Photo

Retirement, Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover, OH MY!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Donster

Donster

Babengrupenfuhrermeister

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,991 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

hey you are welcome anytime to my camp in Starks, Maine. I could use an extra hammer or saw! We could even go a few hours and go haunt Mane Raptor. The invatation is good for anyone of my old pals as well! I am getting well dug this week so should have a real flush toilet and shower soon!

Sounds great! I'll bring a hammer in my suitcase. But can you swing two at the same time? :P
"Work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work....."

#22 kopperdrake

kopperdrake

Second Lieutenant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:17 AM

Ordered "CoD" for $17.44 including shipping yesterday morning from Amazon.com. Delivery in 4-5 days. Steam wanted $49.95. No way I would pay that much. As this will be an experiment to see if I can enjoy a flight sim again.

Hi chaps - stumbled across this forum and noticed you've ordered CoD. If you haven't done so already, might I suggest you get yourself on to the ATAG server - their forum is at http://theairtactica...forum/forum.php and they have their own TeamSpeak channel as well.

I had a struggle getting the planes to run at first, but the complexity just adds to the depth of the game and once you get the hang of the engine management it's hard to break an engine. These chaps were great at talking me through getting a plane into the sky, they'll even 1-to-1 with you in a separate comms channel to help you through. Their server is also a great way to meet the various people flying the sim - most squadrons from around the world fly on there if they're not on their own servers. Once you get the hang of whichever planes you fancy flying, you'll likely end up in a squadron. After 4 months of flying the sim I now fly as part of a hurricane squadron (No.501 at http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/), so you tend to fly with the same chaps to get a feel for formation flying and group tactics, how to be a decent wingman, strengths and weaknesses of your plane etc. One group of players have set up their server to invite squadrons to a 7-week battle - each Sunday a mission is set, only flight leaders can communicate with radar, one plane, one life for each pilot. In honesty the campaign hasn't been without its problems, but it's a new idea and can only get better. That being said, there is no feeling quite like flying in formation with another 7 hurricanes, knowing that there are another 20 planes or so out there on your side.

Good hunting,

Drake

#23 Stans

Stans

‹berkommandant alles Spam

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 47,036 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 04:45 AM

Kopperdrake, welcome to CSim! Stick around and join in the fun here. :)
When you know as much as I do, you become a danger only to yourself.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

"Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard... why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away?" - Mel Gibson as Benjamin Martin in The Patriot, 2000.

Jailhouse Bones Davis, that's my blues name, so don't forget it.