COMBATSIM Forum
Mgellis

The Next Five Wars

I'm not sure if this belongs in "Military History" or another part of the forums, but this seemed like the best place for it...

What do you think are the five most likely wars (regional or global) that we could see in the next five to ten years? Syria and Turkey? India and China? The US and Iran? Indonesia and Australia? Who will fight these wars and what will cause these nations to come to blows?

The next war is most likely going to be in Syria. Syria has been in a state of civil war for close to two years now. What you may not know is that the U.S. has just deployed additional troops to Iraq, troops and missile batteries (defensive) to Turkey and troops to Jordan. These nations surround Syria and there have been some people in the U.S. government, most notably Senator John McCain, who have long advocated sending U.S. troops into Syria. The Middle East is currently undergoing a revolution, either by violence or silently by infiltration. The entire region is embracing The Muslim Brotherhood and strict, even radical, Islam. I don't think there are going to be five more wars, I think there is going to be one global war. It will be sparked in the western edge of the Middle East. It will draw in Germany and Russia as they are the two major powers that have been supplying war material to the Syrian government and the Syrian rebellion. It will escalate into a global war between the nations of Islam and the rest of the world. Think the price of gasoline and diesel fuels are high now? Wait until there is absolutely no oil coming out of the Middle East.

Beyond that, I see wars over food and water. If the Middle East ceases to export oil, it will be nearly impossible for the west to continue to grow crops to feed all the humans and livestock. There will be food shortages. With soaring energy prices we could see not only people not being able to afford electricity, but utilities not being able to continue to provide power. That means water treatment plants and public utilities may shut down. Considering the droughts that have plagued the earth for the past few years, combined with the loss of cheap energy, the resulting shortages of food and water, global society devolves into chaos, all wealth is lost, anarchy reigns. Think it will not happen? All of the world's great societies and empires thought it would not happen. Where are they today?

By the way, the western culture is already dying. Addiction to self-satisfaction and debt have rotted the west from within. It's only a matter of time before we crumble.

Feel better now?

Oh, thanks, Stans! At least I'm at the right end of my life. You must have been reading "The Trumpet" for the Prophecies, right?

I'm not sure if this belongs in "Military History" or another part of the forums, but this seemed like the best place for it...

What do you think are the five most likely wars (regional or global) that we could see in the next five to ten years? ................................Indonesia and Australia? .....................................

Wow! Like Whizkid, I glad I'm at the right end of my life. Indonesia is our (Australia's) closest neighbour It really is East meets West on the other side of the fence. Its that close. But I don't think proximity will have anything to do with it, but cultural and religious faith, or the lack of it in our case might. We won't die for Allah, but others will.