COMBATSIM Forum
Wombat1940

LOOK WHAT I'VE FOUND!!!

Bought them months, maybe years ago.

PC180659_zpsa0b7ddcf.jpg

Its ironic isn't it. Just got DCSW/FC3 to run as an alternative to training for Falcon BMS and these turn up! :rolleyes: Don't have the time to train for both ....... :lol: But what a nice dilemma. The day started badly but its finished super well. :thumbsup:

Just install DCS A-10C. Dilemma solved! :rofl:

I've actually programmed my MFDs for FC3, but I manually assigned functions that are normally used in the F-16, so unless you know those OSBs they probably won't do you a lot of good.

On the bright side, there is a Eurofighter add-on for DCS in the works, so those may come in handy after all.

On the bright side, there is a Eurofighter add-on for DCS in the works, so those may come in handy after all.

Have to have that!

I've actually programmed my MFDs for FC3, but I manually assigned functions that are normally used in the F-16, so unless you know those OSBs they probably won't do you a lot of good.

Just got to thinking that the MFD has a space for a card insert so you can have a reference for the buttons. I just revised my FC3 Cougar profile last night so you no longer need separate profiles for the Russian birds, the F-15, and the A-10A. By assigning many of the commands external to the cougar (e.g. using MFDs) I was able to simplify the Cougar profile to be one for all FC3 birds (incl. Su-25T), though the Cougar "shift" commands (e.g. S3 button) still work in DCS with the MFDs and keyboard.

I actually did this with the Saitek P8000, but since you guys have the Cougar MFDs I will program those to pick up the slack, and I will make my profiles available. The profiles themselves are complicated, but installing them and using them are fairly simple.

@Neph, I also updated the A-10C Cougar profile. I basically added a DX modifier to the T1 button so that if you press it with S3 (e.g. "shift" T1) it enables the keyboard and right MFD to be used as CDU direct entry. Pressing T1 again (without S3) takes you out of CDU mode.

Just wrote a frigging long post and lost it when I went to check my profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the bone of it ....................

@HF. Where can I get your FC3 Cougar profile? Thanks.

Will installing 64bit drivers to my Cougar on my Vista partition effect the XP Cougar drivers on the XP partition?

What's happened to my spell check?

Thanks

Just wrote a frigging long post and lost it when I went to check my profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the bone of it ....................

@HF. Where can I get your FC3 Cougar profile? Thanks.

Will installing 64bit drivers to my Cougar on my Vista partition effect the XP Cougar drivers on the XP partition?

What's happened to my spell check?

Thanks

I'm still working on the FC3 profile. It should hopefully be done this evening before the fly-in, else tomorrow evening.

The 64 bit HOTAS drivers can be tricky. If you install to the same drive as the operating system (as it should default to), then you won't overwrite the files, but you will have have different sets of cougar profiles for each install. Not a big deal since you will be using TAW, FC3, and F4 on Vista, but it is something to be aware of. There's also a way to do it in vista that will synchronize the folders. It's system level folder management, but I can show you how when we're on TS3.

If you install the HOTAS drivers to another drive/partition, you do have to be careful not to overwrite the existing files. Your best bet is to rename the HOTAS folder from the XP install to something else (e.g. HOTASx86) and then install the 64 bit drivers. This shouldn't be an issue though if you use the default folders. Back up your original HOTAS folder just in case, though.

Can't answer the last question; I'm getting red squigglies when I write unrecognized words (including "squigglies").

I'm still working on the FC3 profile. It should hopefully be done this evening before the fly-in, else tomorrow evening.

The 64 bit HOTAS drivers can be tricky. If you install to the same drive as the operating system (as it should default to), then you won't overwrite the files, but you will have have different sets of cougar profiles for each install. Not a big deal since you will be using TAW, FC3, and F4 on Vista, but it is something to be aware of. There's also a way to do it in vista that will synchronize the folders. It's system level folder management, but I can show you how when we're on TS3.

If you install the HOTAS drivers to another drive/partition, you do have to be careful not to overwrite the existing files. Your best bet is to rename the HOTAS folder from the XP install to something else (e.g. HOTASx86) and then install the 64 bit drivers. This shouldn't be an issue though if you use the default folders. Back up your original HOTAS folder just in case, though.

Can't answer the last question; I'm getting red squigglies when I write unrecognized words (including "squigglies").

Thanks. Will leave out driver installation for the Cougar on the Vista partition at the moment. It sounds to risky and probably is following my previous experiences with TM drivers.

I getting "red suiggles" at the XP partition but not here at Vista.

Wombat,

If you install it to the vista partition, it's not tricky. It's only if you try to get fancy that you might run into trouble.

Got the FC3 profile working last night. I created profiles for TrackIR and POV hat users and added the proper rem statements in the TMJ file to make adjustments accordingly. I also made user defined throttle curves to match up the afterburner and idle detents, refined the MFD commands to take some of the load off the HOTAS commands (which makes the profile less abstract and allows for cross-platform use within FC3) and created MFD inserts for a command reference. Finally, I created the HOTAS graphic, though due to the fact that it covers functions of multiple aircraft I didn't go into great detail. This will be in the Readme which I have yet to do.

@Neph, I'll need your help in debugging the profile. In particular I need to know whether modifiers need to have the same name as the original profile, or whether they can be named anything and the profile adjusts. This is because I require the use of the Cougar DX3 (S3), DX25, and DX26 (dogfight up/down) as modifiers within DCS, and right now they must be manually input by the end user.

Great discovery so you will be able to quickly select the right knob on the MFD and not like me that i am forced to use the mouse and sometimes I select the wrong switch ;-)

Great discovery so you will be able to quickly select the right knob on the MFD and not like me that i am forced to use the mouse and sometimes I select the wrong switch ;-)

What about using your keyboard keys using a modified .key file?