it to public release for some reason?, but fixed now!

Most likely, the had the fix after the code freeze, and to put it in would have meant another round of testing, then regression testing to make sure the fix didn't break anything else.

No doubt they wanted it in, but fortunately for us they "played by the rules", in this case proper software development doctrine, to give us a good product with fewer risks.

I just came across this vid and as you can see the FPS is 36 ish and it looks smooth, but on my screen 36 FPS does not look as smooth as that!, maybe I need Track-IR?, because at the mo I just use the HAT switch to pan around the cockpit?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtwTXn8Druk

EDIT: Oh crap you'll have to watch it on Youtube, the embedding is disabled.

I just came across this vid and as you can see the FPS is 36 ish and it looks smooth, but on my screen 36 FPS does not look as smooth as that!, maybe I need Track-IR?, because at the mo I just use the HAT switch to pan around the cockpit?

TrackIR is awesome. I don't do flight sims anymore that don't have it. The movement is also much smoother than the hat, though usually framerate isn't the limiting factor; it's just that the TrackIR has a higher sampling rate than the joystick. Check out the TrackIR 5.

Also, don't get wrapped up in the frame numbers. When you do triple buffering, displayed FPS is fairly worthless as it tends to display very conservative values. A triple-buffered configuration showing 36 FPS may actually be netting 50.