11 replies to this topic

#1 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

......What an enormous pile of poo, sorry but I will not be waisting any more seconds of my life running this, a big thumbs down. :wtf:

#2 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

Ah!.......found some mods for it, I shall apply them and hopefully see an improvement.

http://www.lockonfil...n 7.2#dldetails

#3 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

OK after just a few mods installed its not too bad at all, just had quite a fun flight. :thumbsup:

#4 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

well the A-10 in the FC2 is pretty good give that a try..I also liked the Su33 and SU-25T

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#5 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:58 AM

well the A-10 in the FC2 is pretty good give that a try..I also liked the Su33 and SU-25T

Yes I like the A-10 too, however it just doesn't feel right this game, and it has micro stutters which are nothing to do with FPS, maybe a driver issue or a runtime library issue?......I had a similar problem with F4 Superpack 4.2 and solved it by updating the msvcrt.dll to a newer version......Flaming Cliffs 2 uses msvcp71.dll and msvcr71.dll, updating these may improve things.

#6 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

It's been my experience that DCS microstutters are HD related. I find (at least with DCS World) that putting it on a SSD helps immensely with load times, and I also have pre-load maximized to prevent HD-induced microstutters. Both DCSW and FC2 are smooth as silk for me (FC2 maxed out, DCSW set to medium with some high settings).
-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
Posted Image

#7 The_Nephilim

The_Nephilim

3D Vision Guru

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts
  • Interests:Flight Simulation, The Universe..

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

HF's just to let you know I decided to keep FC3..

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.3Ghz / CM Hyper 212+ Heatsink / Asus P8Z68-V/Gen3 / Corsair XMS 16GB DDR3 memory / eVGA 590 GTX / Rocket Fish 7.1 Sound System / 3 - Acer X1261P NVidia 3d Vision Certified Projectors / 3 - 45" Screens / Cougar HOTAS / Win 7-64bit / nVidia 3D Vision / HAF 932 Full Tower

2095164.png

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't..- The Nephilim

#8 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

Sweet. Looking forward to those new 6DOF pits and the A-10A AFM. I really hope they give the Su-33 a facelift once they've implemented the new Su-27; I gotta gets me some carrier ops!

BTW, have you seen the latest video on the MiG-29S TWS simultaneous engagement?

-Home Fries

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-John Stuart Mill

The average Naval Aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring.
Posted Image

#9 Redfalcon

Redfalcon

Lt. Colonel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Yeah HF, DCSW (the latest version) runs sweet, no stuttering, so does FC3, and A-10C, its only FC2??, and its always right at the start of a mission?, also with FC2 I get some weird shadow shimmering effect on the mountains?, can't understand it myself, but not to worry, FC3 with F-15C 6DOF pit rocks, so does A-10C, one thing I did find was that if installed into Win7 program files I got problems but if installed directly into C:/ drive then FC2 did run better, but not perfect?.

#10 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

Start of the mission is when things load up. I always wait for things to settle down before hitting the Pause button for that reason.

As for Program Files, I never install any game into Program Files, especially one that I expect might be modded. Vista and later put anything in c:\Program Files (along with x86) under protected status, so no program can make direct changes to the files there (except for patches).

A good rule of thumb is to have a games folder not under Program Files, and install your games there. Then it's just like running in XP (for the most part).
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#11 Home Fries

Home Fries

Air Dominance Project

• Charter Member
  • 4,462 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 11:30 AM

Update: got my nephew running on FC2 with his Stickworks F22, and he's been able to consistently shoot down transport aircraft with his cannon. My evil plan has traction! :ph43r:
-Home Fries

-John Stuart Mill

Posted Image

#12 Wombat1940

Wombat1940

Maj. General

• Charter Member
  • 4,563 posts
  • Interests:Fight Sims, Motorbikes, Grand-children and a favorite Neighbour.

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:42 PM

Update: got my nephew running on FC2 with his Stickworks F22, and he's been able to consistently shoot down transport aircraft with his cannon. My evil plan has traction! :ph43r:

:lol:

Custom built PC:Hardware:

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 3 GA-EX58-UD4P motherboard, Intel ® i7 920 2.67Ghz CPU, 8Gb Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX275 (896Mb mem) video card with Direct X9c, Realtek ALC850 sound circuitry, Samsung 21"(4x3)Flat LCD, TM Cougar joystick, TrackIR 3Pro, Logitech G330 Headset, ConnectAccess621 ADSL2/2 Router.

Partitioned HDD:

Software, 1st partition: XP Home SP3 32bit OS  with3.25Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4, nGlide Wrapper 1600x1200 (Gamma Correction 1.2).

Software, 2nd partition: Vista Home Premium SP2 64bit OS with 6Gb available memory running DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler

MSI GE60 OND-288AU Notebook:Hardware:

15.6" (16 x 9) 1920 x 1080 HD anti-glare LCD screen, Intel ® Core ™ i7-3630QM 3rd Gen 3630QM Intel Core X64-based CPU, Intel HM76 Chipset with Turbo Drive Engine and Cooler Boost Technology, 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz Memory in two slots, NVIDIA Geforce GTX660M 3D Graphics Card with Direct X11, 2Gb GDDR5 Graphics VRAM, 750Gb SATA 7200 rpm HDD, Blue-Ray Optical drive, Saitek X52 joystick (alternatively, MS Sidewinder), Sierra USB Telstra 4G wireless modem (or WiFi in Bali).

Software: Win8.1 64-bit OS with 15.9Gb available memory running TAW2.0 Ed:2.20 Baseline + 2.21 Patch + 2.22a Patch + 2.30beta4 Patch, nGlide Wrapper 1920 x 1080 (Gamma Correction 0.7) Res. and DCSWorld plus DCS FC3.

Spoiler