The other day, I came across a post at AvSim that describes how you can hack the P3D language.dll to make the TrackIR think that you're running FSX (which is compatible). I tried it and it works well.
Here's what you do:
- Back up language.dll in your P3D main folder.
- Download and install Resource Hacker.
- Open languagfe.dll in Resource Hacker.
- In String Table 1 line 2, replace "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®" with "Microsoft Flight Simulator X".
- In String Table 1 line 3, replace "Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®" with "Microsoft Flight Simulator".
- Compile and save.
Enjoy P3D as it should be enjoyed!