2 replies to this topic

#1 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

Lately, I've been putting Wrench's EA-6B templates to good use in creating Prowler skins, but the lion's share of my work has been creating the logos for each of the EA-6B squadrons (USN and USMC). I have created Hi-color as well as low visibility (dark and light) insignia, along with CAG markings that differ from the standard Hi-color markings. All of the squadrons have been added to SquadronList.ini, with EA-6B entries starting at 455. This leaves plenty of room for other add-on squadrons or TK patches.
Posted Image

All of the following birds use the same skin; any variation is in decals only. This keeps with the modular nature of the A-6 Superpack. You will also notice the use of canopy decals in a number of cases as well.

Here are the squadrons in order, from VAQ-129 through VAQ-142, and VAQ-209. The USMC squadrons have been completed, but are not displayed here because the skins are still in the works.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm particularly proud of this one (VAQ-140)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finally, you may notice the implementation of Russouk's lights via Fakepilot, allowing for additional nav lights.
Posted Image

The white tail light has also been added to the rudder, with the A-6 retrofitted with this light as well.
Posted Image

Now if somebody can hook me up with some working slimers, I'll really be in business. That, and if anybody can provide assistance with adjusting the ALQ-99 in the data.ini files to account for each variant then release of the EA-6B pack should be within a couple of weeks.

The EA-6B pack will require that the A-6 Superpack be installed.
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#2 RadPig94

RadPig94

First Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

kick...ass

#3 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,445 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Wait until you see the new low-vis skins I developed. :icon_rock:
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SF2, A-6 Superpack, EA6B, A6