5 replies to this topic

#1 Donster

Donster

Babengrupenfuhrermeister

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,967 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:10 AM

McKenzie was in and out of hospital since 2010 after falling ill with Guillain-Barre Syndrome, a disease affecting the nervous system.

In case you don't know the song, or weren't there at that time with Whizkid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bch1_Ep5M1s

RIP
"Work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work....."

#2 Stans

Stans

‹berkommandant alles Spam

• Charter Member
  • 47,032 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

Dang. :(
When you know as much as I do, you become a danger only to yourself.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

"Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard... why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away?" - Mel Gibson as Benjamin Martin in The Patriot, 2000.

Jailhouse Bones Davis, that's my blues name, so don't forget it.

#3 Whizkid

Whizkid

Pilot Officer

• Charter Member
  • 16,496 posts
  • Interests:Flight Sims,GPL,CSim,Sailing, MilitaryTechno-novels,Border Collies.

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:54 PM

Oh, yes, I arrived in Sausalito from Toronto in October 1963, and became an instant believer! I used to party on Haight Street and kick back in Golden Gate Park. But I never inhaled! Those were the times, my friends, those were the times! Then everything went downhill for this wonderful country after that. Never be the same, the blinders came off.

#4 Donster

Donster

Babengrupenfuhrermeister

• Charter Member
  • 51,967 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 06:16 AM

I wondered how long it would be before you commented Whiz. I'm sure you were spending a day in mourning. Chanting Kumbaya, with burning candles and incense, wearing your love beads, listening to your collection of Grateful Dead, Big Brother and the Holding Company (with Janis Joplin), The Mamas & the Papas and Jefferson Airplane albums. Smoking your freshest crop from the "secret garden". Free love with your old lady and the other guys old ladies and the other old guys...sorry, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

Posted Image
"Work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work, work....."

#5 Whizkid

Whizkid

Pilot Officer

• Charter Member
  • 16,496 posts
  • Interests:Flight Sims,GPL,CSim,Sailing, MilitaryTechno-novels,Border Collies.

Posted 22 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

All in your imagination, Donnie! The truth is I only ever once attended a party in the Haight where pot was smoked, as I was a very naive young man at the time, and wondered why they were smoking such awful smelling tobacco, so didn't participate, prefering my own Prince Alberts Own in my pipe,and I thought that most of the partygoers were a pretty smelly bunch, some with dreadlocks, (and those were the girls!), and the guys who were holding hands I thought were just good friends. No, it took me some time to wake up to the San Francisco scene, and by then I was happily engaged to my present wife, so I missed out on all the good(?) stuff. My English upbringing made me miss out on a lot of lifes experiences, which in retrospect was probably a good thing.

#6 Stans

Stans

‹berkommandant alles Spam

• Charter Member
  • 47,032 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:56 PM

Yeah, probably stuffed some weed into that pipe and smoked it all night long. :rolleyes:
When you know as much as I do, you become a danger only to yourself.

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.

"Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard... why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away?" - Mel Gibson as Benjamin Martin in The Patriot, 2000.

Jailhouse Bones Davis, that's my blues name, so don't forget it.