COMBATSIM Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Dude

GPL Resources

Demo:

• Grand Prix Legends 2004 Demo: Updated graphics. Includes Watkins Glen track, but you can download additional tracks from other sites and they'll work.

Resource Sites:

Driving Tips:

Multiplayer:

• VROC: Multiplayer client similar to HyperLobby used with flight sims.

Add a resource by replying to this thread and we'll stick it in the above list.

Hi guys , big rev head here. Is this the Sierra title I'm thinking of ? How recent has this been released (re-release ?). I'll download the demo and take a look at some stage , has it camber adjustment and all that? Sierra do make great car physics , I have raced and loved all of the NASCAR and especially the INDYCAR titles over the years , a shame what happened to the Open Wheeler scene over there as I was a huge Indycar fan since watching my first Indy500 in '89. I have not missed a year since , and religiously stay awake here in Sydney until 5-6am in the morning to watch it LIVE. Shame I havn't seen a title about Indycar/IRL for some time , are there any out there ? Well he did have a nack for the place this kid: My favorite since the Rick Galles days: :icon_bow:

arx1170330736i.jpg

Couldn't help myself , here is me with my limited motorsport budget bagging a win (!) around the Wollongong circuit in my 100cc Yamaha (S) 17hp GoKart. Revs to 15,800rpm (Singin') (135kg min weight with driver). They'll do 115-120km/h , which seems dam fast when your arse is 2" off the ground ! I'm yet to upgrade to a 250cc 6 speed SuperKart that'll outlap our V8 Supercars around street circuits.....soon. :ph43r:

arx1170330893y.jpg

Cheers

Paul :thumbsup:

viu1170330943g.jpg

Sorry, one more: My Mecca (along with Spa and Monza) I still plan to visit some time for the whole month of May.. :icon_bow: Little Al again:

viu1170331049o.jpg

PaulN,

Sorry to leave you hanging here, mate. Just saw your post today.

Yes, we are talking about Sierra's Grand Prix Legends. Classic sim and the demo is the full-on version with all the graphics and sound upgrades already installed. You only get the Watkin's Glen track with the demo, but there's a grillion free tracks you can download at The Alternative GPL Track Database.

Hope we didn't ignore you so long that you bailed on us :D

nah of course not man , was probably doing laps some place or another , playing harpoon , learning MS Flight Sim X (just got it) , or trying to 'understand' Orbier (read doing a physics degree just so as I can play the game).

never far away from here as you have Harpoon related articles. Happy laps my friend.

no pics from me today sorry , ive banned myself. Go McLaren ! :icon_bow::icon_salute3::ph43r: