COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Stag

Back in the Saddle...

CLoD requires DX10, Windows XP doesn't support DX10 so I don't have CLoD.

Not quite true, although you'd be better off with DX10.

I haven't fired up Clod in over a year as I'm not really impressed with it.

The aircraft detailing is stunning though, and might be worth getting if you treat it as a WW2 version of FSX and forget about the combat aspects.

I'm using windows 7, but the video card I have is only capable of running DX9. Still, not bad results. as for the combat; some stuttering, pretty much the same as I had when I first got IL2 on the machine I had back in that day. I doubt there'll ever be the same number of aircraft in the sky as with WoV, but IL2 couldn't manage that either.

I'm not sure I ever managed a 100% stutter elimination with Il2:1946. There always seemed to be a little micro-stutter. Online flying was fun.

I bought CloD a couple of weeks ago. Still can't get it to work. Even the Tiger Moth in Training! I'm just hoping that the Community will continue working on it so that maybe some day I can fly. What a first-class rip-off of IL-2! Oh, for the old days of EAW!

Agreed. If only you could bung that campaign onto a modern sim. Falcon 4 and EAW had the DC nailed down tight, but it seems to have become a lost art. :shrug:

Spent Fathers Day playing around with CLOD, (No complaints from the wife, as she said I could do what I wanted!) Although I only have DX9, I managed to fly the Single Missions on 'Easy' settings, and low-key Graphics. I still goggle at the shadows and sun effects in the cockpits! Have to do some more tweaking, and will report back if interesting things happen.

And sometimes you don't have to do bog-all...

Now this one, I should point out, was done on a machine with a DX11 capable video card. You see the wife needed a new PC, and naturally I obliged... Spitfires.jpg

So you're saying that Spits need DX11, whereas Hurris can get by on DX9? Must be a very subtle difference caused by the more modern aircraft technology in use at the time! Spits faster, better altitude advantage, larger guns, etc? Boy, that's some Computer modeling there! So, in other words I should upgrade my vid card to one that uses DX11. Here we go again! Now I wish I hadn't seen those comparison pics, Staggers!